Stern controls Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Stern controls Finals

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

I dont believe Ive ever called Doc an idiot...

Since you named me in your post regarding this issue, please enlighten me as to which coach Ive hailed for bad minute management or not going for offensive rebounds....

--> In think you misunderstood me, in the second one. You hail coaches who do exactly the same " mistakes like Doc e.g. Thibs and Pops.
    And come on, you really wanna say that you didn't critcize Doc for his minute managment and his offensive rebounding? And you didn't say that Thibs and Pops were superior to Doc? You didn't say Doc is an idiot?

I have some snapshots of you:

1)"Pop also knows he has some aging vets on his team and they need breaks here and there... the same as he managed them during the season. He allowed his bench into the flow of games during the season, they are comfortable in the game and know their roles. He builds teams ...

I dont get the headline Pop vs Doc.. thats like Tyson vs Pee Wee Herman"

2) "Rivers is an idiot! (From Kirk, who else)  Karllost answers:
    "So is fierce" --> Doc and Fierce both idots according to you!

3) "Our oldest guys playing the longest minutes because Doc never learned how to coach.. no HS coaching, no college coaching, no nba assistant coaching... and u wonder why this guy makes so many errors and adds so little compared to real nba coachs"

4) "no offense all series..Doc doesnt know what to do..not surprising" --> Does this mean he is an idiot?

5) "Above all the players the biggest mistake in DA's tenure as GM is letting Thibs slip away.. This guy is a real coach and motivator..

I rarely root for the BUlls but I like the way they play... even with their true all pro out for the season... hes got them hustling all over the place and defending.. Kind of like the Celtics did when he was around.. "

6) "Oc doesnt know any better and wont dare shift from his script.. He really thinks hes a brilliant coach and believes in what hes doing... A 25 point second half!!!/,,Think about how pathetic that is

As our offense, turnovers and rebounding continued to worsen..Doc stayed the course. The robot know no other way.." --> This time no idiot, but a robot^^ Luckily the Bulls didn't had games, where they could throw the ball in the ocean...oh well, yes they had!

7) " guess Doc thought (apologize for the oxymoron) AB was his PG" -->That doesn't mean Doc is an idiot either, right?

8) "Dont get all over Doc, seriously. Hes doing the best he can with what little coaching ability he has.

Doesnt Doc make sense?? We lost 2 starters and we have spme very old players who are on the back 9...... so Doc shortens the rotation... that'll keepm chipper for the 4th qtr.." --> Exactly what Thibs has done with Hamilton and Cook sitting on the bench.

9) "If we had Nate along with Thibs as head coach, Im with ya."

10) "EXACTLY!! Big mistake by DA... Bulls got the guy with all the basketball brains, we kept the cheerleader" --> That also doesn't mean DOc is an idiot, right?

Summary: You are bashing Doc and calling him names, but you also forget about what you have said? Wow, that is scary.

You spent your weekend searching my posts, couldnt find one where I called DOc an idiot and still posted them???  Now you want to insert innuendo because you failed to prove your statement?

I gave you more credit than you deserve... I thought you had some honor about yourself. Just admit you made up your claim about me or say it was a mistake... sticking to your guns and spinning is sickening

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Business is doing well for Stern and the NBA. So why make changes?

The NBA should change because Kirk and Karl are complaining?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

fierce, heres the diffence btw you and I....  I love watching the Celtics, rooting for them etc etc etc... However, the NBA and this forum obviously isnt as important to my life as it is to yours..

I do complain about the refs etc but its not gonna spoil my breakfast... Its not gonna make me spend my weekend researching, cutting n pasting a bunch of old posts like  Gasthoerer did.... its not gonna consume all my spare time and cause me to monitor this forum so no post goes by unanswered or unread and........

its not gonna stop me from both complaining and watching NBA games because u think those are the only two options available, either or.

Dont get upset either because this forum means the world to you...  if it makes you happy, then be happy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I gave you more credit than you deserve... I thought you had some honor about yourself. Just admit you made up your claim about me or say it was a mistake... sticking to your guns and spinning is sickening

Karllost,

after all this evidence, you really pretend that you were not name calling Doc. And the worst: You critized him for sth which your super coaches Thibs and Pops do as well.

If you say someone has no brain, that is not equal beeing an idiot?

