2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Re: Stiemsma to Start Tonight

And it begins...shocking I tell ya

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Bass will get more min tonight as KG will spend a few min at the 5 and Bass at the 4  he may get 20 to 22 min

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Stiemsma is the man!! Play also JJ Johnson!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Stiemsma to Start Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Start Bass as well.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

if you mean for KG your dreaming.  Bass is doing just fine where he is. See no reason to change it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Steamer in the starting lineup reminds me of Erden last year when they put him in with Shaq hurt.  Erden played will with the starters.  Steamer did too.  I wish they would continue to start him and give him as many minutes as possible.  The outside shot is just a very nice bonus I didn't know he had.

They said something tonight about him being second in the league in blocks behind Howard, then said something about the minutes both have played and the total amount of blocks. It was mind boggling the difference in total blocks vs the total minutes.    I don't think he is a flash in the pan either.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stiemsma to Start Tonight : Bass is a better rebounder. And no team has ever won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds a game. I heard that somewhere.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Got to give it to you, that was a good one.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stiemsma to Start Tonight : Bass is a better rebounder. And no team has ever won a championship averaging less than 40 rebounds a game. I heard that somewhere.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Still you are saying after game 6 that you think bass is better than a hall of famer who was second in defensive player of the year voting behind dwight howard last year? Not ready to make that leap just yet. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stiemsma to Start Tonight : Anyway, Bass starting over KG will not happen this season. Maybe next season but definitely not this year. So don't get your hopes up.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I think the Cs should try KG or Allen coming off the bench. It will allow a young player more experience, build confidence and strengthen the team overall. Having Garnett come off the bench also allows him to remain fresh and strengthen the second unit with Rondo. The big 3 can't continue to log long minutes this season. Have one come in off the bench. It keeps both units fresh and gives the youth a chance to shine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Antiqueman,
    Doc needs to juggle his line ups and use younger players throughout every game this season.  If he doesn't we will be putting the younger ones out there later in the year when the vets are exhausted or injured. He seems to fight it and who knows if he will ever embrace it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]Antiqueman, Doc needs to juggle his line ups and use younger players throughout every game this season.  If he doesn't we will be putting the younger ones out there later in the year when the vets are exhausted or injured. He seems to fight it and who knows if he will ever embrace it.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I don't know why Doc fights it. They can't get better unless they play. We know what the big 3 can do, but with old legs they will do less. The team will only get better the more he plays and believes in the young guys. And of course they will only get better the more action they see. If the Cs want to compete, they will have to play their youth period.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Antiqueman, I agree with you.  Stiemsma is proof of that theory.  When you put the guy out there with the starters, he will settle in and make some plays.  He'll still make rookie mistakes but he'll learn and develop quicker and he just might add some energy.  Stiemsma's jump shot looked sharp and he got alot of confidence playing.  If Doc continued to play him more and more, he could develop into a solid, serviceable center.

I believe the same holds true for JJJ and EM.  They may develop at a different pace than Stiemsma (slower or faster) but I believe they would provide some positive energy if given that opportunity.

We have this expectation that during garbage time, which is basically the only time they get, they should make 3 straight jump shots and play lockdown defense but it's just not going to happen.  I think we can afford to put Moore in for Ray and JJJ in for Bass with KG playing center during the game - 2nd quarter stretch or something.  I'd even say that the next time we get up by 20 before halftime, that's the time to do it.