4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Stay the course

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Big Al, Gerald Green, and the ohers are NOT, repeat NOT Hall of Fame players.   Big Al is not even an all star.  Gerald Green?   Get real, he's a first round pick and sits the bench.  He was a mistake and Danny traded the mistake and the has beens like Telfair for Garnett.  Only Big Al was worth anything and even he, as noted, is not a top Tier player - not an all star and certainly not a hall of famer who carries a team.  So, good for Danny, he did trade mid-level players for a superstar who brought us a championship when teamed with other superstars and some great role players.

You misunderstood what was said.

OneOnOne said players signed for the MLE, not mid-level ability.

So you know a player that was signed for the MLE of 5m that got traded for a star player?

That is simply not true,  You are MAKING THINGS UP to support your advance knowledge  with this poster.  I haven't said players sign for MLE.  I rarely even think about  MLE let alone talk about it.  Why do you make this crap up?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

That is simply not true,  You are MAKING THINGS UPto support your advance knowledge  with this poster.  I haven't said players sign for MLE.  I rarely even think about  MLE let alone talk about it.  Why do you make this crap up?

Here:

Re: Build Through The Draft

posted at 5/13/2013 7:44 AM EDT

• OneOnOne
    • First: 1/3/2009
    • Last: 5/16/2013

In response to prakash's comment:

Fierce, trying to follow OKC is like so many teams trying to follow the 3-guard strategy after the Pistons' success.  For one OKC there are the Bulls, Clippers, Portland, Charlotte and others.  At the end of the day, it is very simple, you have to maximize every opportunity: draft, free-agents and trades.  And then you have to hope to be in the right place at the right time to make that big hit.

Remember, the Celts had the best odds to get the first pick to draft Duncan?  San Antonio was nowhere in the odds picture.  Ended up in a disaster.  Same with the 2007 draft.  The Celts ended up with Jeff Green, instead of Durant, whom they traded and got back but you don't consider him to be a special player.

Like I said, when was the last time the Celts signed a free-agent All-Star player? 

And I mean not a washed up All-Star player like Rasheed Wallace.

If the Celts got Durant in 2007 then Ainge would not have traded Durant.

Here's the thing, how do you acquire assets? 

It's only through the draft that you can get quality players that you can use in a trade.

Having the 21st pick every year because you keep fighting for the 7th or 8th seed is a waste of time.

so signing mid level players can't be used in trades for top tier players.  Again building thru the draft is not the ONLY way as you have suggested,  it is merely one way.  Not very many teams are successful going that route either.

I see you are trying to make it look like I said the bolded part.  

Again  where did I say something about the MLE??  I sure never said the part you have bolded.  I actually insinuated that you can do exactly that.  Again and follow closely-  we got KG for basically junk players and one middle of the pack player in Al.  Where is it?  Dude you need some sleep.  Take a few hours off from this site and come back refreshed. You are flooding this thread with so many posts you are either making things up or flat out don't know what you and others are posting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

That is simply not true,  You are MAKING THINGS UPto support your advance knowledge  with this poster.  I haven't said players sign for MLE.  I rarely even think about  MLE let alone talk about it.  Why do you make this crap up?

Here:

Re: Build Through The Draft

posted at 5/13/2013 7:44 AM EDT

• OneOnOne
    • First: 1/3/2009
    • Last: 5/16/2013

In response to prakash's comment:

Fierce, trying to follow OKC is like so many teams trying to follow the 3-guard strategy after the Pistons' success.  For one OKC there are the Bulls, Clippers, Portland, Charlotte and others.  At the end of the day, it is very simple, you have to maximize every opportunity: draft, free-agents and trades.  And then you have to hope to be in the right place at the right time to make that big hit.

Remember, the Celts had the best odds to get the first pick to draft Duncan?  San Antonio was nowhere in the odds picture.  Ended up in a disaster.  Same with the 2007 draft.  The Celts ended up with Jeff Green, instead of Durant, whom they traded and got back but you don't consider him to be a special player.

Like I said, when was the last time the Celts signed a free-agent All-Star player? 

And I mean not a washed up All-Star player like Rasheed Wallace.

If the Celts got Durant in 2007 then Ainge would not have traded Durant.

Here's the thing, how do you acquire assets? 

It's only through the draft that you can get quality players that you can use in a trade.

Having the 21st pick every year because you keep fighting for the 7th or 8th seed is a waste of time.

so signing mid level players can't be used in trades for top tier players.  Again building thru the draft is not the ONLY way as you have suggested,  it is merely one way.  Not very many teams are successful going that route either.

I see you are trying to make it look like I said the bolded part.  

Again  where did I say something about the MLE??  I sure never said the part you have bolded.  I actually insinuated that you can do exactly that.  Again and follow closely-  we got KG for basically junk players and one middle of the pack player in Al.  Where is it?  Dude you need some sleep.  Take a few hours off from this site and come back refreshed. You are flooding this thread with so many posts you are either making things up or flat out don't know what you and others are posting.

LOL  Yet another one calls fierce out for what he is....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne

I hope you're ready to be off this board for 1 year.

the thing is ,  it wouldn't bother me in the least.  I do have another life.  With you,  hmmm,  I am sure you wouldn't honor it since you didn't the last time.   

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

OneOnOne

I hope you're ready to be off this board for 1 year.

the thing is ,  it wouldn't bother me in the least.  I do have another life.  With you,  hmmm,  I am sure you wouldn't honor it since you didn't the last time.   

I'm here to prove a point. You want to make it 2 years instead of just 1 year?

The only pt you proved was you couldn't pull up my post saying what you said I did.  So in the Fiercest tradition you changed the course and focused on something else.

Do you honor your bets?  Everyone here knows you didn't honor the last one.  What makes me think you will honor this one?  When a person makes a bet and loses,  they don't say, "so and so said this so I had come back early to defend my name".  Thats not how we make bets in my part of the world.

Again- answer this question-  do YOU honor your bets?  It is a yes no question.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts