Stern controls Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Stern controls Finals

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

I doubt you even realize this because youre not too bright, but you just admitted you have nothing else to do on weekends but monitor this forum...

I was very active, for me, this weekend on this forum... but my posts dont even make the slightest dent in the volume you put out on a daily basis. Would just love to compare the amount of posts we both author... oh yea, you dont even have to include all your other ids either

So you're saying last weekend was the only weekend that you were here?

Can you prove that I have other IDs?

You're really not very bright. I mean you make accusations that you can't even prove.

Dumb, Karl, just dumb!

fierce, as usual you attribute some made up words and assign them to the person thats slapping you all over this forum.... I hear if you say something enough some people will believe it...

No sense debating you, you lie, make up quotes and generally go on a posting blitz to flood your opponent off the board.

Have a nice day pea brain

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

NBA makes super stars larger than life.  We all know that stars can't win without supporting cast.  If things were so blatant, everybody will be calling NBA a farce.  NBA just alters the odds.

The Celtics and Lakers lost because they were just not good enough.  The Knicks are down because they have not been able to put it together.  KD is down because Westbrook is not playing.  If Wade went down, it will be hard for LeBron to win.  But the fact is, LeBron and Wade are the two most protected/pampered stars in NBA.  Stars have always received a favorable treatment in NBA.  But with Wade and LeBron, the star treatment is at a totally different level.

All stars get special treatment, not just LeBron and Wade. You're kidding yourself if  you don't believe Bird, McHale, and even Pierce got their share  of calls over their careers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

NBA makes super stars larger than life.  We all know that stars can't win without supporting cast.  If things were so blatant, everybody will be calling NBA a farce.  NBA just alters the odds.

The Celtics and Lakers lost because they were just not good enough.  The Knicks are down because they have not been able to put it together.  KD is down because Westbrook is not playing.  If Wade went down, it will be hard for LeBron to win.  But the fact is, LeBron and Wade are the two most protected/pampered stars in NBA.  Stars have always received a favorable treatment in NBA.  But with Wade and LeBron, the star treatment is at a totally different level.

All stars get special treatment, not just LeBron and Wade. You're kidding yourself if  you don't believe Bird, McHale, and even Pierce got their share  of calls over their careers.

I don't think many would argue that, but the extent to what Lebron and Wade get away with is way above what Bird, McHale and Pierce could ever dream of getting away with. With such the physical play of Lebron to hardly be called for fouls is just over the top wrong.

Upon further thought, there might be some correlation between what the NBA was to what it has become: A watered down league with less greater overall talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

I don't think many would argue that, but the extent to what Lebron and Wade get away with is way above what Bird, McHale and Pierce could ever dream of getting away with. With such the physical play of Lebron to hardly be called for fouls is just over the top wrong.

Upon further thought, there might be some correlation between what the NBA was to what it has become: A watered down league with less greater overall talent.

You realize,  of course, that Miami Heat fans don't believe LeBron and Wade get any special treatment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

A lot of people like to claim the league has less talent today than in decades past. I strongly disagree. Defense is being played at a much higher level than ever before and there's much greater individual talent than in any other era, except possibly the 1980s. Expansion has spread it out a bit more than it would be in a smaller league, but the talent is definitely there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

You realize,  of course, that Miami Heat fans don't believe LeBron and Wade get any special treatment.

As I have said before, no super star, not even Michael Jordan who was a fantastic defender despite being an offensive star, has gone five games without a foul being called on him.  Heck, none have even gone two games without a foul being called on them.  I realize that Miami Heat fans don't believe that.  But I have to believe what I see on a regular basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

No doubt that MJ was much quicker and lebron much stronger.  Lebron uses his feet less and his muscle more.  Lebron is a natural 3/4 and MJ was more of a 1/2 (he played point at one time because teams were denying him the ball.  Of course later with the wizards he was more of a 3.

The point is that Lebron plays much more physical defense than mj ever did and should be called for more fouls.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

Dear Celtics fans,

Act like you have been there before and not like a bunch of whiny babies.

signed,

everyone and their mother and the kitchen sink

We've been there more times than the Heat..........and always will be.  And talk about whiners?  MEBron and Wade are the biggest thugs in the league, and crybabies as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Dear Celtics fans,

signed,

We've been there more times than the Heat..........and always will be.  And talk about whiners?  MEBron and Wade are the biggest thugs in the league, and crybabies as well.

Since the Heat have been in the league they have more finals appearances and titles. Sounds like you are full of cry though

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Dear Celtics fans,

signed,

Since the Heat have been in the league they have more finals appearances and titles. Sounds like you are full of cry though

Way to change the goalposts on the fly.......................when MeBron goes back to CLE, you will go back into the hole from which you crawled.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Dear Celtics fans,

signed,

Way to change the goalposts on the fly.......................when MeBron goes back to CLE, you will go back into the hole from which you crawled.

