Steve Javie is a Clown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Steve Javie is a Clown

Was I watching a circus or an NBA game last night? Steve Javie reminded me of a clown acting out in an attempt to gain favor with the crowd. The only thing missing from his act was a big red nose, bicycle horn, and large clown like shoes!

I have never seen a worse officiated game! Does this guy have a personal grudge against the Celtics?

I cant wait to read the leagues explanation, after they rescind at least one of Doc's technical fouls and one of KG's technical fouls. I am sure they will issue a heart felt apology in .0005 font located somewhere on NBA.com.

After last nights game, I agree with one-of the leagues slogans. The NBA is where amazing happens. Amazingly terrible officiating!

Go Celtics!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Steve Javie is a Clown

As an add on to the original post, according to Jeff VanGundy, the NBA has rescinded 34% of the technical fouls assessed by referees this season! I wonder how many outcome of games were affected by these bogus, rescinded, calls?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

They should have thrown Peitris out of the game earlier when he threw a punch that connected with KG's throat, and it happened directly in front of the official.  I don't know how anyone looking at the tape of that does not see him fully punch KG in the throat.  If he was ejected then KG probably would not have gone out of is way to use the questionable, but just a foul trick, of sliding uder a shooter.  If the ref had made the correct call and kept control of the game by protecting KG from another player punching him in the throat, they would have avoided the whole issue.  Funny, one team can throw punches and not get ejected, but the player who was punched can do nothing at all, and get thrown out of the game.  Seems fair.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The problem with javie wasn't just the technicals (although that was the most blatant).  The early foul trouble for the Celtics started with some ticky tacky calls in the 1st quarter.  I knew we were in for a tough night at that point.  

And Frye's actions initiated the brawl.  Garnett was assessed a foul, correctly, but there was no intentional malice.  Frye overreacted and that initiated the events.  Did Frye even get a tech for that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I think Doc was ejected becase he knew the officials had the game in the bag for the Suns before the opening tip.  He was calling them out on it and they didn't want to hear it and just threw him out.  Clearly that Peitris was not ejected for punching KG in the throat, and then KG was ejected, and the Celtics got assessed 3 more techs than the Suns during the scrum.  Add this in with the early ticky tack fouls used to get the Celtics in foul trouble.  This is a good sample of a game that gives fans every reason in the world to very seriously think there are huge issues with NBA officiating; meaning some corrupt things take place.  I recorded this one and will probably review it again just to watch the officiating more closely. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Not surprised.

Celts deserved to lose and the refs made sure of it, just in case.

Now its boo hoo, you think there might be a conspiracy with refs being in the bag or having personal vendettas or agendas. Well, its been going on for some time now, so where have you been?

NBA is a joke and is fixed to a certain extent. Thats why although I love watching the Celtics and root for them, I know they can get knocked out of the playoffs by the Nets...

Theres no shame by the refs and no consequences to what they do. Oh, the NBA will tell you they review and rate them internally and all this other BS..but.. when was the last time a ref was fired or demoted to like the D league or something?? Right, prob never. THey just keep going on.

Reason being theyre doing the dirty work for STern & the NBA...and of course themselves.. If youve been reffing in the league for years and years... sooner or later youre gonna grow to like & dislike  certain players/coaches and like Tim Donaghey told us, the refs target players and teams... especially when the NBA preps them before games of what fouls to look out for.

You read Docs account of last nights "T's"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Mr. Stern, you can't fine any of us for conveying our thoughts on the matter!

My advice to you, suspend Steve Javie (indefinitely) in an attempt to salvage the small amount of credibility left in your league!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Karl says:  Theres no shame by the refs and no consequences to what they do.

Well - Ain't that the truth!!!   Well said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

More comments from the website SportiFi:

"Steve Javie used to be one of the better refs but after last night, I've lost all respect for him. He was on a power trip. The fact that all the T's given out were to the Celtics and none to the Suns shows that he was sending a message to Doc that it was all about him."

