Stern to blame

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Stern to blame

In Response to Re: Stern to blame:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Melo didn't have a no-trade clause - only two players in the league do, kobe and Dirk  - whose info is wrong again?  And he WAS traded, wasn't he?  So much for that part of your argument.  I said if he wants to be traded, fine.  Here is a team that drafted him, coached him, coddled him, made him the face of their franchise, gave him two max contracts...........so shoot me for thinking THEY should have SOME say in where they want to trade him!!  He should be on the Nets now - they had the best deal on the table - why isn't he???  Better check your facts on that one!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Red - help me understand.  Are you saying "Here is a team that drafted him, coached him, coddled him, made him the face of their franchise, gave him two max contracts...........so shoot me for thinking THEY should have SOME say in where they want to trade him!! " and that this team should have permanent rights over him?   At what point does his time there where he drew in fans, sold tickets with his great play, won games for them, and time with the franchise eventually earn him free agency?

I'm glad Lebron left Cleveland and Melo left Denver.  Players should have an obligation for some number of years to be with the team that drafted them and they must stay put.....but not forever.  At some time, they should have the right to leave that team if that team doesn't fit their skills and desires to win and etc.   I don't care if its 5 years or 8 years, but once they are a free agent, they should have the right to negotiate with other teams.   That's fair to both sides as both sides get something.   

Lastly, why is basketball any different than any other pro league?  Free agents exist in baseball, football, etc.  They should exist in Basketball, as well.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : So I said most players can't refuse a trade.  You said only 2 have no trade clauses.  Sounds like you are agreeing with me! Also, Carmelo could not refuse the trade wherever Denver wanted to send him.  He woulc have to accepted the trade.  BUT, the next year when free agency came, he did not have to resign with that team.  So, Denver would not get much in return.  THAT'S where the leverage was.  He did NOT have the right to refuse a trade.  he only had the right to sign wherever wanted AFTER he became a free agent after the season. Is that more clear for you?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

No it isn't, it muddles the facts....................by telling the Nuggets he would ONLY re-up with the Knicks, he held them hostage!  The Nets backed out of the deal because Melo said he would not sign an extension with them.  So, while he didn't technically refuse a trade to the Nets, he did control where he was traded to............which the owners want to eliminate.  Very simple concept!

So, why not just keep him until the end of the year?  Because he was going to the Knicks anyway.  They had salary cap space waiting for him.  They HAD to trade him to get something in return for him.  But, they really had no say over where he was going, so despite having the best player in the deal, they had to take basically whatever offer the Knicks gave them............unfair to the Nuggets, and one of the reasons we still have a lockout.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Red - help me understand.  Are you saying " Here is a team that drafted him, coached him, coddled him, made him the face of their franchise, gave him two max contracts...........so shoot me for thinking THEY should have SOME say in where they want to trade him!!  " and that this team should have permanent rights over him?   At what point does his time there where he drew in fans, sold tickets with his great play, won games for them, and time with the franchise eventually earn him free agency? I'm glad Lebron left Cleveland and Melo left Denver.  Players should have an obligation for some number of years to be with the team that drafted them and they must stay put.....but not forever.  At some time, they should have the right to leave that team if that team doesn't fit their skills and desires to win and etc.   I don't care if its 5 years or 8 years, but once they are a free agent, they should have the right to negotiate with other teams.   That's fair to both sides as both sides get something.    Lastly, why is basketball any different than any other pro league?  Free agents exist in baseball, football, etc.  They should exist in Basketball, as well.  

So, what did CLE get when MeBron signed with MIA?  Answer - nothing!  How is that fair to CLE?  In baseball, you get draft picks, in football you get draft picks,  in basketball you get nothing..........I never said there were no free agents in basketball, I said the system as it is favors the players in basketball, unlike the other pro sports teams,

