Stephenson Signs With Hornets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Stephenson Signs With Hornets

Sam Amick ✔ @sam_amick
    Lance Stephenson will sign a 3-year, $27 million deal with Charlotte, I can confirm. Third year team option. @rick_bonnell first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Re: Stephenson Signs With Hornets

That's only $200K/yr more than Indy offered him.

He must have needed a change in scenery.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Good deal for Charlotte. IMO Lance will be as good or better than Hayward who got much more. Lance is more of a knucklehead though, so there may be some risk involved there.

Looking at the Hornets roster now it's hard to tell which direction they are going in.  They have some win-now type pieces in Lance, Big Al, Henderson, Kemba, and Marvin Wiliams, but then they are also loaded with young prospects that aren't really going to help them win this season.  Guys like MKG, Vonleh, Biyombo, CDR, and Hairston are all guys that have more growing to do in the NBA. 

They seem like they could be a good trading partner. Adding Vets that have playoff experience like Bass and Green could really help them in the east.  Too bad they already have and are invested in Kemba Walker or it might have been a good landing spot for Rondo.

But something like Biyombo, MKG, Hairston, and Gary Neil for Bass and Green (+probably a future 2nd as sweetener)  Could help both teams moving forward.

Charlotte - Walker, Stevenson, JGreen, Bass, Big Al.      Bench - Ridnour, Pargo, CDR, Henderson, MWilliams, Vonleh, C. Zeller

If they really wanted to upgrade their roster they throw in Vonleh a bad contract and a pick and we throw in Rondo then Kemba becomes the sixth man of the year. A core of Rondo, Lance, Big Al and Green with Kemba, Henderson and Williams off the bench would be a serious playoff team in the east. But I admit, that will never happen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

And suddenly the Pacers are in desperate need of a SG.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

They got desperate and put the character issues on the back burner in the name of playoffs;

It is not the Hornets’ habit to take frequent risks on high-maintenance players. Trading for Stephen Jackson worked out for two seasons before they traded him on to the Milwaukee Bucks. Now they have drafted P.J. Hairston, a player who lost his NCAA eligibility over improper benefits and who recently was cited for punching a teenager during a pickup game at a Durham YMCA.

Hornets owner Michael Jordan has said one of his team’s greatest strengths last season was the character of the players on the roster. Did that embolden the front office to pursue Stepehenson? Is Stephenson now a threat to that chemistry?

Certainly the Hornets faced competitive pressure in the Eastern Conference. The Cleveland Cavaliers improved dramatically with the addition of James, so that’s a non-playoff team in the East that now looks like a post-season lock. While the Heat lost James, they weakened the Hornets with the signing of McRoberts.

It’s possible the Hornets would have struggled just to make the playoffs this season without upgrading the roster with a move like Stephenson

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/07/16/5046890/lance-stephenson-agrees-to-terms.html#storylink=cpy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

This allows Indy to go after Bledsoe or Dragic. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Isaiah Thomas, Jordan Hill, Kent Bazemore, and now Stephenson.

Every player that the Celts were allegedly interested in never came to fruition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What do they have to offer now that Stephenson is gone?

1st round pick?

George Hill?

Pacers have nothing to offer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think Bledsoe would be perfect for them. The guy does everything, and his fast break mentality works better with Paul George's style than Stephenson's game where he likes to slow it down and take guys of the dribble. That would be a nice upgrade for Indy and Bird.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

Indy is screwed.

They need a starting PG as Hill doesn't get it done and now a SG.

They may be forced to sign Turner now unless Minny is serious and beats them to the table while Ainge brings up the rear with his only option a trade of Thornton to Indy for a S&T of Turner.

Not so sure I'd swap Thornton for Turner ... He looked pretty good in Brooklyn last season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sign and trade Evan Turner and a #1 for Bledsoe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think Bledsoe would be perfect for them. The guy does everything, and his fast break mentality works better with Paul George's style than Stephenson's game where he likes to slow it down and take guys of the dribble. That would be a nice upgrade for Indy and Bird.

[/QUOTE]

Les, what does Indy have to trade ... Hibbert?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

If it's that easy to get Bledsoe, Danny needs to waive Bogans and some non-guaranteed now, S&T Turner himself with a pick or more and get him for us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a laughable offer.

Even the Celts can top that offer easy.

The Pacers' #1 is not enticing because the Pacers are a playoff team.

That means it's a late 1st rounder.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe desperate enough to take Bradley's super sized contract.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Point!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

There are always 3 team deals that can make it work. The Suns WILL be dumping one of their guards either Thomas, Bledsoe, Ennis or Dragic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's not possible because AB can't be traded immediately after signing a contract.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

More bad news to those who want to trade AB.

AB can't be traded until January 15 according to the ESPN Trade Machine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's not possible because AB can't be traded immediately after signing a contract.

[/QUOTE]

You are dense. I was being sarcastic, which you didn't realize because you take yourself way too serious. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

You are dense. I was being sarcastic, which you didn't realize because you take yourself way too serious. 

[/QUOTE]

My bad.

I didn't know you were being sarcastic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Les, what does Indy have to trade ... Hibbert?

[/QUOTE]

No, you are right. They would need a third team involved. Just IF they somehow got Bledsoe I think he would be a perfect addition for them. But it is just like the Rondo to Indy situation, they can't put together a decent upside-heavy package.  Their two best trade chips were Stephenson who is now gone, and Hibbert who is coming off a historically bad playoffs performance, and nobody seems to really want.

Charlotte could be a good facilitating team for them in terms of getting a Bledsoe, Dragic, or Rondo deal done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

More bad news to those who want to trade AB.

AB can't be traded until January 15 according to the ESPN Trade Machine.

[/QUOTE]

Here: 3 months or 1/15th whichever is later after re-signing a free agent with Larry Bird or Early Bird rights, if the team is over the cap, the player's new salary is above the minimum, and he receives a raise greater than 20%.

We all knew it was Dec and I did suspect it fell under the Jan rule but regardless, everyone is tradable sooner or later on this team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Avery Bradley is not going to be with the Celtics this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

wow. we paid AB 8AAV and Lance got 9.... I'm not a fan of Lance and his crap, but he's certainly better than AB

Sections
Shortcuts