If some says "X is an idiot", and you say "Y as well", Doesn't that you mean X is an idiot in you opinion? My english may be bad, but I didn't thought, that it is that bad.

But ok, as you ask for "honor", lets keep it simple. Maybe you are right and I misunderstood you. That can happen in a forum. If so, I'm sorry.

Maybe we share the same opinion about Doc. My is: He is an above average coach (especially for a veteran team) but certainly not the best. But I think most aspects people critize are wrong. Offensive rebounding doesn't correlate with success in the NBA and Doc managed his players minutes better than Thibs (as talented the latter is). And the defense of the Cs was good even after Thibs has left.

I'll ask some questions. Maybe you enlighten me, as it seems it is hard for me to understand you:

1) Do you think Doc is an idiot and has no BB brain?

2) Do you think bad minute managment and not going for offensive rebounds is a big mistake/problem by Doc?

3) Do you think Thibs has a great minute managment?

4) Do you think the Spurs go for offensive rebounds?

5) Has Doc done anything right according to you in the last 6 years?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Karllost,

after all this evidence, you really pretend that you were not name calling Doc. And the worst: You critized him for sth which your super coaches Thibs and Pops do as well.

If you say someone has no brain, that is not equal beeing an idiot?

If some says "X is an idiot", and you say "Y as well", Doesn't that you mean X is an idiot in you opinion? My english may be bad, but I didn't thought, that it is that bad.

But ok, as you ask for "honor", lets keep it simple. Maybe you are right and I misunderstood you. That can happen in a forum. If so, I'm sorry.

Maybe we share the same opinion about Doc. My is: He is an above average coach (especially for a veteran team) but certainly not the best. But I think most aspects people critize are wrong. Offensive rebounding doesn't correlate with success in the NBA and Doc managed his players minutes better than Thibs (as talented the latter is). And the defense of the Cs was good even after Thibs has left.

I'll ask some questions. Maybe you enlighten me, as it seems it is hard for me to understand you:

1) Do you think Doc is an idiot and has no BB brain?

2) Do you think bad minute managment and not going for offensive rebounds is a big mistake/problem by Doc?

3) Do you think Thibs has a great minute managment?

4) Do you think the Spurs go for offensive rebounds?

5) Has Doc done anything right according to you in the last 6 years?

WHat I think is you made another really poor post. In fact, you follow the pattern of someone else on this forum that likes to portray other peoples opinions by asking them leading questions which imply the same.

Whatever you can do to distort and comouflage the real issue, which was you said I called Doc an idiot. Your posting style seems so familiar.... hmmmm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Actually I was really interested in your opinion. Maybe that name calling of Doc is just your first reaction, but your real opinion is not as one sided.

Lets recap:

I proved that you called Doc and idiot and a lot of synonimous several time.

Then you say that this is not true, even though everyone can read it. Then I give you the benefit of doubt, and you don't put your money were your mouth it and tell what your opinion really is. Actually you hide again behind your claim that I could be another user. Let me guess: Fierce?

Maybe the conclusion is: You just complain all the time! If Pops would be our coach you would complain as well. And you don't want that others call you out for that, cause that us how you are. Fine, keep complaining, there will be a lot to complain in the next years, cause our Cs will be very bad.

I'm here to discuss if Doc is a good coach or still a good coach for the Cs in rebuilt mode. I like to back it up with some facts (Smiliar to my discussion with fierce about Ray). And no, "Doc has no brain" is no argument for me. You obviously just wanna name call other users and the coach of the Cs. If so, then you are right. I wasting my time, and when my flu is over, there will be no time to discuss this anyway.

Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Actually I was really interested in your opinion. Maybe that name calling of Doc is just your first reaction, but your real opinion is not as one sided.

Lets recap:

I proved that you called Doc and idiot and a lot of synonimous several time.

Then you say that this is not true, even though everyone can read it. Then I give you the benefit of doubt, and you don't put your money were your mouth it and tell what your opinion really is. Actually you hide again behind your claim that I could be another user. Let me guess: Fierce?

Maybe the conclusion is: You just complain all the time! If Pops would be our coach you would complain as well. And you don't want that others call you out for that, cause that us how you are. Fine, keep complaining, there will be a lot to complain in the next years, cause our Cs will be very bad.