Lastly, I have no idea why you're coming down on ME......I'm just repeating what I have read.  Are the small market owners (DEN, CLE, etc.) the ones  taking a hard line here?  Yes, the reason - the system favors the big markets.  How can you be competitive when your best players are allowed to leave and you have NO chance at retaining them and you get NO compensation?  Sorry to tell you that your personal views do not factor into this, nor do mine, I'm just repeating the facts for people who want and expect basketball this year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Don't take it personally, Red. We're all just expressing our support for one position or another. I say it's fair because the teams got 7 years of play and increased ticket sales and TV revenue from having these guys play with them. They gave their teams all they had in those years but no American worker, no matter how much they earn, should be forced to stay with one employer their entire career. At some point, they should earn the right to be a free agent. That's also the view of the US Court system since this was adjudicated in court many years ago. Finally, NFL and MLB teams don't get compensation for fully free agents - like basketball, only for restricted free agents. So, I guess I don't get where you think basketball is any different. Nmambi Assungha (sp?) left the Raiders as a free agent this year to the Eagles. The Raiders got nothing I believe. As for Denver, here's what they got for trading Carmelo before he became a free agent..........poor Denver! As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, the sources said. Along with Anthony, New York would get Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman from Denver. Multiple media reports say that the additional picks the Nuggets will get are two second-round selections that the Knicks acquired from Golden State when the Warriors signed forward David Lee last summer. Do you really think Denver got a terrible deal? If so, you must think more highly of Carmelo than I do!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Don't take it personally, Red. We're all just expressing our support for one position or another. I say it's fair because the teams got 7 years of play and increased ticket sales and TV revenue from having these guys play with them. They gave their teams all they had in those years but no American worker, no matter how much they earn, should be forced to stay with one employer their entire career. At some point, they should earn the right to be a free agent. That's also the view of the US Court system since this was adjudicated in court many years ago. Finally, NFL and MLB teams don't get compensation for fully free agents - like basketball, only for restricted free agents. So, I guess I don't get where you think basketball is any different. Nmambi Assungha (sp?) left the Raiders as a free agent this year to the Eagles. The Raiders got nothing I believe. As for Denver, here's what they got for trading Carmelo before he became a free agent..........poor Denver! As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, the sources said. Along with Anthony, New York would get Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman from Denver. Multiple media reports say that the additional picks the Nuggets will get are two second-round selections that the Knicks acquired from Golden State when the Warriors signed forward David Lee last summer. Do you really think Denver got a terrible deal? If so, you must think more highly of Carmelo than I do!

I think Denver got hosed on that deal........in baseball, after SIX years, a free agent is offered arbitration, which I would be okay with.  If they sign with another team, that team gets either a first and second round pick, or a first and a sandwich pick.  Three years is not enough, IMO.   In football, teams can offer a franchise tag, which I would be okay with, OR they can cut a player on  a bad contract, which I would be okay with.  No model is perfect, but I feel very strongly that the one in the NBA needs the most fixing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good post Pud....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : So, what did CLE get when MeBron signed with MIA?  Answer - nothing!  How is that fair to CLE?  In baseball, you get draft picks, in football you get draft picks,  in basketball you get nothing..........I never said there were no free agents in basketball, I said the system as it is favors the players in basketball, unlike the other pro sports teams,   Lastly, I have no idea why you're coming down on ME......I'm just repeating what I have read.  Are the small market owners (DEN, CLE, etc.) the ones  taking a hard line here?  Yes, the reason - the system favors the big markets.  How can you be competitive when your best players are allowed to leave and you have NO chance at retaining them and you get NO compensation?  Sorry to tell you that your personal views do not factor into this, nor do mine, I'm just repeating the facts for people who want and expect basketball this year!

Yes, Cleveland got skrewed when LBJ left but they did it to themselves. They should have traded LBJ when he balked at signing an extension.

He would have brought considerable value in trade but the owner held out hope, naively... needless to say, that LBJ would against all odds resign with the home team. (Wasn't going to happen. They knew better.)

Very stupid move by Cleveland to allow their superstar to become bigger than the team.

No restriction on player movement  will likely solve this sort of bad business practice.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Yes, Cleveland got skrewed when LBJ left but they did it to themselves. They should have traded LBJ when he balked at signing an extension. He would have brought considerable value in trade but the owner held out hope, naively... needless to say, that LBJ would against all odds resign with the home team. (Wasn't going to happen. They knew better.) Very stupid move by Cleveland to allow their superstar to become bigger than the team. No restriction on player movement  will likely solve this sort of bad business practice. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Beg to differ!  "I love Cleveland and I want to stay in Cleveland"  was the man's mantra all year!  He also said it was his "right" to test free agency.  Also true, but he never gave them any sign he wouldn't be back.  IF he made the decision to leave 2 years before (as I suspect), he was obligated to tell his boss.  He colluded with Wade and Bosh to play together on the same team......the owners can't do that....restriction on player movement would likely solve this sort of deception by the players!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Beg to differ!  "I love Cleveland and I want to stay in Cleveland"  was the man's mantra all year!  He also said it was his "right" to test free agency.  Also true, but he never gave them any sign he wouldn't be back.  IF he made the decision to leave 2 years before (as I suspect), he was obligated to tell his boss.  He colluded with Wade and Bosh to play together on the same team......the owners can't do that....restriction on player movement would likely solve this sort of deception by the players!

