Stern controls Finals

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Stern controls Finals

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Come on, the game was whistled fairly, as is the entire series. It is not like the bulls are angles. For every mistake on one side, like Noah getting an offensive foul for the rebound in the end, there is one on the other side like the 6th from Battier which was clearly a charge and the obvious clear path foul from Robinsion which was missed.

Is it the refs fault, that the bulls can't hit their FTs?

Is it the refs fault that rose and deng aren't playing?

Is it the refs fault the mohammed and noah gets stupid technicals?

Is it the refs fault that Thibs overplays his guys? When he would be the Cs coach, I wonder how often Kirk and Karllost would call him an idiot.

Refs or the team's perception of how the games are being called can completely change a game. It forces players to act differently or perhaps press a bit more which in turn equates to missed shots and yes loss of tempers. It happens. Fairness, where is the fairness in Lebron never getting fouls called on him. Come on man, open your eyes man, he fouls people, but rarely gets called. He hooks and using his forearms shivers or just runs threw them, but almost never gets a call. Last time I checked, Bird, Magic, Jordan, they all got called for fouls.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I bet there will be no threads like this if Lebron were a Celtic.

I would have to stop being a fan of the Cs if Lebron were a Celtic.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Is it the refs fault they make phantom calls? Yes

Is it the refs fault they allow Lebron to travel and foul at will without calling it? Yes

Is it the refs fault they have a proven history of  targeting certain players/teams? Yes

I dont believe Ive ever called Doc an idiot, but reserve my right to do so in the future. Its my belief Thibs is a far better coach than Doc Rivers. Sorry my past criticisms of Doc have got you all bunged up.

I have no problems that someone complains about Doc. I have problems when Doc is critizized for bad minute managment and not going for offensive rebounds, and other coaches are hailed while doing the same (Thibs, horrible minute managment; Pops, not going for offensive rebounds.)
    Joey Crawford is a horrible ref. But that series is 2-1 for Miami has nth to do with the refs. They call it more than even (with mistakes on both sides of course, but you cant be right all the time.)

That is not the point.  Are you arguing that LeBron and Wade do not get a preferential treatment from the refs?  Take that away and let them win fair and square.

Agree to that ponit. But fairness ain't ever going to happen like that. Those 2 will always receive preferential treatment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

In response to darkman20's comment:

Come on, the better team won fair and square.  The Bulls like to thug it up, but gets mad and loses their pose when the opposing team returns the favor.  

The Bulls are physical and only thug it up when the Heat can't take it and retaliate with thuggery. Dirty Wade and Lebron can't take the physical play period. It is amazing this depleted Bulls team is competing day in and day out with the supposed best team in the league. Go Bulls

That is why LeBron will never be equal to anyone who played in the Bird, McHale, Isiah (yeek I can't believe I am saying that) but yes Isaiha, Lambier.......yes LeBron is big but with the way the NBA is officiated now he would not be able to take the beating to the extent that would make him great.......so stop comparing him to Jordan, Magic and the like.........they were two different eras and todays era is a bunch of prima donnas that flop at the faintest sign of being touched.........

Thats absurd.  LeBron is bigger, stronger and faster than all you mentioned. If he adjusted his play to a rougher style, his opponents would be dropped like moths in a flame.  LeBron is a superior athlete  to those of yesteryear and perhaps the best basketball talent ever. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

So?  What is the point?  I bet that there are no threads like this on Miami message boards.  As I have said, NBA has built the league to this point by very carefully managing their image.  They controlled the media.  But media has changed.  This is not the 80s.  You think that they will ignore the chorus?  Let me remind you that in Game 3 against Miami last year, LeBron fouled out.  The chorus has to get louder and it will have an impact.  You need not join.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

Come on, the better team won fair and square.  The Bulls like to thug it up, but gets mad and loses their pose when the opposing team returns the favor.  

The Bulls are physical and only thug it up when the Heat can't take it and retaliate with thuggery. Dirty Wade and Lebron can't take the physical play period. It is amazing this depleted Bulls team is competing day in and day out with the supposed best team in the league. Go Bulls

That is why LeBron will never be equal to anyone who played in the Bird, McHale, Isiah (yeek I can't believe I am saying that) but yes Isaiha, Lambier.......yes LeBron is big but with the way the NBA is officiated now he would not be able to take the beating to the extent that would make him great.......so stop comparing him to Jordan, Magic and the like.........they were two different eras and todays era is a bunch of prima donnas that flop at the faintest sign of being touched.........

