Sterling Pulled Plug?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Sterling Pulled Plug?

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I don't agree.  I think the Clips are justified and Danny is STILL asking for too much.

A 37 year old Garnett with one year left in his career - for a Jordan, a young serviceable center with upside, is a fair trade.

Doc Rivers isn't worth 2 first round picks.

That Danny is asking too much means that he is content to have Doc sitting on the sidelines/in thebroadcast booth and having Garnett's cap space.  Doc and KG aren't going to be here anyway, and I think Jordan is overpaid even if he is serviceable.  DA would rather no deal than giving in to a team that doesn't want to overpay for the sin of having tampered with Doc while he was under contract.  As was said, you want Doc, then come pry him away with a deal that is a no-brainer, cannot-be-refused type of deal.  An overpaid 5 and a low #1 isn't that deal in my opinion.   

DA still has KG's cap space and a coach who is an asset for the next three years. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not to you, not to the Clippers either..you would have bent too, wouldnt you?? Good thing Danny didnt, makes him a better businessman...

So true.

It would've been a bad deal for the Celts if the Celts only ended up with Jordan and one 1st round pick.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on this one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to cabutan's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not to you, not to the Clippers either..you would have bent too, wouldnt you?? Good thing Danny didnt, makes him a better businessman...

So true.

It would've been a bad deal for the Celts if the Celts only ended up with Jordan and one 1st round pick.

[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with you on this one.

[/QUOTE]

Even though all the info says the deal is dead, I wll wait till clips hire a coach.i

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

here is how to progress- just forget the deal and send them doc rivers.  he will set flake griffin and neanderthal jordan back to d-league prospect status after one year.  why would any relatively young team want rivers as a coach?  i mean just GIVE HIM TO THEM. PERIOD!!!

and then who cares about KG and Pierce, they are washed.  they are incapable of being centerpieces any longer.  don't covet them one cent more than anyone wants to give you something for them. 

this has been like watching an old style jerry springer show.  ridiculous.  just finish it and give them rivers- he isn't worth a moldy ham sandwich on the open market of coaching and he obviously doesn't want to be here.  perfect!!  go away!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Unloading Doc is of primary importance and getting something for him a bonus.. Then getting KG's contract off the books... We had both in the Clippers deal.  Hopefully a better deal comes along.