Stephen A Smith: Doc, PP, KG to Clips for Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Stephen A Smith: Doc, PP, KG to Clips for Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe

I was listening to Stephen A Smith today talking about rumor mills regarding the Cs and Clips. A revisit of what did not happen at trade deadline this yr. But very interesting. Would you make the trade if available?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Stephen A Smith: Doc, PP, KG to Clips for Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe

They were talking about Doc being burnout now in Boston. Talk about Vinny getting canned in Clipper land. Interesting. The trade would not favor Clips. Not sure what other parts would be needed. We could toss in Terry too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In a NY minute!

But, you can't trade Doc!  He's under contract, and would have to quit.......but I get it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Clips would put Griffin in a deal?  I can't believe that!  I can see KG & PP for Jordan, Bledsoe and other filler/picks, but tell me why the Clips would trade Griffin? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

The Clips would put Griffin in a deal?  I can't believe that!  I can see KG & PP for Jordan, Bledsoe and other filler/picks, but tell me why the Clips would trade Griffin? 

They wouldn't.  Your trade scenario is very good................but you have to remember that this is a guy (Stephen A)  who said it was a "no-brainer" last year that KG would sign with the lakers for the vet min.........................

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

That would be a joke of a trade for the Clips...

I can see how the C's would try to get rid of Doc under the guise of a blockbuster trade... but trade is bad one for Clips, esp if they get DOc

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I believe there were talks of KG, who wouldn't waive his no-trade, for DeAndre Jordan & Bledsoe, and I think PP too but if they threw in J. Crawford & the older Odom & Billips, it may have worked out for both. As Fierce said, in a heartbeat, KG & PP for Griffin, Jordan & Bledsoe, but why are they to give up Griffin. Someone said to toss in Terry and I'd do it too even with a draft choice for the 3 aforementioned players. KG & PP retire together in So. Cal & enjoy beating up on the Lakers & maybe get another ring. Then with these 3 guys & go after Redick, we keep Rondo, Sully, Bradley & Melo, whom we hope develops.

I'll tell you whom I'd give up KG & PP for, maybe involve Rondo too and they'd toss in Bogut, and they could be on the west coast too, only north, Steph Curry( best scoring PG in the game) & Dave Lee( reminds me of Dave Cowens) but there would probably be riots in SF.

When is Thibodeaux available to be obtained...he is a better coach than Doc and has done wonders with the Bulls w/o Rose and now Deng & Hinrick vs. Heat.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The only way this goes down would be:

1. Trade KG for DeAndre Jordan & Eric Bledsoe & maybe one side throws in a late pick or we throw in T. Williams

2. Paul Pierce gets bought out with the understanding that he will sign a 1 year, cap friendly deal with the Clippers (maybe with a player option for year 4) something around 4-5M (remember he is getting paid 5M already from the buyout).

3. ...

4.  profit?

Doc: Doubt he leaves the Celtics for another team, even if it to continue to coach KG & PP. Doc would want to either finish out his contract & coach Olympics or retire to take a two year break, coach Olympics in 16, then get another coaching job.

Celtics: Rondo, Bradley, Bledsoe, Avery, Williams, Terry, Lee, Crawford, Green, Bass, Sullinger, Randolph, Jordan, Melo.

That is a young, high potential, low expectation team. Danny would certainly be in a position where he could trade some of our SG's for additional young assets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

1. Trade KG for DeAndre Jordan & Eric Bledsoe & maybe one side throws in a late pick or we throw in T. Williams

2. Paul Pierce gets bought out with the understanding that he will sign a 1 year, cap friendly deal with the Clippers (maybe with a player option for year 4) something around 4-5M (remember he is getting paid 5M already from the buyout).

3. ...

4.  profit?

Doc: Doubt he leaves the Celtics for another team, even if it to continue to coach KG & PP. Doc would want to either finish out his contract & coach Olympics or retire to take a two year break, coach Olympics in 16, then get another coaching job.

Celtics: Rondo, Bradley, Bledsoe, Avery, Williams, Terry, Lee, Crawford, Green, Bass, Sullinger, Randolph, Jordan, Melo.

That is a young, high potential, low expectation team. Danny would certainly be in a position where he could trade some of our SG's for additional young assets.

Rondo would have to be traded ......he won't want to rebuild!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Also, we would have space to sign additional free agents, not the kind of space required for a max contract, but we would have options.

