Stuck with Rondo, Green and Wallace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Stuck with Rondo, Green and Wallace

We are basically stuck with these guys, if traded I doubt that they will bring back equal value.  If we want to win more games next year, all three are more valuable to us than what we could get for them.  Some big trade where their contracts could be combined with others , then it might work.  We have tried to trade Rondo for equal value for years and we have found no takers.  Green could still help us if we upgrade the team.   Yes , I would like to see all three of them gone for some good players or draft picks, but I do not see it happening.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Stuck with Rondo, Green and Wallace

Rondo is worth 10 million or less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rondo? most likely. Wallace? very likely. Green? could easily be traded."

Rondo is not worth a max deal. Rondo won't be traded till Ainge knows more about what it would take to sign him. But at that point, yeah, he'll be traded and not for full value as he will be a free agent. No way around that. 

Wallace? Wallace has a massive, untradeable contract. He's here to stay, till his expiring year. 

Green - similar deal though it's possible some team could fall for his promise like we did. He's not untradeable, but he is very difficult to trade. He has an opt out before too long also, another reason he will be hard to move

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

As I've said many times, I believe there are two options to trade Rondo.

1.  Trade Rondo to Lakers for Nash and there lottery pick (if it does not end up in the top 5).  I think Rondo would be willing to sign an extension with the Lakers because Kobe will be back and they will still have enough money to sign a max free agent, so it could be a very quick turnaround for the Lakers.  LA is also glitzy enough to satisfy Rondo's ego.

2.  Trade Rondo to Detroit for 2014 pick and Jennings.  Detroit is desperate for a legitimate point guard.  Rondo may sign there because of Josh Smith.  I do not really like Jennings - more of a 2 guard than a point guard - so may be we could trade him off down the road.  We might have to take Jerebko also to make money work - no big deal - his contract expires next year.

I believe these are the only 2 deals that we can do with Rondo given his free agent status after next year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

The lottery will answer alot of questions.  If LA ends up with the 6th pick and Detroit ends up with the 8th pick, then that will be very good news for the Celtics because they will be looking to deal those picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I can't wait.  If the Celtics could come out of this draft with Exum and Vonleh or Smart and Vonleh plus Anderson or Payne or Warren, then I'd be doing cartwheels.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rondo stays, doesn't get a max contract and most likely is traded at a discount or walks away from the C's at the end of his contract.....if he's the head case we all know he is, he can kill the trade by refusing to sign an extension, even for max dollars, with any team we want to send him to out of head-case spite, which we all know he's fully capable of exhibiting...if he wants to test the market fee and clear he can do so and he knows it.

Wallace...only an early retirement keeps him from playing out his contract.

Green....too late for "potential" blue smoke and mirrors working on anyone but us...he's ours, and another candidate for a "discount-city" trade movement...what ever we get for him, it's worth dumping his salary on some other sucker GM....Green ='s not one of DA's better GM moments

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Green did disappoint me this year. I thought he would assert himself and take the reigns and flourish this year, but that wasn't the case.  He's not the second coming of PP, but his contract isn't that bad and he not as good as I thought but not as bad and some post.  He's not THE man but he is and can be productive on both ends of the floor.

Rondo, I think deserves a pass on judgment until next year. He had a lot to adjust to this year, a new coach a new system, new surrounding players all while coming back from his first significant injury ever. Who knows if he's dealt away but if he stays he should play at his best being a contract year.

Wallace, I would have loved to have him 5 years ago. Unless we pick up an equally bad contract or package with a player another really really wants, he's fairly untradeable. If we can stretch his contract out that might lessen the blow and he can give you some solid time half way down the bench. The problem is  Wallace is like almost of all of our team right now, they ain't really bad they ain't really good either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green did disappoint me this year. I thought he would assert himself and take the reigns and flourish this year, but that wasn't the case. 

[/QUOTE]

Actually Green has been the same since he has been in the league. Great Talent but just not the mindset. I remember when the "we hate Doc"-Group in here blambed that on rivers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Rondo stays, doesn't get a max contract and most likely is traded at a discount or walks away from the C's at the end of his contract.....if he's the head case we all know he is, he can kill the trade by refusing to sign an extension, even for max dollars, with any team we want to send him to out of head-case spite, which we all know he's fully capable of exhibiting...if he wants to test the marker fee and clear he can do so and he knows it.

^ HOGWASH

bp

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

YOU...better hope it is.... :P

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Green did disappoint me this year. I thought he would assert himself and take the reigns and flourish this year, but that wasn't the case.  He's not the second coming of PP, but his contract isn't that bad and he not as good as I thought but not as bad and some post.  He's not THE man but he is and can be productive on both ends of the floor.

Rondo, I think deserves a pass on judgment until next year. He had a lot to adjust to this year, a new coach a new system, new surrounding players all while coming back from his first significant injury ever. Who knows if he's dealt away but if he stays he should play at his best being a contract year.

Wallace, I would have loved to have him 5 years ago. Unless we pick up an equally bad contract or package with a player another really really wants, he's fairly untradeable. If we can stretch his contract out that might lessen the blow and he can give you some solid time half way down the bench. The problem is  Wallace is like almost of all of our team right now, they ain't really bad they ain't really good either.

[/QUOTE]

I know it's hard to accept that DA screwed up with Green...It's hard for me and I don't like Green...but he did...Green has all the physical abilities to be a star...not superstar, but star...if he could get his head straight....the heaRT THING MAY HAVE DESTROYED HIM FOR GOOD, MENTALLY, BUT HE WAS AN ENIGMA BEFORE  THAT AND BEFORE HE GOT HERE (SORRY, caps)...it IS time to judge the guy...his "potential" grace period is over and done...he is what he's always been, heart operation or not...a guy capable of temporary outbursts of brilliance, but mostly just another guy who cannot sustain either effort or good play...he needs to see a sports shrink.

This is precisely the type of player you MUST dump from this team in order to get better....players you cannot count on to give you regular and expected production...you cannot game plan effectively if you have no idea what some guy is going to give you, at least effort wise, game to game...he's a true NBA enigma...we don't need it....I have been seriously wrong on many things here, but not on this...he's got to go because his lack of consistent positive output at all times at both ends of the court is killing progress on this team, and will continue to do so in the future...he'll rob minutes from young guys who will play consistently and will develop into a cohesive team if allowed to do so...watch and see...they won't get it going until Green gets gone....there's way too much moodiness and sulking from certain "stars" on this team, and he's one of the main culprits.

Sections
Shortcuts