Stephen A Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Stephen A Smith

When did this bozo become some a expert on Celtic inside knowlege?  He acts like he knows everything  aout what the C's are doing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Stephen A Smith

I listen to him every night.  The other guys call him "Screamin" A Smith.  I used to think he was on point a lot of times.  Then he said this, "If I'm the Los Angeles Lakers, and I want to trade Gasol for Rondo, I'm askin' for Ray Allen, too."

He lost all credibility with me then!!!  We would NEVER do that!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith:
    [QUOTE]I listen to him every night.  The other guys call him "Screamin" A Smith.  I used to think he was on point a lot of times.  Then he said this, "If I'm the Los Angeles Lakers, and I want to trade Gasol for Rondo, I'm askin' for Ray Allen, too." He lost all credibility with me then!!!  We would NEVER do that!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Why not ask....doesnt mean you get it but you gotta ask.... and maybe its Gasol and someone else for those two ....right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

He is a PUTZ. hIS MOUTH IS BIGGER THAN HIS EGO. He likes to hear himself talk. He is a legend in his own mind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Why not ask....doesnt mean you get it but you gotta ask.... and maybe its Gasol and someone else for those two ....right?
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    Would YOU do that if you were Danny?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Would YOU do that if you were Danny?

Heck no I would do it if I'm Danny, but I certainly ask if I'm the Lakers GM.  My negotiation would start with "Rondo for Gasol is not enough".   Salaries don't work, either, by the way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Heck no I would do it if I'm Danny, but I certainly ask if I'm the Lakers GM.  My negotiation would start with "Rondo for Gasol is not enough".   Salaries don't work, either, by the way.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    And if I'm Danny, I say "Rondo for Bymum, or Rondo and JON for Gasol and a #1 or  no deal!!"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Heck no I would do it if I'm Danny, but I certainly ask if I'm the Lakers GM.  My negotiation would start with "Rondo for Gasol is not enough".   Salaries don't work, either, by the way.

EXACTLY!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Stephen A Smith:
    [QUOTE]When did this bozo become some a expert on Celtic inside knowlege?  He acts like he knows everything  aout what the C's are doing.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

hes an nba analyst and an nba insider..so he gets alot of inside information on alot of nba teams..similar to mort with the nfl..hes very credible so i usually believe what he says.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : And if I'm Danny, I say "Rondo for Bymum, or Rondo and JON for Gasol and a #1 or  no deal!!"

Which is why most deals don't get done despite what many fans might want or think.   Most GM's over value their players.  There's no way the Lakers take a non-shooting point guard who needs the ball to be effective and give up a big man (which is more rare - a big man who can dominate or a point guard????).   If you weren't a Celtic fan and you were objective, you wouldn't take the deal from the Lakers point of view but the Celtics actually win out.  

Rondo has arguably 10 peers (DWill, CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, Gordon, Curry, Wall, etc).  Heck, some say Jeremy Lin and some on this Board in BOSTON say take Bradley over Rondo.  Rondo can be replaced (although I do NOT want him traded).  But, you won't find but about 5 players in the league like Gasol.  I think Bynum is even more rare (powerful center who plays close to the basket).  Why would a team give up a rare center so they can go smaller with a point guard who can't shoot?   

Rondo works for the Celtics (or the Knicks or the Suns or Golden State or Dallas) but NOT for the Heat or the Lakers who have stars that always have the ball in their hands.  They need big players more than they need a non-shooting point guard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]He is a PUTZ. hIS MOUTH IS BIGGER THAN HIS EGO. He likes to hear himself talk. He is a legend in his own mind.
    Posted by bobbestgolf[/QUOTE]

