Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes.

Not really much else to say just pointing it out. He blocks 5.44 shots per 48 minutes which is second in the NBA.  A lot of his game is raw of course but if he can improve in certain areas  so he could stay on the floor he could easily be one of the best shot blockers in the NBA.  In fact he already is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes.

In Response to Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes.:
    Not really much else to say just pointing it out. He blocks 5.44 shots per 48 minutes which is second in the NBA.  A lot of his game is raw of course but if he can improve in certain areas  so he could stay on the floor he could easily be one of the best shot blockers in the NBA.  In fact he already is.
    Posted by snakeoil123

Very interesting.  I really like him and we are lucky to have someone who is at least contributing at the center position.  He could turn out to be a much better player with more playing time. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I sure hope we hang onto him......rebounding and blocks....and a nice shooter....Doc, please refine his game so that he can play 30 minutes each night...Danny please....do not trade him...!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes.:
    I sure hope we hang onto him......rebounding and blocks....and a nice shooter....Doc, please refine his game so that he can play 30 minutes each night...Danny please....do not trade him...!!!
    Posted by Duke4

Steimsma is the type of player even if we get a center through free agency or drafting he is a unique player who will only enhance the building of the future Celtics.  Sign him DA, let him know he has a future here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

What is really amazing, is that he was in the D league last year.. I think..Goes to show, that given enough time, experience, and good coaching/ mentor, there are some players worth taking a flyer on..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In Response to Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes. : Steimsma is the type of player even if we get a center through free agency or drafting he is a unique player who will only enhance the building of the future Celtics.  Sign him DA, let him know he has a future here.
    Posted by concord27

I really like Stiemsma. For example: In the game against Indiana he played 26 minutes with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks. Translate that into 39 minutes he would have had 15 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 7.5 blocks. Plus he is a good passer and a rookie. Please tell me which centers that play 39 minutes or so that compare to those numbers. I am just curious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

30 mins a night from the Steamer? no way

He is what he is and is already like 25-26, even if we can expect slight improvement he is a 12-16 minute a game backup whose defense and shot-blocking are great assests in those short mins but whose game is overall limited to that role.

I agree he is part of our future for sure. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes. : I really like Stiemsma. For example: In the game against Indiana he played 26 minutes with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 5 blocks. Translate that into 39 minutes he would have had 15 points, 13.5 rebounds, and 7.5 blocks. Plus he is a good passer and a rookie. Please tell me which centers that play 39 minutes or so that compare to those numbers. I am just curious.
    Posted by celticsince1958

You are missing my point,  I am saying Steimsma is a complementary player to have around.  I do not know if he is a starting center but he is a valuable player to have around and he should be signed.  Look at OKC they have several big men with different roles. This is how you build a team and Steimsma is one of them. If by chance he blossoms into a starter that would be great..

Hibbert would be a good player for Celtics to sign in free agency if you are asking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes. : You are missing my point,  I am saying Steimsma is a complementary player to have around.  I do not know if he is a starting center but he is a valuable player to have around and he should be signed.  Look at OKC they have several big men with different roles. This is how you build a team and Steimsma is one of them. If by chance he blossoms into a starter that would be great.. Hibbert would be a good player for Celtics to sign in free agency if you are asking.
    Posted by concord27

I don't see him as a starter, but he is going to be in the NBA for 10 years working hard and blocking shots.  Might as well be for us.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes. : You are missing my point,  I am saying Steimsma is a complementary player to have around.  I do not know if he is a starting center but he is a valuable player to have around and he should be signed.  Look at OKC they have several big men with different roles. This is how you build a team and Steimsma is one of them. If by chance he blossoms into a starter that would be great.. Hibbert would be a good player for Celtics to sign in free agency if you are asking.
    Posted by concord27

Many Celtics fans want to see Hibbert signed next season.  He would be a great addition to this team. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

30 mins a night from the Steamer? no way He is what he is and is already like 25-26, even if we can expect slight improvement he is a 12-16 minute a game backup whose defense and shot-blocking are great assests in those short mins but whose game is overall limited to that role. I agree he is part of our future for sure. 
    Posted by rameakap

There aren't very many players out of college, or the d league that can play 30 minutes of pace bb. Steamer is getting pretty tired after 25 minutes as it takes at least 2-3 years to develop the stamina to play at the NBA level for more than that.  Add this to the fact that he is recieving many phantom calls as a rookie (or whatever) from some brain dead refs which makes him a liability at the end of the game ...=More opponent freebies!

