STILL NO MO GO FOR JO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: SO NO MO GO FOR JO?

One poster even wanted KG to retire so that KG will not become a vegetable because of leg injuries. Can you believe that?

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to SO NO MO GO FOR JO?:
    [QUOTE]Did any of u doomers watch the game today? yep, i bet there are teams lining up to pick up this bum some of you seem to think JO is... the guy is a GREAT help defender, has size and can still block and alter shots. just because one is hurt does not mean they are weak or have no heart. the guy has a lot of heart and is really dedicated. if doc can just keep from playing him another 30 minutes and have him around for when kg and perk get back this team will be ready to peak. jo is the guy to be on the floor in crunch time along with nate or delonte at the point. by the end of the season, most will be honored to have jo on this team!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

You're joking about this post right?? Let's not get carried away. WOW!

He played good in his minutes but he has a LONG way to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: SO NO MO GO FOR JO?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to SO NO MO GO FOR JO? : You're joking about this post right?? Let's not get carried away. WOW! He played good in his minutes but he has a LONG way to go.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Give us an honest answer, who do you prefer the Celtics have right now, Mikki Moore or Jermaine O'Neal? 

Please answer honestly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

No Marcus Camby  :-)

Now give me an honest answer. Do you know how to have an intelligent conversation? Make that a New Year's resolution please??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]No Marcus Camby  :-) Now give me an honest answer. Do you know how to have an intelligent conversation? Make that a New Year's resolution please??

Are you really that dumb! I asked you a question, who do you prefer to be on the Celtics right now, Mikki Moore or JO?

Can't you understand a simple question?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

One game does not make a trend, however, one game does give us encouragement.  I'm encouraged that JON has gotten better with each game he's been back.  He was TERRIBLE the first game, bad the second game, and decent the 3rd game.   He may yet surprise us as he gets more and more games under  his belt.  He's better at the end of games than Shaq as he won't foul as much and can play help D (and shoots better free throws traditionally).   

I just want to give him that 30 day period to prove himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Don't forget that until now JO is still the Celtics' leading shot blocker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Smiling - good point.  

FYI, Bias - in Camby vs JON, you could have a point - Camby's might be better at this stage.  But, your Camby argument came from BBD vs Camby and on that one - I'd rather have BBD, even with his bad game yesterday.   You can't change midstream and compare Camby vs JON when that's not what your trade post proposed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Go back and look at the trade proposal. I never said it was Camby vs BBD. THe trade had JON and BBD leaving town and bringing in Camby with Perk coming back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I will stand corrected if I mis-interpreted your proposal and its key elements.  But, here's your post:

Here's my proposal:

TO HOUSTON: BBD, JON and Fernandez
    Houston get's expiring deals and can buyout JON

TO PORTLAND: Brad Miller, Bradley and Battier
    Blazers get a C in Miller to replace Oden and Camby and get some defense.

TO BOSTON: Camby
    C's get a backup C and PF. They can use Camby in many ways but he brings more defense at the rim.

I know I know..."we can't trade BBD, he's our best bench player" I can hear it already. I would take Camby's defense and size over BBD all day everyday.

Now, by that last line, I think most of us assume you are really comparing BBD vs Camby....not JON vs Camby and that you want Camby as your backup rather than BBD.   Should I go get other quotes in the same thread to show you where you were arguing Camby vs BBD???  JON was a throw in, but your main focus was to get Camby rather than BBD.

Are you changing your position on this?  I will stand corrected if your intent is to keep BBD and have Camby replace JON.  I don't think you have ONE PLACE where you said "I would keep BBD if I could and just get rid of JON for Camby".  Instead, your arguments were about how much better Camby was than BBD.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Go back and look at the trade proposal. I never said it was Camby vs BBD. THe trade had JON and BBD leaving town and bringing in Camby with Perk coming back.

You still haven't answered my question. Right now, who do you prefer the Celtics have, JO or Mikki Moore?

It's a simple question, I don't understand why you're evading it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SO NO MO GO FOR JO? : You still haven't answered my question. Right now, who do you prefer the Celtics have, JO or Mikki Moore? It's a simple question, I don't understand why you're evading it.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]some of you guys sound nutssss.. of course i would take JO hands down over mikki moore.. and y would any same GM trade bbd and jo for ready to be hurt, can only block and rebound shots CAMBY ESP WHEN HE MAKES almost 12M at age 36? just dumbbb! when HEALTHY, jo does the same things and he is in at under 6m for the next 2 seasons... its barely january. lets c how all this plays out. if jo is healthy, its a no=brainer you stick with him. doc and ainge arent morons, they have an idea of what kind of injury jo has. do you know how often doc was as a player? jo just has to play thru some pain at worse. he has proven that he can esp come playoff time and if he is playing around 15 minutes tops. with baby, i would not trade him one on one for camby... he has weaknesses like every other player but his strengths and upside are higher than anything camby has ever done. you still need to put the ball in the hoop. baby does that better than camby on his worse days. lets see how things are come trade deadline period burying jo.. baby has already prven his worth esp at the power forward position! with shaq, perk and even semih around or sheed, no need for bb to be playing too much center esp at the end of games!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Salaries have to match up dumbos. There is no way you can trade BBD for Camby straight up. Why would I even suggest it, that's why I included JON. If you think we can get good production from JON for the next few years, you're kidding yourself. We have to hope he retires like Sheed did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy11. Show celticsboy11's posts

