Stevens Monitoring at Rondo's Statistics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Stevens Monitoring at Rondo's Statistics?

In late 2012, just before Rondo's injury, Hollinger had Rondo statistically rated 21st among PGs in the NBA.  

Now back from injury, Rondo is curently rated 68th (or third from last) among all PG/G in the NBA, with a PER of 6.58, which is ironically one position BELOW Pressey.  By comparison, Fav has a 11.49 PER and Wallace has 9.97 PER.

Granted, Rondo needs time to regain his strength, conditioning and shooting "touch".  But it will be interesting to monitor his progress and see if he can regain his magic and return to his pre-injury ranking in the top 20s by the end of the year.   

Did somebody say Max contract?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Re: Stevens Monitoring at Rondo's Statistics?

I have a lot of admiration for Rondo. He was a central figure in our last championship and most of the deep playoff runs. One of the broadcasters on last night's game I think said it best when he was stating that he didn't think that Rondo plays at a level to be the main guy around which to build a championship. His key point was regarding shooting. The opinion expressed was that even if someone gets the team 12 assists per night, he cannot be the leader on a championship team if he is not a consistent threat with the jumpshot. I am very grateful for Rondo's contributions but I increasingly find him to be too predictable and believe that we should use him in a package to find our next franchise player.  I think he could again be a valuable option with all-stars around him but a go-to guy he is not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In late 2012, just before Rondo's injury, Hollinger had Rondo statistically rated 21st among PGs in the NBA.  

Now back from injury, Rondo is curently rated 68th (or third from last) among all PG/G in the NBA, with a PER of 6.58, which is ironically one position BELOW Pressey.  By comparison, Fav has a 11.49 PER and Wallace has 9.97 PER.

Granted, Rondo needs time to regain his strength, conditioning and shooting "touch".  But it will be interesting to monitor his progress and see if he can regain his magic and return to his pre-injury ranking in the top 20s by the end of the year.   

Did somebody say Max contract?  

Please keep in mind the Celtics are one of the most stats invested organizations in the league and go far beyond what information you are able to get off espn. Hollinger himself has admitted PER is a flawed stat. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

T minus 24 days and counting... that ham sandwich is starting to look pretty good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

PER is a useful stat, but it doesnt take in to  account for defense, and ppg which is the easiest stat to help increase  PER is something rondo doesnt do a lot of so his PER is effected negatively. 

Even as a big rondo fan, I also heard what barry was saying on air yesterday during the game that he cant be your #1 and I tend to agree with that sentiment. But #1 for what? a playoff team? or a championship team? Even Lebron James the best player in the planet couldnt do it alone. And even with both bosh and dwade he struggled to get there. 

I believe rondo can be your best player and he can lead you to 1st or 2nd round exits like many of todays stars.  If thats not good enough then you need to blow it up and trade rondo be horrible for 2-3 years and draft high in the lottery and hope to get 1 or 2 of those players like durant/westbrook  paul george/hibbert , stephen curry/klay thompson. Thats really your only chance if your not in a favorable free agent hot spot.  This plan is  ok with me but the problem is I dont think with rondo coming off a knee injuryhe is going to net you a lottery pick (not a high one anway). The best approach would to be to let rondo fully heal , play with stevens sytem for a while and re examine it NEXT YEARS trade deadline.  Then DA can make a better decision and rondo would have rebuilt his trade value, or he plays so well that da fully believes he is a cornerstone player to build around and is fully worth max contract deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Keep Rondo here the rest of the season:

Rondo + Q4s = Parker, Embiid, or Wiggins

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The only stat he should monitor is MPG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

T minus 24 days and counting... that ham sandwich is starting to look pretty good.

Yawn. Looks like he is here today. Better luck tommorow. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

PER is a useful stat, but it doesnt take in to  account for defense, and ppg which is the easiest stat to help increase  PER is something rondo doesnt do a lot of so his PER is effected negatively. 

Even as a big rondo fan, I also heard what barry was saying on air yesterday during the game that he cant be your #1 and I tend to agree with that sentiment. But #1 for what? a playoff team? or a championship team? Even Lebron James the best player in the planet couldnt do it alone. And even with both bosh and dwade he struggled to get there. 

I believe rondo can be your best player and he can lead you to 1st or 2nd round exits like many of todays stars.  If thats not good enough then you need to blow it up and trade rondo be horrible for 2-3 years and draft high in the lottery and hope to get 1 or 2 of those players like durant/westbrook  paul george/hibbert , stephen curry/klay thompson. Thats really your only chance if your not in a favorable free agent hot spot.  This plan is  ok with me but the problem is I dont think with rondo coming off a knee injuryhe is going to net you a lottery pick (not a high one anway). The best approach would to be to let rondo fully heal , play with stevens sytem for a while and re examine it NEXT YEARS trade deadline.  Then DA can make a better decision and rondo would have rebuilt his trade value, or he plays so well that da fully believes he is a cornerstone player to build around and is fully worth max contract deal.

Not true.

PER does measure the defensive catagories of: steals, blocked shots. and points allowed.

and PER absolutely measures PPG (points per game).  in fact, in Rondo's favor, because it rewards inefficient shooters like Rondo by not factoring layups vs outside shots.  

If you look at the list of leading PERs scores, you will find the best players in the NBA at the top.  Maybe some players could slip a few points in value for subjective contributions, but its generally an accurate assessment of any player. 

Sections
Shortcuts