Stuck in the middle!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Stuck in the middle!

as long as Doc is there and Doc is coaching, I think Boston is very attractive to players, more so to the elite players

Since the DA brought in KG and RA, what elite players has Doc attracted to the roster?? Krystic?? Shav?? Darko?? Dooling?? Pav??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

as long as Doc is there and Doc is coaching, I think Boston is very attractive to players, more so to the elite players

Since the DA brought in KG and RA, what elite players has Doc attracted to the roster?? Krystic?? Shav?? Darko?? Dooling?? Pav??

I couldn't imagine why any elite player would want to sign with Boston.  Danny was very fortunate to be able to convince Ray and KG to sign with Boston.   Boston just doesn't have the same appeal as LA, Miami, (nice weather), or New York. 

Who knows what Danny will do during the summer?  He is a risk taker and not afraid to take a chance to try to improve this team.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In my opinion we have four young starters that give us a good nucleus....

Rondo at the point

Bradley at the other guard spot....lock down defender

Green at small forward....he showed us "worthy like" moves and can hit the three.....

Sullinger at power forward...if his back holds up he gives an inside presence and is a great rebounder

I would keep Pierce and KG if they would agree to spend some time coming off the bench...their leadership is a real factor...

Jet may give us a lift next year after a disappointing season...

just my thoughts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Since Danny brought in Ray and KG, the Celtics haven't had the financial flexibility to bring in an elite player or the pieces to trade for one.  They were only able to bring in "past their prime" elite players like Shaq (and I mean way past their prime).

If the Celtics had the cap space to bring in a guy like Josh Smith, I'm certain he would have come to Boston.  But the issue is moot since the Celtics haven't had any salary space to sign an elite player anyway.

We didn't have the cap space to bring in Chris Paul without having to trade Rondo.  I think a big part of that had to do with teams placing a higher value on Paul than Rondo and deciding not to make that deal and less to do with Chris Paul's preferred destination NOT being Boston.

If the Celtics had the money, they would attract elite FA players.  If elite FA players could get a max deal in Sacramento, Sacramento would become a preferred destination.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I sort of agree with Woj, but I really think he underestimates the stupidity of other GMs...

All we need is one bad move (like Minny giving us KG) to get back into contending status.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9203345/nba-trade-value-part-2

Reading Simmons got me thinking more about Kevin Love. With this bad season, he is slightly undervalued. The Wolves don't value him, didn't give him the best contract. Simmons thinks they could look to trade as early as this summer. I know we don't have assets like the Bulls, but if we could pull off a Kevin Love trade while keeping Rondo, Avery, and Green ... I think we are relevent again.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Imagine a scenerio where KG gets traded to LAC this summer ... that could get us some assets. Not a ton, but some. Maybe a pick, maybe Bledsoe, maybe Jordan or Butler. Package that with Sullinger one of our guards (Crawford?)and one of our picks ...

I'm not sure what Minny would be looking to get back for Love, but could it be possible?

Maybe we need to give up Jeff Green in order to obtain Love. That would be tough for us, but Jeff's value could be really high right now. I think if we got Love paired with Rondo, we could entice a FA this summer. Would a Rondo, Smith, Love big 3 be enough? You could go big or small with those three. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

The problem is not KG.  The problem is the logjam of mediocre 2s.  Last year AB was going to be out and Ray bolted.  Danny tried to cover by getting a bunch of mediocre 2s, hoping that one would emerge.  That did not happen.  Now Danny needs to clear out as many as he can of Bass, Lee, Crawford, AB and Terry and try to address his needs at 2 and 5.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

yes, wojnarowski loses a lot of cred with that statement...i guess he's right about being stuck in the middle though, which could happen in our case.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Also, we have to be realistic. When you're giving KG 11.57m this season and he's only averaging 11.3 points per game in the playoffs, you know there's a problem.

what, you don't think 1m per point is a bargain?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Remove KG's 12.4m and the Celts will have options.

waive pierce and get him to re-sign for 5m and you have even more options.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

Remove KG's 12.4m and the Celts will have options.

waive pierce and get him to re-sign for 5m and you have even more options.

If this happens it definitely would help the Celtics.  If KG had also agreed to resign for a lot less as Fierce stated above it would have given the Celtics an opportunity this current season to sign someone else at the 5.  Unfortunately it didn't happen.   KG isn't worth his current contract for the amount of minutes that he plays.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

At the day KG signed his contract, I said: Well, I hoped he signed for less and went fot another title. On the other hand: If a player like Ray signes for less money to go for a title then everyone is complainign as well. Though to bash the players.

And to be honest: Splitter is twice the player anyone we had on the 5 besides KG in the last years. With him KG (and maybe his contract) would not look that bad either.

And finally: The only reason to get rid of KG is to go to the lottery. There is no one available IMO who would bring is over the top. Big AL will us make the Utah Jazz of the East...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

so this off-season will be the same as the past two.

will Ainge/Doc re-load or do a complete tear down.

Frankly, I think it all hings on if Garnett decides to retire.

for the capoligists on here:

if he officially retires, do the Celtics get any cap relief on his deal next year?

IF KG retires and  the team buys out Pierce, can we re-sign him as some here have suggested?

I think what KG decides will deterime what AInge/Doc do, myself.

If he does retire , I think PIerce is bought out and either moves on or retires himself.

IF the team has $20Million in cap space to use, they will bring in the best  FA's they can get ( I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run at Howard).

and trade one of the excess Guards they have for another BU big man or even a contract exception, for another mid level FA.

If KG wants to play another year, I see the same team coming back , more or less with only minor FA/rookie additions.

23. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts