Stern controls Finals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Stern controls Finals

In response to davidap's comment:

Upon further thought, there might be some correlation between what the NBA was to what it has become: A watered down league with less greater overall talent.

A lot of people like to claim the league has less talent today than in decades past. I strongly disagree. Defense is being played at a much higher level than ever before and there's much greater individual talent than in any other era, except possibly the 1980s. Expansion has spread it out a bit more than it would be in a smaller league, but the talent is definitely there.

I see your point, but have to respectfully disagree. I don't think the D is all that great many games, I just think the offenses are so meager that it leads people to believe the D is great. The talent pool is drying up. Give me some centers today that compare to the likes of Ewing, Kareem, Duncan, Olajuwon, Parish, Lambeir, Walton, Shaq. Don't even say Howard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Upon further thought, there might be some correlation between what the NBA was to what it has become: A watered down league with less greater overall talent.

A lot of people like to claim the league has less talent today than in decades past. I strongly disagree. Defense is being played at a much higher level than ever before and there's much greater individual talent than in any other era, except possibly the 1980s. Expansion has spread it out a bit more than it would be in a smaller league, but the talent is definitely there.

I see your point, but have to respectfully disagree. I don't think the D is all that great many games, I just think the offenses are so meager that it leads people to believe the D is great. The talent pool is drying up. Give me some centers today that compare to the likes of Ewing, Kareem, Duncan, Olajuwon, Parish, Lambeir, Walton, Shaq. Don't even say Howard.

Id have to agree regarding the centers.... theres really nobody out there like some of the ones you mentioned..  A few scratching the surface but no dominating centers anymore

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

Id have to agree regarding the centers.... theres really nobody out there like some of the ones you mentioned..  A few scratching the surface but no dominating centers anymore

Guys like Worthy, Magic, Bird, McHale, Isiah, Mj, Pippen, Barkley, Dr. J, and the list goes on and on. Sorry I left out Russell and Wilt earlier for centers. Talent is not what it used to b. Sorry, that is just my opinion.