Mantra.... smantra! Total hooey!

He lied. Few if any believed that he would stay in Cleveland. I didn't. YOu didn't.

He played  them for suckers... and they were in many ways.

A smart Cleve owner protects himself from such situations once it becomes clear that LBJ balks at an extension and drags things out, winning concession after concession but still dissatisfied with being a Cav.

If LBJ were "not allowed" to move by league "rules".... he forces the issue anyway... by developing a bad attitude, lessening his value and encouraging a trade after all.

Let the man go... if he really wants to be gone. Get what you can for him before it gets to the point that he is bigger than the team.

Cut your losses EARLY!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Mantra.... smantra! Total hooey! He lied. Few if any believed that he would stay in Cleveland. I didn't. YOu didn't. He played  them for suckers... and they were in many ways. A smart Cleve owner protects himself from such situations once it becomes clear that LBJ balks at an extension and drags things out, winning concession after concession but still dissatisfied with being a Cav. If LBJ were "not allowed" to move by league "rules".... he forces the issue anyway... by developing a bad attitude, lessening his value and encouraging a trade after all. Let the man go... if he really wants to be gone. Get what you can for him before it gets to the point that he is bigger than the team. Cut your losses EARLY! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

A smart owner understands it would hhave been a public relations disaster to let him go...............he said he wanted to stay.  Gilbert is not the bad guy here....MeBron tried to make him the bad guy.  And, again, I'm not saying don't let him go, I'm saying CLE should get some form of compensation for him.  A franchise tag would have worked well here, as well.  As for your worry about his bad attitude - non-guaranteed or partially guaranteed contracts would solve that issue - wouldn't you agree?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : A smart owner understands it would hhave been a public relations disaster to let him go...............he said he wanted to stay.  Gilbert is not the bad guy here....MeBron tried to make him the bad guy.  And, again, I'm not saying don't let him go, I'm saying CLE should get some form of compensation for him.  A franchise tag would have worked well here, as well.  As for your worry about his bad attitude - non-guaranteed or partially guaranteed contracts would solve that issue - wouldn't you agree?

A smart owner doesn't let a player become larger than the game (and the owner too BTW) itself... and then leave with the owner having nothing to show for it.

Now that is a PR fiasco by definition. The fans may hate to see LBJ traded/leave but their memories will fade when the newly acquired talent begins to take shape. Especially when owner reminds fans that LBJ would likely leave the franchise empty handed if owner had not acted.

No.... Gilbert is not the bad guy. He is the STUPID guy.

When you hire an employee, you do not let the employee become so big as to threaten the viability of the business itself. And that is what happened here.

The more the owner caved, the more contempt LBJ had for him.

With LBJ, contract guarantee would have made little/no difference. Owner got exactly what he deserved for being incredibly stupid.

ZERO! CONTEMPT! NADA!

Pud 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Sorry, but I still don't see how Gilbert is an idiot.

Carmelo  Anthony said he wanted to be traded, LeBron James didn't.
    Carmelo Anthony wanted to go home, LeBron James WAS home.

Whether or not you want to believe James should be allowed to leave CLE is not the issue here, IMO.  The issue is that the "decision" was made two years prior in an obvious collusion between Wade, James and Bosh.  Sure, many players SAY they would like to play together, but what they did was just wrong.  And it's not just CLE, it's TOR as well.  Were they "stupid" for not trading Bosh?  How about MIA?  What "guarantees" did they have that Wade would re-sign with them.  Wasn't he all set to go to the Bulls?

And, just for the record, I will say again I think DEN got hosed on that deal.  Galinari?  Really?  He's the best player they got in that deal.
    You are all entitled to your opinon, and I respect that, it is my contention that the "system" in the NBA is broken and needs a major overhaul.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Pud is right here IMO! Gilbert is an idiot and there is no compensation for stupidity. Anyway, I'm not sure but didn't the Cavs get some trade exceptions?