Thats absurd.  LeBron is bigger, stronger and faster than all you mentioned. If he adjusted his play to a rougher style, his opponents would be dropped like moths in a flame.  LeBron is a superior athlete  to those of yesteryear and perhaps the best basketball talent ever. 

No doubt he is a superior talent.  But he is bigger than life because he is being made out to be bigger than life.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Now it is clear.  I thought that you were a dark Celtics fan.  Actually you are a troll.  Explains many things.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

So?  What is the point?  I bet that there are no threads like this on Miami message boards.  As I have said, NBA has built the league to this point by very carefully managing their image.  They controlled the media.  But media has changed.  This is not the 80s.  You think that they will ignore the chorus?  Let me remind you that in Game 3 against Miami last year, LeBron fouled out.  The chorus has to get louder and it will have an impact.  You need not join.

Like I said, business is good, why mess it up?

As long as the ratings are good, the NBA is not going to change.

Come on, Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals, MJ clearly pushed Bryon Russell out of the way, a clear offensive foul, and yet the refs never blew the whistle.

Yet MJ, despite being an absolutely great NBA defensive player, never went two games without a foul being called on him.  Yes, business is great but they reached there by muzzling the media when the networks were a big deal.  Not any more.  This is an era where opinions go viral in no time.  NBA has to be more careful.  I have been watching NBA for a while.  I have seen MJ being allowed to hold the ball in his massive hands and take a couple of steps before continuing his dribble.  But these moments were few and far between.

Never before have I seen the preferential  treatment being given to Wade and LeBron.  Perhaps to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.  But not since the Detroit bad boys days.  My issue is with the degree of preference.  Especially to Wade.  And the lack of foul calls on LeBron is a joke.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Yet MJ, despite being an absolutely great NBA defensive player, never went two games without a foul being called on him.  Yes, business is great but they reached there by muzzling the media when the networks were a big deal.  Not any more.  This is an era where opinions go viral in no time.  NBA has to be more careful.  I have been watching NBA for a while.  I have seen MJ being allowed to hold the ball in his massive hands and take a couple of steps before continuing his dribble.  But these moments were few and far between.

Never before have I seen the preferential  treatment being given to Wade and LeBron.  Perhaps to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson.  But not since the Detroit bad boys days.  My issue is with the degree of preference.  Especially to Wade.  And the lack of foul calls on LeBron is a joke.

Here's the article from Wiki:

Since 2007, NBA ratings have steadily risen, thanks to the resurgence of nationally recognized NBA teams, their star power, and their annual presence in the NBA Finals. Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals had the best rating for a basketball game in the contemporary NBA on ABC era, and the 2011 Finals held steady in the ratings department as well. Both series drew over a 10 rating, beating the World Series in consecutive years for the first time ever.

2012 NBA Finals  [edit]

The 2012 NBA Finals featured the 2012 Miami Heat returning to avenge their 2011 Finals disappointment and facing a newcomer, theOklahoma City Thunder, led by three-time scoring champion Kevin Durant. The five-game series once again saw growth in the ratings, with Games 1, 2, 4, and 5 all having better numbers than the previous year. It was the highest rated five-game series since the 2004 Finals. The series was the third consecutive Finals to reach double-digits, and the fourth in the ABC era to do so.

I am hearing you.  But I am also telling you that NBA has been muzzling any criticism of officiating.  When the ground swell happened at the lack of call on Wade's foul on Rondo, LeBron fouled out the next game.  Tom Thibodeu has been vocal about the lack of calls.  The more people speak, the more NBA will be forced to adjust.  You are saying that nothing will happen.  I am pointing out that when status quo has been challenged, NBA has made adjustments.  People just need to be more outrageously vocal.

I am being vocal where ever I can.  I don't see Kobe getting the preferential treatment that LeBron and Wade get.  Why are they so special?  There needs to be more vocal criticism of that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

NBA Finals of 2010 and 2011 even beat the World Series ratings for consecutive years.

I agree with you that Lebron is given special treatment by the refs. But it is what it is.

Nobody is forcing us to watch or support the NBA.

Nobody is forcing us but NBA seeks us.  They can't just ignore if there is more expression of this opinion.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

NBA Finals of 2010 and 2011 even beat the World Series ratings for consecutive years.

I agree with you that Lebron is given special treatment by the refs. But it is what it is.

Nobody is forcing us to watch or support the NBA.

Nobody is forcing us but NBA seeks us.  They can't just ignore if there is more expression of this opinion.

Boycott the NBA. Just like after MJ retired and the ratings dropped.