I am surprised at how far he has come. His superb blocking ability and rebounding timing along with his great presence on the court in general are really sensational. Eventually 30-35 minutes at a high level..yes.

Oh did I mention that GS is seldom credited with his real bs,steals,tips or scoring. Always lower as I observe!  ???

FYI guys I, am recording the game to watch later tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

His game today against the 76ers is a sight to behold. His blocking is excellent if he can improve his boxing-out ability he will be a reliable back-up/starting center for the CELTICS.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

he has shown decent touch on mid range shots at times in addition to the blocks, needs to ramp up to consistency on his whole game though- if he could show up every game and hit the mid range, rebound somewhat voraciously and get his blocks then we'd really have something.  i think in time he will do it just fine- but we could really use him to gain that consistency now! 

he seems to have put on weight in the upper body since the beginning of the year.  he's a good something for nothing really and we ought to hold onto him.  you don't get many guys coming FROM the d-league to the nba who pan out.

the only regret that i have is that doc's discernment on who would be left standing as a big on this team by season's end was DEAD wrong and steamer didn't get the PRECIOUS floor time and consistent floor time he needed from the first moment of the season.  every minute counts.  since ownership and ainge didn't show up with much of anything at the 5 this year, steamer development should have been absolute top priority.  wish we still had clifford ray 

instead we spent a lot of time trying to run jermaine 25 minutes a night and filling KG at the rest of the 5 minutes early on, steamer with a bunch of DNP CD's and no consistent role.  really not what should have been done.  first priority should have been to develop the guy with good shot blocking potential (NBDL defensive player of the year) and a healthy body, try to keep jerlame loose at 10-15 mins a game and hope he can make it to the playoffs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What is really amazing, is that he was in the D league last year.. I think..Goes to show, that given enough time, experience, and good coaching/ mentor, there are some players worth taking a flyer on..
    Posted by Ortiz123

well, he was defensive player of the year in D league last year- i know D league is not a bastion of defensive play, but he was known for what he does now, it's why we signed him.

in 28 minutes last year in the NBDL, he averaged 8.8 pts, 7.1 rebs and 3.6 blocks with 54% FG and 84% FT%.

if he can do those same numbers in the NBA in 28 minutes, he'll be just fine in this new nba where the centers are predominately mop up guys and not the featured mainstays of 20 years ago where you had to have a moses, olajuwon, parish or jabbar to win

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Steimsma second to Ibaka in blocks per 48 minutes. : Steimsma is the type of player even if we get a center through free agency or drafting he is a unique player who will only enhance the building of the future Celtics.  Sign him DA, let him know he has a future here.
    Posted by concord27

Stiemsma is a keeper and has a future in the NBA.  It may just be my gut feeling but I can't see Danny letting him go as good backup bigs are hard to find.

As Always,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Posted by concord27

Agreed.

As Always,

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If we keep playing well it will be time to start giving Ainge some credit for some of the junkyard finds. Steamer isn't Bill Russell but he is an asset for sure. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Agree with a lot of you on Steimsma.  He is a good guy to have around for the rotation at 5, and he'll likely get better.  Also agree that Hibbert would be a good pickup, but I'm a bit leery of drastically overpaying him given that he has  a brief body of work.  But Hibbert stands to be overpaid since he's in the tier below Deron Williams and Howard, two guys not coming to Boston any time soon.  

Is Hibbert an RFA or a FA, and can Indiana afford to pay him what the C's can?     

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Kirk,
    You're right on money.
    Poor guy can't come within a foot of an opponent without getting a foul.
    Overall he is a good backup center, hard worker and a good fit for Celtics.

AK

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by concord27

After Hibbert pretty much made what he wanted against Garnett, Steamer played him later on and stuffed one back iin his face.  Caught my attention.  The opposing guards sure look for him when they drive.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Posted by Duke4

yES FOLKS.Stiemer is another player discoverd by Danny,Pay attention Danny,s haters.

Sections
Shortcuts