In Response to SO NO MO GO FOR JO?:
    [QUOTE]Did any of u doomers watch the game today? yep, i bet there are teams lining up to pick up this bum some of you seem to think JO is... the guy is a GREAT help defender, has size and can still block and alter shots. just because one is hurt does not mean they are weak or have no heart. the guy has a lot of heart and is really dedicated. if doc can just keep from playing him another 30 minutes and have him around for when kg and perk get back this team will be ready to peak. jo is the guy to be on the floor in crunch time along with nate or delonte at the point. by the end of the season, most will be honored to have jo on this team!
    Posted by KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

So Kool Aid, one dam game, AT HOME and now you think the Loafer is a stud on the rebound. Please, you're no different then any poster on here who goes by a 1 game  view. Talk to me after at least 5 games, especially playing an away game or two, thats when the Loafer really shines his worthlessness.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Salaries have to match up dumbos. There is no way you can trade BBD for Camby straight up. Why would I even suggest it, that's why I included JON. If you think we can get good production from JON for the next few years, you're kidding yourself. We have to hope he retires like Sheed did.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE] i meant i wouldnt trsade them one for one if their salaries matched up, just based on skillsets and talent level... heck even if they were the same age... i frankly wouldnt trade jo for ANYONE out there at this point. yep, perhaps for tyson chandler but i dont think the salaries matchCool... bias, its too early either way to call him a bust or boon.. lets c how it plays out during this month. if he is healthy, he WILLL be productive... period! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

There are some guys that no matter what they do some fans won't like them. Last year it was Sheed, the year before it was Marbury. Sometimes it's the other way around, like Scal. Fans loved Scal and he never did a thing but fans liked him. I was beginning to like TA more and more but I knew he would take the money and run just like I believe BBD will do. I've gained respect for a guy like Nate. He came in as a knucklehead, changed his game and knew his role and stayed because he found a role that was good for him on a winning team. He didn't just go for the money.

I'm on record with my stance on JON. Sorry I just think he's going to show is true colors of not stepping up when we really need him. If he proves me wrong I will be the first to eat crow.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bias,
    Do you look at players from a value stand point?  BBD is worth more in the market right now than Camby by quite a bit.  I know the JON part is so the deal can be done money wise but don't you care about value.  This is not Gasol for Kwame Brown's salary and a bag of balls.  You have got a real good player BBD going for a limited, injury prone,old, and overpriced player like Camby.  None of what you say could be done unless it is JON and some draft picks even then the salaries won't match up.  You don't like BBD fine but he has real value right now, a lot more than Camby.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Bias, Do you look at players from a value stand point?  BBD is worth more in the market right now than Camby by quite a bit.  I know the JON part is so the deal can be done money wise but don't you care about value.  This is not Gasol for Kwame Brown's salary and a bag of balls.  You have got a real good player BBD going for a limited, injury prone,old, and overpriced player like Camby.  None of what you say could be done unless it is JON and some draft picks even then the salaries won't match up.  You don't like BBD fine but he has real value right now, a lot more than Camby.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Concord27, I do look at value but I don't OVERVALUE a guy. It's like selling your car, furniture, etc. YOU tend to value it more than someone else may value it. 3 teams are trying to get Camby now, that's a demand in my opinion.

You're not bringing a guy like Camby in to start or play big minutes. I would look at him like when the C's signed Bill Walton. He's just a piece to the puzzle not the foundation. If BBD were signed for multiple years when he signed his last contract we would have to live with it but I just don't think Ainge is going to overvalue BBD.

Ainge has a track record and that's what I'm going on. What is the track record you're going on??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am going to go out on limb and say DA will sign BBD.  And I take part of your argument as my rationale with a different point of view.  BBD is home grown like the car or furniture we have at home and he will as Rondo take a little less to stay if they give him the chance in the next few months.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

2 THINGS THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN:

1. MIKKI MOORE SIGNING WITH THE CELTICS

2. MARCUS CAMBY COMING TO THE CELTICS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"THe trade had JON and BBD leaving town and bringing in Camby with Perk coming back."

And it was a seriously dumb trade idea. A few more good weeks of JON play and we can talk about trading Camby for JON straight up. Now THAT is something I would listen to...but JON would need to really improve for that to be a possibility. You don't trade a young player (Baby) for a gimped up old dude, we have enough of those. You were ready to throw in JON like a bag of balls before he had a chance to play in a few games post-injury. He has value to our team and we're seeing it now. 

Your trade ideas are entertaining and I seem to recall a couple good ones but this one was WAY off. You never trade something when its value is low (JON) unless you are desperate (which we aren't). And, you never worry about trading some you may not be able to re-sign (Baby) when you are in the midst of an all-or-nothing championship run. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Go back and look at the trade proposal. I never said it was Camby vs BBD. THe trade had JON and BBD leaving town and bringing in Camby with Perk coming back.

Two bigs for a old and expensive and injury prone big man.  Surely you jest.  It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The BBD Fan Club is alive and kicking again.We'll see, let's give it a week. I bet you'll will be calling for his head.

I wonder why no one said OLD when they're talking about Shaq, PP, RA and KG?? Aren't these guys suppose to be old??

Camby is STILL better than BBD is right now. I would do the trade and laugh at the matchup between BBD and Camby.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The BBD Fan Club is alive and kicking again.We'll see, let's give it a week. I bet you'll will be calling for his head. I wonder why no one said OLD when they're talking about Shaq, PP, RA and KG?? Aren't these guys suppose to be old?? Camby is STILL better than BBD is right now. I would do the trade and laugh at the matchup between BBD and Camby.

You would do the trade but you're not the GM of the Boston Celtics. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

JO had another solid game, did you doomers notice? he is playing lots of minutes, rebounding and blocking shots. his timing is still a bit off but the guy is getting better. yep for you babay haters, he almost had a triple double.. when was the last time camby did that? or came even close?