If you are more clever you do what Denver did! Denver received some compensation which is better than what most of the users here propose (e.g. 1st or 2nd round pick if it is not a lottery one).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : I think Denver got hosed on that deal........in baseball, after SIX years, a free agent is offered arbitration, which I would be okay with.  If they sign with another team, that team gets either a first and second round pick, or a first and a sandwich pick.  Three years is not enough, IMO.   In football, teams can offer a franchise tag, which I would be okay with, OR they can cut a player on  a bad contract, which I would be okay with.  No model is perfect, but I feel very strongly that the one in the NBA needs the most fixing.
    Red,

I agree that basketball is the least favorble to the owners.  But, I also think basketball is more dependent on a few players than any of the other major sports (just 3 great players on a team will make it a great team but in the other sports, you have o have more than just 3 players and role players are more important in the other sports).  Why is that important?   Because it gave the NBA players more leverage than the other sports' players had.

Not saying its right, but that I understand how it happened.   I also think that basketball owners have shown less management discipline than the other sports.  They've built up or promoted the individual player rather than the game.  Want to talk about how many young people today think that Lebron is the greatest ever eventhought he's never won ONE championship while Russell is not on their list and he's won the most?  Wonder how many fans love a Lebron dunk as thehighlight of the day rather than the team that mosts the ball to all players and ends up with more easy, good shots?   That's the league (Stern) promoting the individual play and player over the team concept (and the team concept is why I fell in love with the C's when Russell was here and when Bird/McHale/Parish/DJ were here).  

So, the owners gave the players a lot of power by signing mediocre players to truly stupid contracts.  They have to show some management disclipline within any system and just not sign bad deals.   I contend that its not the free agency that's killing them, its their own terrible management practices.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Red, I agree that basketball is the least favorble to the owners.  But, I also think basketball is more dependent on a few players than any of the other major sports (just 3 great players on a team will make it a great team but in the other sports, you have o have more than just 3 players and role players are more important in the other sports).  Why is that important?   Because it gave the NBA players more leverage than the other sports' players had. Not saying its right, but that I understand how it happened.   I also think that basketball owners have shown less management discipline than the other sports.  They've built up or promoted the individual player rather than the game.  Want to talk about how many young people today think that Lebron is the greatest ever eventhought he's never won ONE championship while Russell is not on their list and he's won the most?  Wonder how many fans love a Lebron dunk as thehighlight of the day rather than the team that mosts the ball to all players and ends up with more easy, good shots?   That's the league (Stern) promoting the individual play and player over the team concept (and the team concept is why I fell in love with the C's when Russell was here and when Bird/McHale/Parish/DJ were here).   So, the owners gave the players a lot of power by signing mediocre players to truly stupid contracts.  They have to show some management disclipline within any system and just not sign bad deals.   I contend that its not the free agency that's killing them, its their own terrible management practices.

Yes, which is why many of them want a chance to change the system and start over again.................note the amnesty clause which WILL be in the new CBA - and irresponsible?   How about the 5 yr 122 million the Yankees just gave a fat guy to pitch?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We could debate whether the CC contract with the Yankees was good or not, but he had an opt out clause so it cost them something to keep him from going free agency.   But, contracts to Curry for multiple years or Allan Houston or even the Celtics contract with Brian Scalabrini are the dumb one's I'm talking about.  CC is like Garnett or Pierce or Lebron or Kobe - they've all performed in key situations over the long term and are probably worth any risk you take.  But, Curry, Houston, Scal, etc?   Its the bad contracts to middle of the road guys who will NEVER carry a team to a championship that are the truly dumb ones.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]We could debate whether the CC contract with the Yankees was good or not, but he had an opt out clause so it cost them something to keep him from going free agency.   But, contracts to Curry for multiple years or Allan Houston or even the Celtics contract with Brian Scalabrini are the dumb one's I'm talking about.  CC is like Garnett or Pierce or Lebron or Kobe - they've all performed in key situations over the long term and are probably worth any risk you take.  But, Curry, Houston, Scal, etc?   Its the bad contracts to middle of the road guys who will NEVER carry a team to a championship that are the truly dumb ones.

Again, I'm agreeing with you.  That is why they should be given the distinction of Type A or B FA, like they are in baseball.........and two years max for middle of the road guys, that would solve the problem.  Houston WAS a good player, but he got a long-term deal and they can't cut him.  Scal?  Two years min.  A perfect example is Posey.  He had a one year deal with Boston - sounds about right.  Here is my problem - the C's then offered him 3 years at "x" dollars - sounds about right...........no other team should then be allowed to offer him FOUR years at the same money, that is just irresponsible, and notice the team that did it doesn't have him anymore and tried to get rid of him after TWO years.  If the offers are equal, let him go where he wants, as he is a middle of the road guy.  If he is a franchise player, if he goes where he wants, the team that loses him should be compensated.  That's all I'm saying!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]A perfect example is Posey.  He had a one year deal with Boston - sounds about right.  Here is my problem - the C's then offered him 3 years at "x" dollars - sounds about right...........no other team should then be allowed to offer him FOUR years at the same money, that is just irresponsible...  Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? You want rules for everything? If someone wants to give a stupid contract to a player...well, so let it be. All people involved are grown up businessmen! If you are as stupid as some owners/gms (think of NY) than no rules will help you!