Certainly Danny & co could take a real assessment of Jordan and Bledsoe so see if they're worth building around. If not, they are valued assets and certainly could be dealt in a deal to get someone else. 

I personally like the strategy of ascertaining as many assets as possible to get into a postion where we could trade for K.Love before he hits free agency in 2015.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Kevin Love would be nice but if we're still stuck in Docs system of ignoring the offensive boards...then we're diluting alot of what Love brings to the table

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

3. ...

4.  profit?

On Rondo,

He won't be traded this summer. He will certainly benefit from low expectations of the team, during his recovery period. Everyone is assuming Rondo will bounce right back, and I am on that boat, but it will be nice for him to return in a pressure-less environment.

Say he gets back to 100% (meaning mulitple triple-double nights) before the trade deadline... his value will be quite high, and then Danny can look to trade him.

However, Rondo is a key piece to a championship team. What we need to do is get in a position in two years where we have built a team around Rondo that can contend. Otherwise, he will want to look elsewhere.

Right now Rondo & Green & Bass are entering their primes. Avery is going to keep getting better. Sullinger will continue to get better. Melo may be able to play in the NBA one day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Kevin Love would be nice but if we're still stuck in Docs system of ignoring the offensive boards...then we're diluting alot of what Love brings to the table

See, this I think is a HUGE misconception.

DOC IS NOT MIKE D'ANTONI. Doc does not know only 'one way' to play & coach basketball. Our currenty system was built around the fact that we had three super-star caliber players (KG, RA, PP).

Doc is the dynamic type of coach who could redesign the system. Surely certain themes would persist, such as defense. But I don't Doc ignoring rebounding when the best rebounder in the league is on your team.

You underestimate doc, and that is not wise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

3. ...

4.  profit?

On Rondo,

He won't be traded this summer. He will certainly benefit from low expectations of the team, during his recovery period. Everyone is assuming Rondo will bounce right back, and I am on that boat, but it will be nice for him to return in a pressure-less environment.

Say he gets back to 100% (meaning mulitple triple-double nights) before the trade deadline... his value will be quite high, and then Danny can look to trade him.

However, Rondo is a key piece to a championship team. What we need to do is get in a position in two years where we have built a team around Rondo that can contend. Otherwise, he will want to look elsewhere.

Right now Rondo & Green & Bass are entering their primes. Avery is going to keep getting better. Sullinger will continue to get better. Melo may be able to play in the NBA one day.

So, he needs to be traded - that's what I said!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

On Rondo,

[/QUOTE]

Did you read the second part of what I said? You can be a Rondo-hater if you want, but I will remain firmly in the camp that he is on the upper half of the top 5 pgs in the league.

I think you need an elite PG to contend, if you do not have a super-elite like a Lebron, Durant or what used to be (Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Shaq).

We can built a contending team around Rondo & Green & Sullinger & Bradley. We just need another scorer, and an anchor. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Let's see...

KG for DeAndre Jordan.

Pierce for Bledsoe.

Doc Rivers for Blake Griffin?

Does it include Blake's Kia Optima?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Blake commercials were some of the best NBA commercials this season.  Don't know where they got all of these younger Blake's who looked very much like him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Nobody actually believes this,  do they?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Nobody actually believes this,  do they?

No ... obvi you can't trade coaches and there is no way Blake is part of a deal.

More realistic to trade KG for Jordan & Bledsoe. Buy out PP. He signs with Clippers for 1 year deal. Doc stays and rebuilds as he has committed to do in the past.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Doc's not going anywhere and I think Stephen A. may just be spitballing but what's interesting is that he thinks this will happen sooner than later.

Hope something happens though because just don't think you can win with a small, hodge-podge, and inconsistent nucleaus of RR, Green, Sully, and Bradley.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

On Rondo,

Did you read the second part of what I said? You can be a Rondo-hater if you want, but I will remain firmly in the camp that he is on the upper half of the top 5 pgs in the league.

I think you need an elite PG to contend, if you do not have a super-elite like a Lebron, Durant or what used to be (Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Shaq).

We can built a contending team around Rondo & Green & Sullinger & Bradley. We just need another scorer, and an anchor. 

[/QUOTE]

Not a Rondo "hater" at all...huge Rondo fan.  BUT, I maintain, he would need to be traded if KG, PP and Doc all leave.  He is a great bargaining chip to get us a scorer.

The "upper half of the top 5?"  that means you think Rondo is #2 or #3??  Sorry, but no.

Sections
Shortcuts