Fierce???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Which is why most deals don't get done despite what many fans might want or think.   Most GM's over value their players.  There's no way the Lakers take a non-shooting point guard who needs the ball to be effective and give up a big man (which is more rare - a big man who can dominate or a point guard????).   If you weren't a Celtic fan and you were objective, you wouldn't take the deal from the Lakers point of view but the Celtics actually win out.   Rondo has arguably 10 peers (DWill, CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, Gordon, Curry, Wall, etc).  Heck, some say Jeremy Lin and some on this Board in BOSTON say take Bradley over Rondo.  Rondo can be replaced (although I do NOT want him traded).  But, you won't find but about 5 players in the league like Gasol.  I think Bynum is even more rare (powerful center who plays close to the basket).  Why would a team give up a rare center so they can go smaller with a point guard who can't shoot?    Rondo works for the Celtics (or the Knicks or the Suns or Golden State or Dallas) but NOT for the Heat or the Lakers who have stars that always have the ball in their hands.  They need big players more than they need a non-shooting point guard.
    Rondo is just 26 as of last week. Gasol will be 32 with a burdensome salary.  For that reason it is a fair deal.  Also the Lakers are in desperate need of a point guard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

[QUOTE] ...There's no way the Lakers take a non-shooting point guard who needs the ball to be effective and give up a big man... Rondo has arguably 10 peers...  Why would a team give up a rare center so they can go smaller with a point guard who can't shoot?    

Exactly. Danny has been shopping Rondo for 2 years and hasn't had a bite. He obviously does not have the value that we think.  No F'in way LA would even consider a straight up trade with Rondo for Gasol, unless we throw in a number 1 pick or another contributing player.  Imagine the back room laughter when Danny tried to move Rondo for CP3!!  Heck, Golden State even turned down a straight up Rondo for Curry trade.

I think Danny realizes that he will only be able to move Rondo if he is part of a much bigger multiplayer high value package.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Which is why most deals don't get done despite what many fans might want or think.   Most GM's over value their players.  There's no way the Lakers take a non-shooting point guard who needs the ball to be effective and give up a big man (which is more rare - a big man who can dominate or a point guard????).   If you weren't a Celtic fan and you were objective, you wouldn't take the deal from the Lakers point of view but the Celtics actually win out.   Rondo has arguably 10 peers (DWill, CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Rose, Gordon, Curry, Wall, etc).  Heck, some say Jeremy Lin and some on this Board in BOSTON say take Bradley over Rondo.  Rondo can be replaced (although I do NOT want him traded).  But, you won't find but about 5 players in the league like Gasol.  I think Bynum is even more rare (powerful center who plays close to the basket).  Why would a team give up a rare center so they can go smaller with a point guard who can't shoot?    Rondo works for the Celtics (or the Knicks or the Suns or Golden State or Dallas) but NOT for the Heat or the Lakers who have stars that always have the ball in their hands.  They need big players more than they need a non-shooting point guard.

i agree with most of wat you said, however i dont think all those players you named do the same things rondo does, therefore replacing him isnt as easy. 

the reason why alot of people value rondo as a top 3-4 point guard is bc of what he does ACROSS THE BOARD. He is a floor general, elite passer, driver to the basket. elite rebounder at his position. elite defender at his position. the only players that do all of those things are CP3 and DWill. Rose and Westbrook are elite scoring pg's, better than Rondo at it no argument.Westbrook also an elite rebounder. but as complete pg's it gets more complicated. for instance, i find Tony Parker a more complete pg than Westbrook. 

as you said, alot of teams (Lakers, Heat) dont need complete pg's bc they have players on the team that demand and control the basketball. so for the Lakers, it makes no sense to give up a big man for a player like rondo, they are more suited for a player like Westbrook or Rose, SCORING pg's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : [QUOTE] ...There's no way the Lakers take a non-shooting point guard who needs the ball to be effective and give up a big man... Rondo has arguably 10 peers...  Why would a team give up a rare center so they can go smaller with a point guard who can't shoot?     Exactly. Danny has been shopping Rondo for 2 years and hasn't had a bite. He obviously does not have the value that we think.  No F'in way LA would even consider a straight up trade with Rondo for Gasol, unless we throw in a number 1 pick or another contributing player.  Imagine the back room laughter when Danny tried to move Rondo for CP3!!  Heck, Golden State even turned down a straight up Rondo for Curry trade. I think Danny realizes that he will only be able to move Rondo if he is part of a much bigger multiplayer high value package.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

how do you know this? all danny has said over and over is that he has listened to offers. if he didnt listen he wouldnt be doing his job. but he said he has nvr once picked up the phone to offer Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Fierce???
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Rondo is just 26 as of last week. Gasol will be 32 with a burdensome salary.  For that reason it is a fair deal.  Also the Lakers are in desperate need of a point guard.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