Maybe the league should change their name to the Steve Javie Basketball Association (SJBA)? The logo could also be updated to include a silhouette of Steve Javie ejecting a player or coach from a ball game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you were watching a circus last night.  complete with unprovoked act of sexual molestation by kg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

I just watch Celtic games and most of them i don't watch all of it. I watch more of pro-wrestling than a NBA game. At least they admit it's a show and not a sports contest. Not good, it's just not Celtic games it's all NBA games. Tim thanks for stepping up, but what you did was wrong and you paid the price. NBA refs grow some nads and do your good as a professional and bring some integrity back to the game. As officials you are not the show case, it's the players that sports fans come to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Javie is a Clown:
    Not surprised. Celts deserved to lose and the refs made sure of it, just in case. Now its boo hoo, you think there might be a conspiracy with refs being in the bag or having personal vendettas or agendas. Well, its been going on for some time now, so where have you been? NBA is a joke and is fixed to a certain extent. Thats why although I love watching the Celtics and root for them, I know they can get knocked out of the playoffs by the Nets... Theres no shame by the refs and no consequences to what they do. Oh, the NBA will tell you they review and rate them internally and all this other BS..but.. when was the last time a ref was fired or demoted to like the D league or something?? Right, prob never. THey just keep going on. Reason being theyre doing the dirty work for STern & the NBA...and of course themselves.. If youve been reffing in the league for years and years... sooner or later youre gonna grow to like & dislike  certain players/coaches and like Tim Donaghey told us, the refs target players and teams... especially when the NBA preps them before games of what fouls to look out for. You read Docs account of last nights "T's"
    Posted by Karllost

Agree with you 100%.  The officiating just continues to get worse every year and won't change until Stern is gone, which I wish was soon. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

This just in from the Boston Herald:

"L
    OS ANGELES — The NBA is investigating Doc Rivers’ ejection from Friday night’s Celtics [team stats] loss in Phoenix, with the possibility he could face a further fine."

It's great to read the "ring leader" of the circus has decided to look into the actions of one of the victims of the 4-bogus technical fouls, versus the clown who called them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

This was just posted on Boston.com:

"Doc Rivers' heated exchange with referee Steve Javie in Friday night's loss
    to the Phoenix Suns cost him $15,000. The league fined Rivers this morning
    for failing to leave the court in a timely manner after being ejected with 4:33
    left in the second quarter."

The NBA where amazing BS happens!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rather than fix his problem with the refs, Stern's approach is to fine ANYONE inside the league for saying ANYTHING against his refs.  Problem is that the all controlling Stern doesn't give us all any credit for the fact that we can see how bad the problem is.   If he could fine a fan for thinking/saying anything against his refs - he would do it!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigbird1111. Show Bigbird1111's posts

BCSP its not Steve Javie as much as it is David Stern.  David needs ratings and what better way to get ratings then to create controversy.  Why do you think Stern recinds so many of the technicals ?  Like todays celtics lakers game if it wasnt for the officials this game would of been a blowout win for the Celtics ?
    Its like one of my previous articles and one of my friends disagrees with me "Integrity of Game is Compromised " bottom line !!!!  Tim Donaghy started what many have thought for years there are people high up with there own agendas.  Stern fines anyone from coachs to players who bad mouth the officials after games.  David is a Control freak bottom line .  Bill Kennedy, Steve Javie, Bob Deleany, and Violet not sure of her last name but have all made plenty of bad calls through out games.  They all work for Stern and David knows how to make money thats for sure.  His salary 10 million a year as commissior.  If games are close more people will watch the entire games thus generating more revenue. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

you were watching a circus last night.  complete with unprovoked act of sexual molestation by kg.
    Posted by aciemvp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lbrad389. Show lbrad389's posts

what?????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

what?????
    Posted by lbrad389

Watch KG's hand on that play...he makes contact with the player's groin. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    First, if you watch the replay of the episod you can clearly see that it was accidental touch.
    Second, it is "where amazing BS happens". I don't want to rehash what was discussed ad noseum but if you apply elementary logic to all events you'll see how true this statement is.

AK

Sections
Shortcuts