It's hard to change something when it's successful. What the NBA wants is for a lot of people to watch it. The people are still watching despite of all the complaints about the officiating. Try complaining and not watching, that will surely get the attention of the NBA.

Perhaps.  But your recommendation is too passive.  A more active approach, active criticism, is my choice.  That can be taken up by active fans of their teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Stern and his refs definitely let LA win games 3 and 7 of the '10 finals. I was at games 4 and 5 and they were decently officiated. Boston only won game 2 b/c Ray had  a historic shooting performance, but then Artest was allowed to physically assault Ray in game 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Refs or the team's perception of how the games are being called can completely change a game. It forces players to act differently or perhaps press a bit more which in turn equates to missed shots and yes loss of tempers. It happens. Fairness, where is the fairness in Lebron never getting fouls called on him.

What is your point now? That the bulls - Miami games were whisteld fairly, but because the bulls thinks that the refs are giving Lebrin an extra treatment, they lose their temper? Lets not make it more complicated than it is.

The bulls started making this games a slugfest. And actually I like it. And the bulls had success with it in game 1 when Miami was rusty. Nicely done.

Then Miami responded, they were also playing hard and Noah and Mohamed couldn't control themself, their fault.

Tell me, in which game in this series there was a fix for Miami? Just in the last game, Lebron got a technical for nothing (he just tried to shake of Mohammed, no shove nothing), and if Mohammed didn't act like a fool that would be chance to change momentum. The refs also missed an obvious clear path foul on James by Robinsion. Te bulls also got away with an blatant traveling by Buttler which led to an easy basket (I think it was gibson or boozer).

Again I'm not saying that Lebron doesn't get the superstar treatment in general, but this series is whistled more than fairly.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I dont believe Ive ever called Doc an idiot...

Since you named me in your post regarding this issue, please enlighten me as to which coach Ive hailed for bad minute management or not going for offensive rebounds....

--> In think you misunderstood me, in the second one. You hail coaches who do exactly the same " mistakes like Doc e.g. Thibs and Pops.
    And come on, you really wanna say that you didn't critcize Doc for his minute managment and his offensive rebounding? And you didn't say that Thibs and Pops were superior to Doc? You didn't say Doc is an idiot?

I have some snapshots of you:

1)"Pop also knows he has some aging vets on his team and they need breaks here and there... the same as he managed them during the season. He allowed his bench into the flow of games during the season, they are comfortable in the game and know their roles. He builds teams ...

I dont get the headline Pop vs Doc.. thats like Tyson vs Pee Wee Herman"

2) "Rivers is an idiot! (From Kirk, who else)  Karllost answers:
    "So is fierce" --> Doc and Fierce both idots according to you!

3) "Our oldest guys playing the longest minutes because Doc never learned how to coach.. no HS coaching, no college coaching, no nba assistant coaching... and u wonder why this guy makes so many errors and adds so little compared to real nba coachs"

4) "no offense all series..Doc doesnt know what to do..not surprising" --> Does this mean he is an idiot?

5) "Above all the players the biggest mistake in DA's tenure as GM is letting Thibs slip away.. This guy is a real coach and motivator..

I rarely root for the BUlls but I like the way they play... even with their true all pro out for the season... hes got them hustling all over the place and defending.. Kind of like the Celtics did when he was around.. "

6) "Oc doesnt know any better and wont dare shift from his script.. He really thinks hes a brilliant coach and believes in what hes doing... A 25 point second half!!!/,,Think about how pathetic that is

As our offense, turnovers and rebounding continued to worsen..Doc stayed the course. The robot know no other way.." --> This time no idiot, but a robot^^ Luckily the Bulls didn't had games, where they could throw the ball in the ocean...oh well, yes they had!

7) " guess Doc thought (apologize for the oxymoron) AB was his PG" -->That doesn't mean Doc is an idiot either, right?

8) "Dont get all over Doc, seriously. Hes doing the best he can with what little coaching ability he has.

Doesnt Doc make sense?? We lost 2 starters and we have spme very old players who are on the back 9...... so Doc shortens the rotation... that'll keepm chipper for the 4th qtr.." --> Exactly what Thibs has done with Hamilton and Cook sitting on the bench.

9) "If we had Nate along with Thibs as head coach, Im with ya."

10) "EXACTLY!! Big mistake by DA... Bulls got the guy with all the basketball brains, we kept the cheerleader" --> That also doesn't mean DOc is an idiot, right?

Summary: You are bashing Doc and calling him names, but you also forget about what you have said? Wow, that is scary.