Stevens and His Letter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Stevens and His Letter

A letter to former Celtics is a classy move. It's going to be a challenging season for him. I know we want a coach to be a good coach but I think it's important that he's a likeable kinda guy too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Stevens and His Letter

If he is an effective leader, efficient, creative and successful then he may not need to be "likable".  I'm not sure if Bill B. is all that likeable, but he is universally respected.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Coach needs to be respected by the players before anything...  thats earned the same as being the leader of the team...  it cant be annointed

Its not gonna be easy. Stevens is a college coach and young, not many have done well in the NBA// On the bright side, the C's are a younger team without many prima donas, save for one very big one.

Likeable is what Doc was to his starters, but thats unimportant as Doc proved...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I remember watching a game when I still lived in Boston and listening to Mike & Tommy do the broadcast. Mike was asking Tommy if Patino had asked for any help, advice, or just visits to have talks with the team from any of the old players that are still around. The answer was "no" of course, and he (Tommy) couldn't understand why Patino didn't tap all the knowledge he had at his fingertips. Patino was one arrogant SOB. Stevens is already showing his worth. The Celtics have a HUGE well of knowledge to drink from, with all the alumni. What knowledgable person wouldn't use it? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Good points about likeability. I think it helped Doc though. Another guy would have not have handled the Big 3 as well. Remember a lot of people gave him praise for how much he got that team really playing for each other. 

Likeability...man oh man, I can't believe it's come to this :) Must be a tanking year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

Good points about likeability. I think it helped Doc though. Another guy would have not have handled the Big 3 as well. Remember a lot of people gave him praise for how much he got that team really playing for each other. 

Likeability...man oh man, I can't believe it's come to this :) Must be a tanking year!

Stevens sent the letter for information "tidbits" but more importantly to show RESPEST to former players to earn their trust.  Since former players have a wealth of experience who knows what pearls may drop in his lap. These former players are part of the 18 banners and represent a potential resource and at the very  least represent  a support system. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Yeah, Stevens showed Class and Respect.  Good traits.  

Sections
Shortcuts