By the way: Who is going to decide which player is medicore and which one is a franchise player? The owners, supporters by public vote or just the stats?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : The owner did not let the player become bigger than the game......... David Stern did with all the blowing up how good he is from the time he was in HS and kept blowing the balloon up until LeQueen had everyone kissing his feet ..........Gilbert did everything he could to appease LeQueen and LeQueen spit in his face and on the faces of the fans of Cleveland......which is another reason why this post Stern to Blame perhaps in the new CBA each team should be able to name one franchise player like the NFL
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

The team owner was LBJ's employer and as such appeased LBJ from day one. That made LBJ bigger than the owner and bigger than the team.

The team owner, the holder of LBJ's employment contract, got what he deserved by not standing up to his employee... and earned the employee's contempt that he so richly deserved.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : Are you serious? You want rules for everything? If someone wants to give a stupid contract to a player...well, so let it be. All people involved are grown up businessmen! If you are as stupid as some owners/gms (think of NY) than no rules will help you! By the way: Who is going to decide which player is medicore and which one is a franchise player? The owners, supporters by public vote or just the stats?
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]
    1. The same way they decide it in baseball - performance based.
    2.  If it's so stupid, why are the owners insistent on an amnesty clause?
    3.  With fewer players in basketball, one bad contract can kill a team.  In baseball, for example, you can trade a guy like Edgar Rentaria, bring in someone you want, and still have to pay his salary.  Everyone wins......can't do that in basketball.
    No system is perfect, but the NBA model is the one that needs the biggest fix!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : 1. What is performance based? How do you rate performance? Per?Stats?Opinion?Sympathy? 2. Well, at first I have to say that I have not heard that all owners want exactly the amnesty clause that you are suggesting. Secondly, if the owners think that would help their side, of course the are going for that. That doesn't mean it is the right thing for both sides or even the league. They owners agreed to the last deal as well and now they tell this contracts is killing the league. Maybe the just aren't really good in their job! 3.Easy answer: Don't give bad contracts -- /> good team. Isiah Thomas like contracts -- /> bad team! In a league of 30 teams there is just one champion, all others lose. That is part of the game. And look at another aspect. Every team is just one or two draft picks away from beeing a contender. Unlike in other sports just two good decisions make you a winnner for years.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

What kind of anmesty clause have you heard about?

Strongly disagree that every team is one or two players away from being a contender every year:
    Al-Farouq Aminu  - #8 pick overall   1 year
    Eric Bledsoe - #18 overall   1 year
    Randy Foye - #7 overall  5 years
    Eric Gordon - -#7 overall  3 years
    Chirs Kaman - #6 overall  7 years
    Blake Griffin - #1 overall and rookie of the year last year

Um, I wouldn't say the Clips are exactly yearly contenders, would you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stern to blame : 1. The same way they decide it in baseball - performance based. 2.  If it's so stupid, why are the owners insistent on an amnesty clause? 3.  With fewer players in basketball, one bad contract can kill a team.  In baseball, for example, you can trade a guy like Edgar Rentaria, bring in someone you want, and still have to pay his salary.  Everyone wins......Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

1. What is performance based? How do you rate performance? Per?Stats?Opinion?Sympathy?
    2. Well, at first I have to say that I have not heard that all owners want exactly the amnesty clause that you are suggesting. Secondly, if the owners think that would help their side, of course the are going for that. That doesn't mean it is the right thing for both sides or even the league. They owners agreed to the last deal as well and now they tell this contracts is killing the league. Maybe the just aren't really good in their job!
    3.Easy answer: Don't give bad contracts -- /> good team. Isiah Thomas like contracts -- /> bad team! In a league of 30 teams there is just one champion, all others lose. That is part of the game. And look at another aspect. Every team is just one or two draft picks away from beeing a contender. Unlike in other sports just two good decisions make you a winnner for years.

Sections
Shortcuts