Stephen A Smith: Doc, PP, KG to Clips for Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Stephen A Smith: Doc, PP, KG to Clips for Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe

In response to Kirk6's comment:

The wackiest trade rumor ever.

fairly bold assumption that clips want to dispatch with griffin.  frankly i'm not a big griffin fan.  he's okay.  but his all around game is developing at a snail's pace.  if i'm not mistaken his rebounding numbers are already waning and he's 23 or 24.  and every playoffs they back off griffin and let him die shooting J's.  and every playoffs, deandre does not do as well as the regular season.  no 38% shooting big guy does

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The actual report has KG and PP going to the Clips for Griffin, Bledsoe and Caron Butler.  Doc would probably leave to coach there.  That's a good deal BOTH WAYS!

That doesn't sound like that bad of a deal for either side.  It's quite obvious that the Clips realize they might not be going anywhere being led by Griffin.  They may be sending a message to CP3 that Griffin is gone considering the issues reported between CP3 and Griffin.  The Clips probably value CP3 more than they do Griffin and if they can make a move to keep CP3, they might do that.  They play their backups a lot of minutes anyway which is perfect for PP and KG at this stage of their careers.  And for the Clips, all without losing much with their vaunted 2nd unit.

Honestly, the Clips have so much more around them than do the Celtics to make this work.  DeAndre Jordan remains at center and KG can play the 4 or back up Jordan (and mentor him too).  The Clips have a solid backup SF to PP in Barnes and Lamar Odom can provide punch behind KG.  I can also see them going late in games to KG and Odom with Pierce, Crawford and CP3.

This is not as far-fetched as it may sound.

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I'm Danny.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

The actual report has KG and PP going to the Clips for Griffin, Bledsoe and Caron Butler.  Doc would probably leave to coach there.  That's a good deal BOTH WAYS!

That doesn't sound like that bad of a deal for either side.  It's quite obvious that the Clips realize they might not be going anywhere being led by Griffin.  They may be sending a message to CP3 that Griffin is gone considering the issues reported between CP3 and Griffin.  The Clips probably value CP3 more than they do Griffin and if they can make a move to keep CP3, they might do that.  They play their backups a lot of minutes anyway which is perfect for PP and KG at this stage of their careers.  And for the Clips, all without losing much with their vaunted 2nd unit.

Honestly, the Clips have so much more around them than do the Celtics to make this work.  DeAndre Jordan remains at center and KG can play the 4 or back up Jordan (and mentor him too).  The Clips have a solid backup SF to PP in Barnes and Lamar Odom can provide punch behind KG.  I can also see them going late in games to KG and Odom with Pierce, Crawford and CP3.

Agree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I'd do it because there is not enough talent on the current roster to get out of the east and because DA needs to acquire assets.  Also because I'd like to see KG and PP have a shot at another title.  I don't see it happening, but I for one could stomach a trade like that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

On Rondo,

He won't be traded this summer. He will certainly benefit from low expectations of the team, during his recovery period. Everyone is assuming Rondo will bounce right back, and I am on that boat, but it will be nice for him to return in a pressure-less environment.

Say he gets back to 100% (meaning mulitple triple-double nights) before the trade deadline... his value will be quite high, and then Danny can look to trade him.

However, Rondo is a key piece to a championship team. What we need to do is get in a position in two years where we have built a team around Rondo that can contend. Otherwise, he will want to look elsewhere.

Right now Rondo & Green & Bass are entering their primes. Avery is going to keep getting better. Sullinger will continue to get better. Melo may be able to play in the NBA one day.

So, he needs to be traded - that's what I said!!

Did you read the second part of what I said? You can be a Rondo-hater if you want, but I will remain firmly in the camp that he is on the upper half of the top 5 pgs in the league.

I think you need an elite PG to contend, if you do not have a super-elite like a Lebron, Durant or what used to be (Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Shaq).

We can built a contending team around Rondo & Green & Sullinger & Bradley. We just need another scorer, and an anchor. 

Not a Rondo "hater" at all...huge Rondo fan.  BUT, I maintain, he would need to be traded if KG, PP and Doc all leave.  He is a great bargaining chip to get us a scorer.

