Still just one concern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Still just one concern

To be honest, i've moved on from the notion of being overly worried about injuries to the veterans as they've held up decently well over the past few seasons as a group. Still a little worried about getting beaten on the glass however, as it seems as though in spite of victories, they are still losing the battle for the boards on a decently consistant basis. Now I understand that they are still winning games in spite of this, and I am completely happy with that, but we all know it was lack of rebounding which cost this team a championship last June and would really hate for it to cost them again down the road come playoff time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Still just one concern

MinniSoxFan, I have to agree with you.  We are winning games while losing the rebound battle but we're winning the games against teams we WON'T see in June.

We need to be able to tough it out against Bynum and Gasol and I can't wait til Sunday to see how we respond.

We just don't face bigs with the skills that Bynum and Gasol possess.  Bynum and Gasol will score too so losing the rebounding battle against LA would result in more points by those guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

KG and Paul don't box out on defense. Perk does and that's why having him back matters a lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

if Tommy is worried about it maybe we should be. Doc said in an interview he doesn't worry to much about the offensive rebounds because he wants them back on defense. He does get mad when they don't get defensive rebounds.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm not too concerned about the Lakers because if you think about who they have as bigs Gasol, Bynum and Odom...maybe Ratliff later. We're still on with KG, Perk, Shaq, BBD and Erden.

I don't worry about the rebounds. I worry about the bench getting more consistent. Yes I will wait for West and it should be better when he comes back. If the bench plays with consistency we'll be in the Finals barring a major injury.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

To see if winning the battle on the glass becomes a more common trend is something I'll be watching very closely as the season goes on, especially as Perk regains stability on that knee. I agree with everyone one here as his box out skills and toughness down low will be invaluable down the stretch.

Sections
Shortcuts