I'm here to discuss if Doc is a good coach or still a good coach for the Cs in rebuilt mode. I like to back it up with some facts (Smiliar to my discussion with fierce about Ray). And no, "Doc has no brain" is no argument for me. You obviously just wanna name call other users and the coach of the Cs. If so, then you are right. I wasting my time, and when my flu is over, there will be no time to discuss this anyway.

Thanks!

Youre really a disillusioned fella...  making up your own reality.

Thank you for moving on.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Typical Karl, bashing Doc Rivers everyday, even on Sundays!

typical fierce, nothing else to do on weekends but monitor the celtics forum

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Wow, some people on these boards just can't have simple disucussions or debates. Is this not what this forum is for?

All Celtic fans don't have to agree. That would be boring would it not?

I honestly don't think Doc is the right man for the job anymore. I think he is burnt out. Do I know who is best for the job, no. Does that make my opinion have any less value? No it shouldn't.

Do I think the Cs need to do something with regards to Pierce, KG, Rondo and Doc? Yes. They can't come back and compete next season with the same sqad. Change, however that is, needs to happen. 

Do I think the NBA contols games, yes, I do. Do I have proof, no, but I have eyes that watch games and they see what they see. 

I just don't get why a discussion board can't remain that: a discussion. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Wow, some people on these boards just can't have simple disucussions or debates. Is this not what this forum is for?

All Celtic fans don't have to agree. That would be boring would it not?

I honestly don't think Doc is the right man for the job anymore. I think he is burnt out. Do I know who is best for the job, no. Does that make my opinion have any less value? No it shouldn't.

Do I think the Cs need to do something with regards to Pierce, KG, Rondo and Doc? Yes. They can't come back and compete next season with the same sqad. Change, however that is, needs to happen. 

Do I think the NBA contols games, yes, I do. Do I have proof, no, but I have eyes that watch games and they see what they see. 

I just don't get why a discussion board can't remain that: a discussion. 

Low self esteem...  They will post  and post and post until their opponent just gets bored into quitting or simply has something better to do, then claim victory. They will label you hater or other names for not seeing things their way or outsmarting them over and over.

Have fun with it, not gonna change. Just like people constantly falling for the trolls bait.. You can tell them attention is what fuels trolls, yet they react and react trying to make a point that ultimately doesnt matter to a troll... they just want the reactions which are endlessly provided

Now watch what I just said demonstrated shortly

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Oh I know Karl. I hardly respond to the ones who try to egg me on. I enjoy having discussions. We Celts fans are some of the best and can be some of the worst.

Those who think Doc is a superior coach and should remain, fine. But don't bash me for thinking otherwise.

Those who think Lebron is not treated any differently by the officials, then fine. I feel and know he is (because I watch without bias), which leads to an unfair advantage in my opinion. By no means am I taking away his ability to play the game, as some will try to claim I am, I am just saying his advantage gives him advantages that help him stand on stop of the NBA heap.

And just because I have a complaint does not mean I should not watch the games, but rather I feel I am watching the games and calling the injustices when I see them. I don't have to toe the line to be a fan.

Thanks. Enjoy Karl.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

The latest NBA Blessed one seems to be Curry ... He gets respect ala Kobe on a tiuch foul by Duncan ... Could it be any better unless you were LeBron?

A makeup after Game 3 calls?  Only LeBron gets that treatment consistently.  With all others, it comes and goes and evens out somewhat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh yeah, Stern controls the Finals. That's why the Celtics and Lakers went down in the first round, why New York is down 2-1 to that media heavyweight city Indianapolis, and why the second-biggest name in the game (Kevin Durant) is also down 2-1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Sick of seeing no equal justice on the NBA basketball courts over the pass few seasons. Lebron, the man who never gets called for anything: fouls, travels, nothing. Same goes for Wade.

Tonight I watched Lebron hook and hold, travel, and use the 'whatever he wants pass' via Stern. I also saw Wade throw some elbows to free himself for his shot. Crazy. It is just so tiring watching Stern control the puppet show.

The Bulls worked so hard tonight and had nothing to show for it except a hard fought loss. And that is not due to the Heat being better this night.  

I can't believe how many still think this Heat team is so great. This depleted Bulls squad is pushing the Heat to the limit (in all 3 games with the exception of the second half in game 2). To me that says the Bulls are one tough team or the Heat just aren't as good as many believe them to be.

If only Deng and Heinrich were able to play, what a difference it would be. And if you added Rose, Stern would not know what to do because the Heat would be down 3. 

