Stephen A. Smith reports Sheed going to C's after the break!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Stephen A. Smith reports Sheed going to C's after the break!

Someone is being moved. There is no way to even get playoff minutes for Shaq, Perk, JON, BBD, Erden and Sheed.

As long as Sheed is in shape I like him backing up KG over BBD. (some of you already knew that anyway). He's bigger, rebounds better, better interior defense and better range. He'll be fresher than last year.

Doc said that BBDs minutes need to come down from 38. I'm telling you guys this is the audition period for teams to take a look at BBD.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Even if this is true, it really doesn't help the C's that much.  It's another aging former-star who's going to get beat bigtime on the boards and whose only game resides in his 3 pt shot and the occasional give and go assist.

He's going to get a ton of tech. fouls.  He's going to set a ton of moving screens. He's going to take 30 foot shots with wildly unpredictable rebounds.  And for a team that cannot rebound as it is, this isn't good.  I know, I know:  Sheed has a legit 3 pt shot.  So do Allen and Pierce.  Why are the C's interested in a player that takes their offense further from the basket?  They need a big man who can bang down low, esp. on the offensive boards.

I appreciate that he's got experience, but this seems to be a knee-jerk reaction.  How is Sheed going to help against players who are 15 years younger and can still jump?  I'm not trying to be negative...just scratching my head over this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I have to admit that Sheed played a hell of a game #7. He was ready and up for the challenge. He kept us in that game when KG was gassed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Re: Stephen A. Smith reports Sheed going to C's after the break!:
    I have to admit that Sheed played a hell of a game #7. He was ready and up for the challenge. He kept us in that game when KG was gassed.
    Posted by BiasLewis

This is true...nice memory, Bias.  Spot on.

I tend to bury stuff like that and try to forget about it.  1986 Sox, last year's Celtics...Bruins...Pats against the Giants.

I have no memory of those events.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The question is, who will the Celtics let go?

Even if Bradley is sent to the D-League the Celtics still have 15 players under contract. You have to release one so that you can sign another one. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think it was last July that Pierce mentioned that Sheed should get healthy and come back in February. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

no way i'd move BBD to make room for sheed. BBD plays with heart. he may be undersized on the boards, but he plays with heart and can FINISH. that's what we need, not sheed launching ill advised 3s and fouling left and right. i think some of you saw sheed's performance in game 7 thru green colored glasses. it was alright, not stellar, and the best he was able to give us all of last year. it was the last gasp of an aging player. i don't see how bringing him back helps us at all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Stephen A. Smith reports Sheed going to C's after the break!:
    no way i'd move BBD to make room for sheed. BBD plays with heart. he may be undersized on the boards, but he plays with heart and can FINISH. that's what we need, not sheed launching ill advised 3s and fouling left and right. i think some of you saw sheed's performance in game 7 thru green colored glasses. it was alright, not stellar, and the best he was able to give us all of last year. it was the last gasp of an aging player. i don't see how bringing him back helps us at all.
    Posted by kaktug

I agree with sheed's performance in last years' playoffs. It was OK, not more than that; I can't believe you guys making more of it than it really was.
    In shape? rebounding? Surely no phrases to be associated with sheed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sheed wasn't the reason we lost game #7. He didn't hinder the C's in the playoffs and even though he only needed 1 more tech to be tossed for a game.

I don't understand the hate for Sheed. When it comes down to one playoff game I'd take Sheed and Shaq over Jon & BBD anyday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Would love to see this.  The C's are gonna need all the big bodies they can get. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

The Celtics will waive Von Wafter to make room for Rasheed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Sheed is better than JON.  If Sheed comes back it will be a plus.   He can still play.  Now if he just throws up threes at 30 per cent we will have problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from samopp13. Show samopp13's posts

The Celtic don't Sheed. He won't get inside and rebound.  They need a big man that can rebound offensively and defensively.  Look at the big men they have now.  The only one that will rebound inside is Garnett.  Both O'Neils and Davis can't or won't rebound every night.  It a shame to see 6'-11' / 7' guys with 2 to 3 rebounds a game.  If the Celtic are going all the way this year, they need to trade for a guy who will get inside and rebound and play defense not shoot 3

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Sheed is a "snake oil"
    Snake shed skin.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

He would help. I think most people were surprised at how hard he battled down the stretch. Who do you cut to get him though?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

trade bradley for a draft pick; if bradley gets cut they can pick him back up. idk its happened before in other sports.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Would love to see this.  The C's are gonna need all the big bodies they can get. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Take your pick...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I like Sheed coming back..

Yea, he was horse**** during the reg season but showed hes capable player in the playoffs.

He has a legit low post game, played tough defense in the playoffs...real tough. I dont see any problem letting Semi go, he needs surgery anyway and hardly plays as it is. AB is a non-event. He shouldnt be on an NBA team yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Sheed coming back should help. We need a capable backup to Garnett and Sheed can be that guy. Big Baby has done well, but his size does pose a problem against 6'9 or above forwards. Baby was really flourishing as a 6th man, i think he is better suited for that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Stephen A. Smith reports Sheed going to C's after the break! : Take your pick...
    Posted by beavis

Wouldn't mind either of those two when the pic was taken....way back when, when they were good and in shape.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He would help. I think most people were surprised at how hard he battled down the stretch. Who do you cut to get him though?
    Posted by existentialparquet

I agree that he could be a great help to the Celtics and especially during the playoffs.  Also agree that it depends on who is cut from the current Celtics team.   Not sure who it would be. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Someone is being moved. There is no way to even get playoff minutes for Shaq, Perk, JON, BBD, Erden and Sheed. As long as Sheed is in shape I like him backing up KG over BBD. (some of you already knew that anyway). He's bigger, rebounds better, better interior defense and better range. He'll be fresher than last year. Doc said that BBDs minutes need to come down from 38. I'm telling you guys this is the audition period for teams to take a look at BBD.
    Posted by BiasLewis

yes, sheed did fantastic last regular season draining the long ball, hustling and playing zero defense.  he gave away the leads that the starters got on a debilitatingly nightly basis.  but since you say he did great, we'll go with that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Sheed was very out of shape, lazy and inconsistent in the regular season.  We should all remember that.  But, he was exactly as advertised when the playoffs started.  He was there for us and played well throughout the playoffs.  Gave good minutes and had his back not gave out, we might have won game 7 of the last series.  We won't rewrite history saying he was valuable in the regular season (well, sometimes he was but often he wasn't).   But likewise, don't rewrite the playoff history and pretend he didn't do a great job in the playoffs with D, rebounds, and low post offense.

If only he'd bring that playoff energy to all the regular season games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

Yay, another big who can't rebound.

Does anyone yet realize that a mediocre player who plays his position is better than an above average one who doesn't ? 

I.e.  it's great that Baby can shoot but I'd rather have a tall defensive rebounder. There's plenty of guards and SF's on this team that can take the shots.     Samething at PG.. it's great that Nate thinks he can shoot but all the team needs is a PG who plays D and distributes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoBoston. Show GregoBoston's posts

Trade Jermaine O'Neal for a back-up SF that could guard Lebron!  Someone like Nocioni.

Sections
Shortcuts