And just so its clear, the Lakers want a point guard with quickness something that Fisher has lacked for several years now.  They dont need their point guard to be a scorer... they have Kobe Bynum and Gasol for that....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : i agree with most of wat you said, however i dont think all those players you named do the same things rondo does, therefore replacing him isnt as easy.  the reason why alot of people value rondo as a top 3-4 point guard is bc of what he does ACROSS THE BOARD. He is a floor general, elite passer, driver to the basket. elite rebounder at his position. elite defender at his position. the only players that do all of those things are CP3 and DWill. Rose and Westbrook are elite scoring pg's, better than Rondo at it no argument.Westbrook also an elite rebounder. but as complete pg's it gets more complicated. for instance, i find Tony Parker a more complete pg than Westbrook.  as you said, alot of teams (Lakers, Heat) dont need complete pg's bc they have players on the team that demand and control the basketball. so for the Lakers, it makes no sense to give up a big man for a player like rondo, they are more suited for a player like Westbrook or Rose, SCORING pg's.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

We agree.  I was explaining to Red why, from the Lakers perspective, Rondo is not so valuable to them and the other point guards are just as valuable.  To a different team (a team that has a lot of shooters) a pass first point guard is more valuable.  Rondo can do things other PG's can't do and that's why I like him.   But to the Lakers, I was saying he's not as valuable and that's why they'll negotiate harder.   

I'm in agreement with your point, for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Rondo is just 26 as of last week. Gasol will be 32 with a burdensome salary.  For that reason it is a fair deal.  Also the Lakers are in desperate need of a point guard.

I see your point of view.....I just disagree.  I don't think the Lakers are so desperate as to need a 26 year old who can't shoot jumpers and is not good without the ball.  We can win with a PG who doesn't shoot.  I think the Lakers need a shooter because Kobe draws more double teams than most other guards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Everyone has missed my point.  Of course Kupkake should ask for Ray Allen.  Of course Danny should ask for Bynum.  My point is - and NONE of you heard him say it, apparently.........WHO THE H.....IS HE???  He is not a GM of either team.  He is a journalist and fan of the lakers.  That is so lopsided in favor of the lakers it's not even funny.  In my opinion, it is NOT his job to do that.  His job, in my opinion, is to report on news and rumors.  The WAY he said it on the air made it seem like Mitch should do it because HE said so.  It was really insulting to hear.  I heard it, and I almost called up the station.  It's irresponsible journalism to say the cr.. on the air unless he has CERTAIN knowledge it is about to go down.  I would have  been offended if I was a lakers fan!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Stephen A Smith : hes an nba analyst and an nba insider..so he gets alot of inside information on alot of nba teams..similar to mort with the nfl..hes very credible so i usually believe what he says.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Does he get paid for the bunch of B.S. he throws at us fans? he is pathetic.Always claims that his sources said so and so.What a moron.Big ego,big mouth for sure.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : Does he get paid for the bunch of B.S. he throws at us fans? he is pathetic.Always claims that his sources said so and so.What a moron.Big ego,big mouth for sure.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

alot of the stuff he says is true, he has sources inside organizations, not sure why your so angry with him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rob parker and stephen a smith add little to nothing to espn.....parker is an idiot and smith is a chest pumping fraud.....at least he has some info to back up his opinions though

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : I see your point of view.....I just disagree.  I don't think the Lakers are so desperate as to need a 26 year old who can't shoot jumpers and is not good without the ball.  We can win with a PG who doesn't shoot.  I think the Lakers need a shooter because Kobe draws more double teams than most other guards.
    I see your point as well.  I think Kobe would have a field day with a Rondo who could throw pin point passes and send him on pick and rolls.  The thought of Rondo becoming a great Laker would make me sick though. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stephen A Smith : I see your point as well.  I think Kobe would have a field day with a Rondo who could throw pin point passes and send him on pick and rolls.  The thought of Rondo becoming a great Laker would make me sick though. 

Agree with you.  I would never want any of the current Celtics players traded to the Lakers.