LOL. People from Cleveland don't want to go back to Cleveland. They don't call it the mistake by the lake for nothing. Try harder

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Nice to see that Jason Collins inspired others to come out of the closet. Like finally admitting that you were a Heat fan pretending to be a Celtic fan.

I have no idea what you are talking about. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Dear Celtics fans,

signed,

LOL. People from Cleveland don't want to go back to Cleveland. They don't call it the mistake by the lake for nothing. Try harder

Yeah, it's too close to Pittsburgh!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Interesting.

I wonder if fans of Professional Wrestling have the same rose colored glasses?

While wrestling is mostly scripted entertainment with some athletism, the nba is only a graduated step above wrestling. It is not true sport, but sports-entertainment. For those that can see, selected NBA stars either never get in foul trouble, or the NBA refuses to foul out Stars. Furthermore, the NBA calls games closely or loosely. Calling games loosley favors defensive teams, and calling games closely favors offensive teams.

To win the title, a team must either use the advantages provided, somehow, overcome the advantages, or have stars of their own that get advantages. They must also be able to play both styles of ball.

It is also true that not all star advantages are created equally.

Lets hope this sports-entertainment ends with Stern.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Oh yeah, Stern controls the Finals. That's why the Celtics and Lakers went down in the first round, why New York is down 2-1 to that media heavyweight city Indianapolis, and why the second-biggest name in the game (Kevin Durant) is also down 2-1.

Been away, far away? Lakers and Celtics lost important players to injury.  How many games did the rapist, Howard, and Nash play together? Seven (losses) is the answer, and Gasol came off the bench with plantar fasciitis.  The Celtics lost Rondo, Sullinger,...ah, never mind.  The point being is that the league has basically one way to determine outcome - officiating.  They'd look ridiculous and be exposed suspending players for minor infractions, so they control wins and losses as much as possible.  Also, the teams that are still in it, except for NY (for one more game) and Miami (hmmm?) have been bad enough to get high picks for a few years and have built on youth with trades and signings here and there.  Granger, George, Hibbert, and Hill (all 1st round picks - two through trades) not a bad way to build.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to painter's comment:

Been away, far away? Lakers and Celtics lost important players to injury.  How many games did the rapist, Howard, and Nash play together? Seven (losses) is the answer, and Gasol came off the bench with plantar fasciitis.  The Celtics lost Rondo, Sullinger,...ah, never mind.  The point being is that the league has basically one way to determine outcome - officiating.  They'd look ridiculous and be exposed suspending players for minor infractions, so they control wins and losses as much as possible.  Also, the teams that are still in it, except for NY (for one more game) and Miami (hmmm?) have been bad enough to get high picks for a few years and have built on youth with trades and signings here and there.  Granger, George, Hibbert, and Hill (all 1st round picks - two through trades) not a bad way to build.  

Yeah, I read the papers. My point is that if Stern controls the Finals, as the OP claims, the big-market teams would be there every year. Yet both LA teams and the Celtics exited in the first round and the Knicks are on their way out. Instead, we're likely looking at Miami vs. San Antonio.

In other words, the notion that the NBA controls who gets to the Finals is idiotic.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know about the finals.... but Im of the opinion the NBA makes sure certain games are called a certain way...esp how certain players are dealt with by the refs.. I also believe refs take matters into their own hands .. hold grudges, dislike some players/coaches and deal with them accordingly... not to mention the dishonesty factor some refs may play/have played with respect to gambling and betting

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Do you guys really believe that Stern controls the finals? He tells the refs: Let this team win and go to the finals?

1) Why should he do that? Why that risk? What is his benefit? To see the super markets cities like, OKC and Indiana playing in the second round?

2) Why did it take Lebron so many years to win a title? Didn't Stern want Cleveland to win but Miami after a loss against Dallas? Why? Why did the boring SPurs win 4 title? How did Boston win a title, as most of you thinks that Stern hates us?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I dont know about the finals.... but Im of the opinion the NBA makes sure certain games are called a certain way...esp how certain players are dealt with by the refs.. I also believe refs take matters into their own hands .. hold grudges, dislike some players/coaches and deal with them accordingly... not to mention the dishonesty factor some refs may play/have played with respect to gambling and betting

But you still watch the games.

It's like saying drinking poison will kill you. But you still drink the poison anyway.

You say nothing positive about anything. All you do is complain.

What you expect from someone who calls himself "Karl Lost", right?

Your alias is "Karllose"?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No stalker, its not like drinking poison, except in your case.... because this forum is your life.. it means alot to you even though most find you a buffoon... 

Che must have been right all along with his assessment that you dont work and are a burden on society.. perfect conditions why this fourm has taken over your mundane existence..

simply...you have nothing else to do

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Then they are as delusional as Lebron and Wade for thinking that they don't flop. But I have to guess that some of the smarter Miami basketball ones see it as it really is Llyod