I applaud and cheer for this Bulls team becasue they have earned it from this long time Cs and NBA fan.

I have decided that when called on the topic, Stern tightens things up and at least reduces the playoff scripting and star calls. Thibideu just got fined $35,000 for calling a spade a spade.

Two years ago, the NBA had "allowed super star super power capabilities". Each NBA star had specific  things that they could do that were obvious fouls but allowed by the NBA. It had to be an NBA wide issue because the star was allowed to do it game in and game out, independent of the specific game or the referee crew.  The two most blatant super hero set ups were James and his running back playes to the basket, and Novinski clearing out people with his elbows.

Last year most of those things disappeared. This year, a different brand of scripting is back. This year, calling games closely or loosely has been the scripting of choice. The best examples are the Celtics and the Knicks, and the Heat with the Bulls.

A game called closely favors offensive teams and a game called loosely favors defensive teams. In the 18 years that KG has been playing, he has never before been in foul trouble to the extent that he was in the first two games of the Knicks series. Then for entertainment purposes, the game is called loosely. While some may drink the NBA Koolaid, I can't wait for Stern to retire.

My biggest hope is that his replacement will have more interest in sport than entertainment.

I do believe that he learned the wrong lesson from Bird and Magic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Oh yeah, Stern controls the Finals. That's why the Celtics and Lakers went down in the first round, why New York is down 2-1 to that media heavyweight city Indianapolis, and why the second-biggest name in the game (Kevin Durant) is also down 2-1.

NBA makes super stars larger than life.  We all know that stars can't win without supporting cast.  If things were so blatant, everybody will be calling NBA a farce.  NBA just alters the odds.

The Celtics and Lakers lost because they were just not good enough.  The Knicks are down because they have not been able to put it together.  KD is down because Westbrook is not playing.  If Wade went down, it will be hard for LeBron to win.  But the fact is, LeBron and Wade are the two most protected/pampered stars in NBA.  Stars have always received a favorable treatment in NBA.  But with Wade and LeBron, the star treatment is at a totally different level.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If Stern controlled the Finals, Memphis, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, and Indiana wouldn't be half of the teams left.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

If Stern controlled the Finals, Memphis, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, and Indiana wouldn't be half of the teams left.

So who would be there instead?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

One of the two LA teams at minimum. I can't imagine that the Memphis Grizzlies are a better draw for the NBA than the Los Angeles Clippers. For those who take the conspiracy theories even further, the seedings would have been arranged in such a way as to allow one of Brooklyn or Boston to still be in the second round instead of small market Indiana.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Come on he has a hand in all of it. From the minute the lottery balls drop to the minute the Finals end. Surely the Cs and Lakers were not on his short list because they stunk pretty much all season. The Knicks are not really on his list either because they are not that good.

Of course San Antonio and OKC are on the list. But now with Westbrook going down things will most likely change.

And now with theses changes you can rest assure he is looking for the next batch of stars.....perhaps Curry and Company are them. We shall see.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

One of the two LA teams at minimum. I can't imagine that the Memphis Grizzlies are a better draw for the NBA than the Los Angeles Clippers. For those who take the conspiracy theories even further, the seedings would have been arranged in such a way as to allow one of Brooklyn or Boston to still be in the second round instead of small market Indiana.

No, NBA is not blatant.  They adjust the odds.  Sometimes that is not enough to change the results.  The only place where they have become obvious is with Wade and LeBron.  These two need to be larger than life for NBA.  So LeBron does not commit any fouls and Wade can throw his arms and legs around any which way he wants.  And Miami has to win for the Legend of NBA stars to grow.  That is the only good bet NBA has this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Typical Karl, bashing Doc Rivers everyday, even on Sundays!

typical fierce, nothing else to do on weekends but monitor the celtics forum

You're here also!

Guess you also do nothing else on weekends but monitor the Celtics forum, right?

Like I said, bashing Doc Rivers everyday, including Sundays!

HAHAHA

I doubt you even realize this because youre not too bright, but you just admitted you have nothing else to do on weekends but monitor this forum...

I was very active, for me, this weekend on this forum... but my posts dont even make the slightest dent in the volume you put out on a daily basis. Would just love to compare the amount of posts we both author... oh yea, you dont even have to include all your other ids either

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts