Strange comments from the Rondo interview?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Strange comments from the Rondo interview?

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to tomobo's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Rondo whatever mood he is in, if healthy would have been just what we needed tonight.  It is called a match up problem. Green and Rondo are both match up problems. A shame with KG and Pierce there is a chance they will never all be healthy again.

Realistically, one could posit Rondo also is frequently mismatched when he plays his matador style defense. If you're giving as good as you get its basically a wash. I think the question is not whether or not Rondo(& anybody else) is better than our current unsteady backcourt, but whether his presense makes us a significantly better team. I think after a 20-23 record w/ him & a 20-16 record w/out him it has become clear that he's not that much of a game changer. Seriously, shouldn't our record be significantly worse w/out him? Especially w/ the loss of Sully as well(our only real post presence). If Sully were healthy, his loss would be even  more marginal. Couple that w/ a less than 100% effort expended in the regular season(he's saving himself for the wedding) leaves us w/out home court advantage in the playoffs and eventual extinction. Even in the glorious Bird era we needed home court to win. He's not worth the glory bestowed upon him. And his attitude is just de-icing on the cake...

so are you saying Derrick Rose doesnt make the Bulls much better either?

Thank you for allowing me this slam dunk opportunity. First of all, responding with a question about a entirely different player does not usually convey a position of strength. To compare a MVP winning player that vaulted his team to a 62 game season (his last full healthy season) whose current team will be lucky to win 45 games(43 wins) to Rondo(who wouldn't even be in all-star consideration if he were in the West) is laughable. To say that this point is irrelevant is dismissing the fact that the MVP is for the entire league.. A winning percentage difference of .756 to .544 is hugely significant. If this is really all you have to say about my original post than don't mind me hanging on the rim a little longer...

interesting. also interesting that you are choosing to ignore the fact that Rondo has led his team through the playoffs since the 09 season. Without Rondo do we make it past Chicago in 09? Do we go to the finals in 2010? Do we take Miami to 7 games in the ECF last year? Are you suggesting that Rondo wasnt at the forefront of those accomplishments? 

Rondo has been the best playoff performer in the NBA the last 5 years. People that choose to ignore that are insane.

Best in the NBA? He has been good, but the Best? What are you smokin?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

that's a bold statement from jamez as someone's bound to have been better. so then who?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

that's a bold statement from jamez as someone's bound to have been better. so then who?

What accomplishments? Yes, Rondo has been the best playoff performer since 09. But not good enough. The Celtics & Lakers are not satisfied w/ anything less than championships. Last time I checked I was still a Celtic's fan. W/ the Laker's breathing down our necks for overall ring's you want to cuddle some underachieving automon for best performance during the playoffs w/out a ring? Because he looks good doing it? What the funk?. What concerns me is the end product. I guess your satisfied w/ him being an all-star of the weakened eastern conference. Good for you. If he had helped given us home court during the regular and then fell short during the playoffs from exhaustion then I would be there slapping his buttocks way before your daily dosage. If y'all enjoy being a runner up so much become a Laker fan. They're the best @ it. The difference between us is that I evidently like rings while you're satisfied w/ chains. The big, bright shiny kind. This years model will be smaller and no doubt less shiny. But a chain nonetheless...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Care to comment on the interview, Jamez?

Pud

Apparently Jamez would not care to comment on the recent interview.

Understandable considering this emotional basket case of an NBA PG couldn't put together a complete sentence about team loyalty w/o contradicting himself at least once... sometimes twice.

Reminds me of.... ahem....  Jamez.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo is Rondo..Rondo is about Rondo...Can you say "the writing is on the wall"...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Rondo whatever mood he is in, if healthy would have been just what we needed tonight.  It is called a match up problem. Green and Rondo are both match up problems. A shame with KG and Pierce there is a chance they will never all be healthy again.

Realistically, one could posit Rondo also is frequently mismatched when he plays his matador style defense. If you're giving as good as you get its basically a wash. I think the question is not whether or not Rondo(& anybody else) is better than our current unsteady backcourt, but whether his presense makes us a significantly better team. I think after a 20-23 record w/ him & a 20-16 record w/out him it has become clear that he's not that much of a game changer. Seriously, shouldn't our record be significantly worse w/out him? Especially w/ the loss of Sully as well(our only real post presence). If Sully were healthy, his loss would be even  more marginal. Couple that w/ a less than 100% effort expended in the regular season(he's saving himself for the wedding) leaves us w/out home court advantage in the playoffs and eventual extinction. Even in the glorious Bird era we needed home court to win. He's not worth the glory bestowed upon him. And his attitude is just de-icing on the cake...

so are you saying Derrick Rose doesnt make the Bulls much better either?

Thank you for allowing me this slam dunk opportunity. First of all, responding with a question about a entirely different player does not usually convey a position of strength. To compare a MVP winning player that vaulted his team to a 62 game season (his last full healthy season) whose current team will be lucky to win 45 games(43 wins) to Rondo(who wouldn't even be in all-star consideration if he were in the West) is laughable. To say that this point is irrelevant is dismissing the fact that the MVP is for the entire league.. A winning percentage difference of .756 to .544 is hugely significant. If this is really all you have to say about my original post than don't mind me hanging on the rim a little longer...

interesting. also interesting that you are choosing to ignore the fact that Rondo has led his team through the playoffs since the 09 season. Without Rondo do we make it past Chicago in 09? Do we go to the finals in 2010? Do we take Miami to 7 games in the ECF last year? Are you suggesting that Rondo wasnt at the forefront of those accomplishments? 

Rondo has been the best playoff performer in the NBA the last 5 years. People that choose to ignore that are insane.

Best in the NBA? He has been good, but the Best? What are you smokin?

you can shut me up by naming someone thats been CONSISTENTLY a better performer than Rondo since 2009 in the playoffs. Ill wait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

What accomplishments? Yes, Rondo has been the best playoff performer since 09. But not good enough. The Celtics & Lakers are not satisfied w/ anything less than championships. Last time I checked I was still a Celtic's fan. W/ the Laker's breathing down our necks for overall ring's you want to cuddle some underachieving automon for best performance during the playoffs w/out a ring? Because he looks good doing it? What the funk?. What concerns me is the end product. I guess your satisfied w/ him being an all-star of the weakened eastern conference. Good for you. If he had helped given us home court during the regular and then fell short during the playoffs from exhaustion then I would be there slapping his buttocks way before your daily dosage. If y'all enjoy being a runner up so much become a Laker fan. They're the best @ it. The difference between us is that I evidently like rings while you're satisfied w/ chains. The big, bright shiny kind. This years model will be smaller and no doubt less shiny. But a chain nonetheless...

you can shut me up simply by naming somene thats been CONSISTENTLY better than Rondo in the playoffs since 2009.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you guys can shut me up simply by naming a player thats CONSISTENTLY been better than Rondo in the playoffs since 2009. Im not talking 1 yr performances like Dirk. Since 09, who has performed better?

Ill wait.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

sry for the multiple posts..it wasnt showing up so i kept sending it lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

you guys can shut me up simply by naming a player thats CONSISTENTLY been better than Rondo in the playoffs since 2009.

I can shut you up by asking you to comment on the recent interview.

You go perfectly silent.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

you can shut me up simply by naming somene thats been CONSISTENTLY better than Rondo in the playoffs since 2009.

Lebron James

Dirk as well by the way!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Double Post!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

you guys can shut me up simply by naming a player thats CONSISTENTLY been better than Rondo in the playoffs since 2009.

You go perfectly silent.

Pud

I never understood why people care what athletes say to the media.

I could care less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I could care less.

[/QUOTE]Fine with me.

Most athletes string together little more than series of uninteresting cliches.

Not R9R.  His words are  far more revealing about who he is/isn't.

But you may not care to know.

To each his own.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I could care less.

Fine with me.

Most athletes string together little more than series of uninteresting cliches.

Not R9R.  His words are  far more revealing about who he is/isn't.

But you may not care to know.

To each his own.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is what I was saying. I don't care about Rondo's personality or who he is/'isn't.

I just care about what I see on the floor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Lebron James

Dirk as well by the way!

these two are obviously better players than rondo. but james' playoff performance vs Cs in '10 was an all time choking dog gag job. dirk's team has exited twice in the first round since '09, including getting swept out last season. you'll have to do better than these two, gasthoerer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Lebron James

Dirk as well by the way!

these two are obviously better players than rondo. but james' playoff performance vs Cs in '10 was an all time choking dog gag job. dirk's team has exited twice in the first round since '09, including getting swept out last season. you'll have to do better than these two, gasthoerer.

Since the 09 season no rings, no playoff MVP's, no closeout games where he indelibly puts his stamp on being the best player on the floor(nobody ever comments about that). Zero accomplishments. All the players being summarily dismissed as unworthy(James,Dirk) have playoff MVP's & rings to shine in the eyes of the blinded. 09 is the reference point provided. Even our own Jason Terry did more to win his ring than Rondo did for his(before reference point). Style over substance. The cult of non-personality reigns.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

....The cult of non-personality reigns. 

that's cup sniffer to you, shortstop.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

WE KNOW. Futhermore, we also know that the Merry Cupsters prefer cupware to hardware. Thanks for the confirmation. Don't forget to raise your pinkie finger, ladiesKiss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Lebron James

Dirk as well by the way!

