Stiemsma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Stiemsma

My new favorite player!  Looks like the kid can play a little, blocks some shots, a little offenseive game, rebounds, decent screens and runs the floor. 

Looks like he doesnt take cheap fouls too - which is nice for a big man...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Stiemsma

I'd love to see this guy succeed on the Celtics.  We desperately need an inside presence.  I hope he develops quickly and Doc takes every opportunity to work him into the system early in the season.  Let's see what he's got.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Seems like a pretty smart player - good team chemistry/intangibles type guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

He's not afraid to stick his nose in and get it dirty.

A nice find. Has that lean and hungry look to him.

Keep it up, kiddo.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

He's not afraid to stick his nose in and get it dirty.

Hmmm, that sounds like somebody we all know, all too well: the most hated poster on the BDC.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Stiemsma:
    [QUOTE]- He's not afraid to stick his nose in and get it dirty. Hmmm, that sounds like somebody we all know, all too well: the most hated poster on the BDC.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

And the most feared!

The proofs in the puddin... the proofs in the puddin!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

this Stiemsma kid has promise. KG likes him so thats a good sign.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I'm pleased with Greg Stiemsma as well. He should definitely make the Opening Day roster ahead of the other camp fodder. I'm interested in knowing whether he can consistently hit the mid-range jumper he made tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

IF Doc plays him... and this year I think he'll have to.

He's big and he'll only get better.

This will be an interesting year for Doc. He's going to have to play the hand Danny dealt him. With so many new faces, and no training camp or pre-season, it's going to be scrambled eggs out there for a while.

This is good. The newbies should get a chance to develop, while the vets gradually play themselves into shape. He would have been tempted to sit this kid and go with a vet, otherwise.

With minutes and a cheer-leading coach, this kid could become a tiger.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from champs08. Show champs08's posts

I like him too! He didn't seem surprised when he made the plays last night. He sure doesn't take ten seconds to "gather" himself before he shoots the ball like our former Center.

Doc will have to trust the youngsters this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Best thing I can say about him in a limited viewing is that he is active. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let's not get carried away.  He looks like he should stick with the team.  Will he help us win against the Heat and Knicks? Probably not.  His shot seems suspect we will see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

GREAT PICKUP, DANNY !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]IF Doc plays him... and this year I think he'll have to. He's big and he'll only get better. This will be an interesting year for Doc. He's going to have to play the hand Danny dealt him. With so many new faces, and no training camp or pre-season, it's going to be scrambled eggs out there for a while. This is good. The newbies should get a chance to develop, while the vets gradually play themselves into shape. He would have been tempted to sit this kid and go with a vet, otherwise. With minutes and a cheer-leading coach, this kid could become a tiger.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]
    Age and Jeff Green's absence my finally force Doc to overcome his distaste for giving  young players enough time to develop some game over the course of the regular season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

keeper

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

You guys crack me up!!  There is one reason, and one reason only Doc does not play rookies - THEY CAN'T PLAY!!!!  Honest to God, Lester Hudson, Bill Walker, JR Giddens, Luke Harangody, Avery Bradley?  PLEASE!!  He played Rondo and Perk, Davis and Semih.  Think Kyrie Irving would play on this team?  How about Blake Griffin?  IF they are any good, they will play - if not, they will sit!!
    I am really sick of reading this - it is just not true!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]You guys crack me up!!  There is one reason, and one reason only Doc does not play rookies - THEY CAN'T PLAY!!!!  Honest to God, Lester Hudson, Bill Walker, JR Giddens, Luke Harangody, Avery Bradley?  PLEASE!!  He played Rondo and Perk, Davis and Semih.  Think Kyrie Irving would play on this team?  How about Blake Griffin?  IF they are any good, they will play - if not, they will sit!! I am really sick of reading this - it is just not true!

Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

-

Amen, Sir.

-

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stiemsma : Actually it is true. Doc played Jefferson, Perkins, and Rondo behind lesser players when they were rookies.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Rondo played in 78 games his rookie year, starting 25 and averaging 23.5 mins per game.  He played and started 77 his second year!
    As an 18 year old, Jefferson played in 71  games his first year, averaging 14.8 mins per game.  He was a starter by his third year at age 20.
    Perkins rode the pine as a 19 year old rookie, but by the age of 21, his third year, he was averaging 20 mins per game.

Please don't split hairs with me on the difference between "rookie" and "young guy."  JJJ is 22, and a rookie, as is Moore.  Clearly, he has played teenagers before, once they earn their way on the court.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtics cut Sweetney, Gilbert Brown and Jamal (something) so that leaves Stiemsma on the roster.  And we currently are set for the moment at 14 roster players.

Good job Stiemsma!  Keep working because you can be a very important surprise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

Sure, he could block some shots in the NBA during garbage time and maybe against weaker teams, but he needs about two years in the weight room and a semblance of an offensive game. No different than Semih Erden. Doc might be forced to play him because they are ridiculously thin at the center position, but no way this kid can hang when they get into serious games against real teams. Best result would be he's capable of eating up ten minutes and gives them three fouls. Wishing for anything more is folly. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

10 minutes and 3 fouls will do.

A Greg Kite would fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

He is 28 years old and has paid his dues for several years in the NBDL, so he is not some raw, untested rookie. He seems to have the maturity and understanding of his talents (and limitations), and is willing to accept whatever role given him. That alone makes him a valuable commodity off the bench. Given JO's precarious health situation and Wilcox's natural fit at PF, look for the "kid" to be given some regular minutes in the rotation. I, for one, expect him to exceed expectations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Sure, he could block some shots in the NBA during garbage time and maybe against weaker teams, but he needs about two years in the weight room and a semblance of an offensive game. No different than Semih Erden. Doc might be forced to play him because they are ridiculously thin at the center position, but no way this kid can hang when they get into serious games against real teams. Best result would be he's capable of eating up ten minutes and gives them three fouls. Wishing for anything more is folly. 
    Posted by bt33[/QUOTE]
    No different than Semih Erden? Great!! Erden should not have been given to Cleveland.

Sections
Shortcuts