The "upper half of the top 5?"  that means you think Rondo is #2 or #3??  Sorry, but no.

[/QUOTE]

Paul

Westbrook

Rondo

Parker

Rose

Irving

Curry

Conley

Lawson

Rubio

Vasquez

Lillard

D Williams

... who else is even possibly in contention?

It tough to say with all the injuries that occur. If Rondo returns from his injury better than before, he certainly has the potential of being anywhere from 2-10 on that list. Also depends on how Westbrook & Rose come back, how Irving, Rubio and Lillard develop ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

On Rondo,

He won't be traded this summer. He will certainly benefit from low expectations of the team, during his recovery period. Everyone is assuming Rondo will bounce right back, and I am on that boat, but it will be nice for him to return in a pressure-less environment.

Say he gets back to 100% (meaning mulitple triple-double nights) before the trade deadline... his value will be quite high, and then Danny can look to trade him.

However, Rondo is a key piece to a championship team. What we need to do is get in a position in two years where we have built a team around Rondo that can contend. Otherwise, he will want to look elsewhere.

Right now Rondo & Green & Bass are entering their primes. Avery is going to keep getting better. Sullinger will continue to get better. Melo may be able to play in the NBA one day.

So, he needs to be traded - that's what I said!!

Did you read the second part of what I said? You can be a Rondo-hater if you want, but I will remain firmly in the camp that he is on the upper half of the top 5 pgs in the league.

I think you need an elite PG to contend, if you do not have a super-elite like a Lebron, Durant or what used to be (Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, Shaq).

We can built a contending team around Rondo & Green & Sullinger & Bradley. We just need another scorer, and an anchor. 

Not a Rondo "hater" at all...huge Rondo fan.  BUT, I maintain, he would need to be traded if KG, PP and Doc all leave.  He is a great bargaining chip to get us a scorer.

The "upper half of the top 5?"  that means you think Rondo is #2 or #3??  Sorry, but no.

Paul

Westbrook

Rondo

Parker

Rose

Irving

Curry

Conley

Lawson

Rubio

Vasquez

Lillard

D Williams

... who else is even possibly in contention?

It tough to say with all the injuries that occur. If Rondo returns from his injury better than before, he certainly has the potential of being anywhere from 2-10 on that list. Also depends on how Westbrook & Rose come back, how Irving, Rubio and Lillard develop ...

[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion, just disagree with it.   And I also disagree you need an "elite" PG to win the championship.................just ask the Heat, Mavs and lakers - the last 4 title holders.

I would love Rondo with Griffin and Jordan, just for the record, but he is STILL our most tradeable piece in this scenario!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

That this "trade" is thought of for more than one milisecond proves, how much Griffin has recreased/disapointed since his rookie year.

Lets put the "Doc" as a part of the deal aside. With this trade the 2013 LAC would be basically the 2010 Celtcis which lost in the finals against the Lakers. Better at PG, but PP and KG are older, Ray isn't there and Jordan is a more athletic less D minded version of Perkins. Odom is the taller but over the hill version of Big Baby. Is this team a contender? Not with a 38 year old KG and a 36 year old PP IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Clears up one thing; just what the A stands for. What an adiot; like Clippers give us the league's best power forward for KG and Paul.

On another note; great to see Donkey (ie, Nate Robinson) doing well for the Bulls. Hope he goes wild tonight. Go Bulls!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

The Clips would put Griffin in a deal?  I can't believe that!  I can see KG & PP for Jordan, Bledsoe and other filler/picks, but tell me why the Clips would trade Griffin? 

They wouldn't.  Your trade scenario is very good................but you have to remember that this is a guy (Stephen A)  who said it was a "no-brainer" last year that KG would sign with the lakers for the vet min.........................

He is a "no- brainer".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Let's see...

KG for DeAndre Jordan.

Pierce for Bledsoe.

Doc Rivers for Blake Griffin?

Does it include Blake's Kia Optima?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it inlcudes Doc's son too. . . . . . . . .

Sections
Shortcuts