Steven A. Smith On D&C show: Danny Ainge not telling the truth when he says the C's aren't tanking

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Steven A. Smith On D&C show: Danny Ainge not telling the truth when he says the C's aren't tanking

Yeah Mel we get it.   Most of us can see the writing on the wall. Everyone knows that Danny can't come out say that this is a tank year.  We can even see the logic behind it considering the hype associated with next years draft class.

That doesn't mean that we have to be as excited as you are about the prospect of putting all our hopes in the 25% chance that a ball bounces our way. And that is IF we have the worst team in the league. 

We also don't have to be happy about having to watch our team play bad basketball for the next 3, 4, 5, who knows how many years. The last time this team lost 3 HOFers it took 20+years to get back to the pinnacle. And some of us just enjoy seeing the game played correctly.

So do I think they are purposefully tanking?  Yes I do.  

Am I doing cartwheels over it and buying my season tickets to cheer when they lose to the Bucks or stand and applaud when they are blown out by the Heat?  H3lls to the NO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Steven A. Smith On D&C show: Danny Ainge not telling the truth when he says the C's aren't tanking

More than the Rondo watch (trade, delay his rehab, play), the more they play Melo, the more they are trying to tank (heh, heh - little humor).  Actually, I think they keep Rondo and that he is coached to become a scorer by putting up 20-plus shots a game, mostly from 16-23 feet from where he was top three player in accuracy last year (48%). Imagien Rondo as a volume scorer and with his head screwed on right (ie, playing better defense); then he is a legite top 1 or 2 point guard - he has a chance to lead by example (ie, double and triple doubles night in and night out) not by playing "quarterback" of the parquet. Rondo, you want to be the best, you got to put up the stats night in night out and become a volume scorer for this young team. Actually, I'd settle for DJ type offense (17 ppg average but capable of 25 on any given night).

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Steven likes the sound of his own voice.

After seeing Olynyk yesterday, I am not sure we are tanking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

48% from midrange is 48% - 3d best in the league. Ray Allen and Pierce where 41% last year; was he left open yes, but he canned those shots...and that leaves haters (defined as those who act like you when confronted with facts and/or legitimate hopefulness) to do nothing but what you just did; your silliness (namecalling, etc) is actually you throwing in the towel...and hater is your name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Nonsense talk. Only DA knows about his intentions. I doubt any player would like to tank. There is something called pride in basketball. I will watch them play and struggle if they do indeed struggle which right now is not happening..Gotta get someone to moderate these trolls out of the board

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Not mad "condescending Wonka". I actually do think you are genuinely funny.  Just sick of being one of the many Celtics fans that aren't excited about the tank but aren't blind to the fact either.

Its as if you have to either be a "tanker" and believe the Celtics are getting the next Lebron in the greatest draft of all time next year, or an "anti-tanker" and believe the celts will be in the playoffs next year.  I dont have any idea what the team will look like on opening day, but both of those outcomes have a very low probability of happening.

I just want to add another party to join for Celtics fans: "conscientious tank objectors"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Why was your meme filled post removed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Stephen A Smith ? Enough said, if he thinks we're tanking then we probably will be going to the ECF. Stephen A Smith, rotflmao !!!!! What was his factinion backed up Skip Bayless ? Stephen A Smith, really? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not trying to be personal but any Stephan A Smith reference doesn't hold any credibility with me , just my own opinion. As we agreed earlier as for the tanking or not being competetive we will respectfully agree to disagree.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

No one knows what will happen this year.  If the rookies play better than expected and we get contributions from Jeff Green, Rondo and Sullinger than we could make the playoffs.  Many teams may try to lose games so they will end up with a higher draft pick.  I don't see Danny trading anyone to try to improve this team before the season starts but after a couple of months his decisions could change depending on how the Celtics are playing.  It should be an interesting season.  I will still attend games even if the Celtics are awful. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont think we are tanking, we are just not going to be very good.  If we were tanking rondo would have been gone by now.  We are going to be a 25-30 win team which will end up  being in the 6-11 pick range, so we will miss out on wiggins/ jabari anyway.  

Tanking doesnt work. Celtics fans should know this better than most. ( see tim duncan and druant drafts) 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The Celts didn't make it past the 1st round of the playoffs with KG and Pierce.  They were playing pretty bad ball before Rondo got hurt.  Is it realistic to think that they're gonna make the playoffs with guys like Sullinger, Bradley, Olynyk, Lee, Bass, Melo, and Green playing serious minutes?  Jeff Green may be their best player (until Rondo gets back top full strength).  On a good playoff team Jeff Green is your 3rd-4th best player.  I don't expect this team to be very good whether DA wants them to tank or not.   

I think this team has a lot of guys who could turn into decent veteran role players in a few years when they pay their dues and learn how to win in the NBA.  More importantly, many of the guys on this roster won't be here and will be replaced by younger guys with more upside or by veteran stars who arrive here via trade for bodies & draft picks.  

What does SAS expect?  Should Danny admit this team needs to get lucky in the lottery to have a chance to rebuild it quickly?  Whoever said the writing is on the wall is absolutely right.  DA made the choice to blow it up and the young guys should play as many minutes as possible not only for their development but to ensure that this team gets a shot at the top of the lottery. 

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts