stevens wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

stevens wallace

we know stevens is a verry good coach why does he play wallace so much 19 minutes 3 rebounds 0 pts as i have said before it like the other team has 5 men playing us we have 4     does anybody have an opinion

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeD10299. Show MikeD10299's posts

Re: stevens wallace

The guy is a cancer to the team, he contributes nothing. Can you imagine how much more moaning you would hear if Stevens sat him down. If I had my way I would send him home with Bogans.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I want the media to stop interviewing him. He's virtually worthless the way he is playing. This is worse than being stuck with Scal all those years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want the media to stop interviewing him. He's virtually worthless the way he is playing. This is worse than being stuck with Scal all those years.

[/QUOTE]
    Please.D,ont compare Wallace with Scalabrine.Scal was a good bench player,gave his best when called upon,and  he was a perfect teamate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Please.D,ont compare Wallace with Scalabrine.Scal was a good bench player,gave his best when called upon,and  he was a perfect teamate.

[/QUOTE]

i'm surprised by this. do people not think wallace gives a good effort when he's on the court? i see him working hard as consistently as pretty much anyone on the team. i'm surprised by how rarely it results in points but i've had no problem with the effort.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

chetgnat, I don't see Wallace working hard on the offensive end.  To me, working hard includes being aggressive looking for your chot.  It means putting pressure on your opponent and making him defend you.

He does not do that.  Wallace rarely looks for his chot.  I could see if he contributed 8/9 rebounds and 6 assists but he's doing nothing.  The mere fact that he's just not involving himself in the offense shows me he's not working hard.  He gets open shots, he's oftentimes in mismatches from pick and rolls but he still doesn't take advantage and choot the ball.

It's like he just refuses to fully engage offensively - sortof like what Jeff Green does in spurts but Wallace does it for entire games when he's in.

And I have to believe that Wallace has been told to choot the ball more but he just doesn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

chetgnat, I don't see Wallace working hard on the offensive end.  To me, working hard includes being aggressive looking for your chot.  It means putting pressure on your opponent and making him defend you.

He does not do that.  Wallace rarely looks for his chot.  I could see if he contributed 8/9 rebounds and 6 assists but he's doing nothing.  The mere fact that he's just not involving himself in the offense shows me he's not working hard.  He gets open shots, he's oftentimes in mismatches from pick and rolls but he still doesn't take advantage and choot the ball.

It's like he just refuses to fully engage offensively - sortof like what Jeff Green does in spurts but Wallace does it for entire games when he's in.

And I have to believe that Wallace has been told to choot the ball more but he just doesn't.

[/QUOTE]

i guess i assume differently, that he's not being encouraged offensively at all because that's not really what he's good at, at least not at this point. Green has to produce offensively because that's his role and otherwise he's almost useless (although he does have a spurt per game where he cranks it up, fights on D and gets a block or steal). but Wallace as far as i can tell is there to battle defensively and fight for rebounds on both ends.

i guess i just don't expect Wallace to choot so i'm not surprised when he doesn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I see where you're coming from but Wallace is a career 12.5 points and 6 rebounds per game player.  That obviously doesn't mean he's in Boston to get those numbers.  But he is here to provide some energy, offensively and defensively, off the bench.

Wallace, even at this stage in his career, is still capable of moving without the ball, posting up, slashing for an occasional basket here and there.  I think I heard Tommy say he's scored in double figures only twice this season.  With the offensive struggles of this team by the young guys, there is no way Wallace isn't expected to produce more.  He's producing NOTHING offensively.

Coaches talk with players to clearly define their roles and I am sure Stevens has encouraged him to put up more chots.  Stevens even does that with Oly DURING games - tells him to choot the ball.  I'm sure he's told the same to Wallace.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Wallace is not worn out , he could do better.  He refuses to do much on offence other than pass the ball.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

romneywins, that's my view.  I mean, last year, he virtually took the season off because the ball went to Brooks, Williams and Joe Johnson.  I can see not getting involved offensively with the Nets.

But he just refuses to involve himself here.  He's brooding.  He's upset that he's here and won't put in the effort to produce more offensively.

That's his choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

romneywins, that's my view.  I mean, last year, he virtually took the season off because the ball went to Brooks, Williams and Joe Johnson.  I can see not getting involved offensively with the Nets.

But he just refuses to involve himself here.  He's brooding.  He's upset that he's here and won't put in the effort to produce more offensively.

That's his choice.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, Petey.  If he wants out, he's going about it the wrong way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wallace is a veteran. You would think that he knows the way to get out of Boston.  He knows that his contract is an obstacle so he can play his tail off, contibute on the statsheet, show veteran leadership in the face of the team's struggles, mentor the young guys and be positive.  In spite of his albatross contract, that might not even be enough and I think he knows that.

So, again being a veteran, he knows his only recourse is to biyotch and moan to the point where the Celtics buy him out so he can be a FA and join any team of his choosing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

Wallace is a veteran. You would think that he knows the way to get out of Boston.  He knows that his contract is an obstacle so he can play his tail off, contibute on the statsheet, show veteran leadership in the face of the team's struggles, mentor the young guys and be positive.  In spite of his albatross contract, that might not even be enough and I think he knows that.

So, again being a veteran, he knows his only recourse is to biyotch and moan to the point where the Celtics buy him out so he can be a FA and join any team of his choosing.

[/QUOTE]

I would be okay with a buyout......but perhaps he realizes his skills have deteriorated as well, and he just wants to quit playing.  I'd have more respect for him in that case!

Sections
Shortcuts