Since the 09 season no rings, no playoff MVP's, no closeout games where he indelibly puts his stamp on being the best player on the floor(nobody ever comments about that). Zero accomplishments. All the players being summarily dismissed as unworthy(James,Dirk) have playoff MVP's & rings to shine in the eyes of the blinded. 09 is the reference point provided. Even our own Jason Terry did more to win his ring than Rondo did for his(before reference point). Style over substance. The cult of non-personality reigns.

so in other words, you cant name another guy that has been better.

We should say shame on Rondo for not being able to win a title all by himself like Lebron..oh wait..Lebron has Wade AND Bosh in their primes. Dirk had one of the greatest playoff performances ever a couple years ago..but as was stated earlier, that was the EXCEPTION, not the NORM since 09. 

you are embarrassing yourself in this effort to knock the obvious when it comes to Rondo..i mean, how can you seriously sit at your computer and dispute the fact that Rondo has led this team to success in the playoffs since his maturations in 09? Ever since that Bulls series that went 7 where he almost averaged a TRIPLE DOUBLE (in a playoff game!! oh sure, anyone can do that right?) he has been phenomenal in the playoffs. I guess i should ask you, Tomobo. What was the biggest reason we made that run in 09 without Kevin Garnett? Whos carried us all the way to the Finals, game 7 in 2010? Who was playing the best basketball on our team last year in the playoffs when we went to game 7 with Lebron and the Heat? 

give credit where credit is due. especially when the credit is due to a player on YOUR favorite team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

You go perfectly silent.

Pud

the interview actually debuts thursday night on Hannah Storms show. The ENTIRE interview will be shown, and then everyone can make their assumptions. Idk why ppl would try to assume something from a sample of a interview.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Lebron James

Dirk as well by the way!

not even close.

before finally breaking through last season, Lebron had gone through many playoff demons, shrinking in virtually every big game, and every 4th qtr that was anything CLOSE to close. So no, he hasnt been better. 

Dirk had one of the best postseason runs in NBA history when they won the Championship. But besides that, can you name another considerable run he led his team on? i cant.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Come on James, that is ridiculus. I don't hate Rondo and I don't think we are better without him. But to say that ROndo was better than James in the postseason in the last years is foolish. WHat you woul call a game that James choked, you would just call a game when Rondo came up big. That's how big the gap between ROndo and James is. But look at some numbers of James the big "choker":

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

08-09 CLE 14 14 41.4 0.510 0.333 0.749 1.4 7.8 9.1 7.3 1.6 0.9 2.71 2.14 35.3

09-10 CLE 11 11 41.8 0.502 0.400 0.733 1.4 7.9 9.3 7.6 1.7 1.8 3.82 2.09 29.1

10-11 MIA 21 21 43.9 0.466 0.353 0.763 1.6 6.8 8.4 5.9 1.7 1.2 3.14 2.67 23.7

11-12 MIA 23 23 42.7 0.500 0.259 0.739 2.3 7.4 9.7 5.6 1.9 0.7 3.52 2.04 30.3

This case is not even remotely close.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Come on James, that is ridiculus. I don't hate Rondo and I don't think we are better without him. But to say that ROndo was better than James in the postseason in the last years is foolish. WHat you woul call a game that James choked, you would just call a game when Rondo came up big. That's how big the gap between ROndo and James is. But look at some numbers of James the big "choker":

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

08-09 CLE 14 14 41.4 0.510 0.333 0.749 1.4 7.8 9.1 7.3 1.6 0.9 2.71 2.14 35.3

09-10 CLE 11 11 41.8 0.502 0.400 0.733 1.4 7.9 9.3 7.6 1.7 1.8 3.82 2.09 29.1

10-11 MIA 21 21 43.9 0.466 0.353 0.763 1.6 6.8 8.4 5.9 1.7 1.2 3.14 2.67 23.7

11-12 MIA 23 23 42.7 0.500 0.259 0.739 2.3 7.4 9.7 5.6 1.9 0.7 3.52 2.04 30.3

This case is not even remotely close.

Jamesz feelings run deep for Rondo... lets leave it at that

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Lebron James

Dirk as well by the way!

Keven Duran doesn't have any rings or playoff MVPs in that time period either.

Why can't Rondo be a good pg? why does he either have to be great or despised?