STUCK With Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

STUCK With Rondo?

If DA CAN't move the malcontent, then we will watch his already depleted value crash through the floor when the season starts. RONDO has a fragile persona and is mentally weak. Marcus already has shown he's a grown man even with his outburst on the fan while at OK St. The future is so bright. If only we could dump GONDO for at least a contributor. I don't hate Rondo, i just believe he is EXACTLY what Jeff Goodman states here:

http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/10142-jeff-goodman-talks-about-the-bright-future-with-marcus-smart" rel="nofollow">http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/10142-jeff-goodman-talks-about-the-bright-future-with-marcus-smart

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: STUCK With Rondo?

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If DA CAN't move the malcontent, then we will watch his already depleted value crash through the floor when the season starts. RONDO has a fragile persona and is mentally weak. Marcus already has shown he's a grown man even with his outburst on the fan while at OK St. The future is so bright. If only we could dump GONDO for at least a contributor. I don't hate Rondo, i just believe he is EXACTLY what Jeff Goodman states here:

http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/10142-jeff-goodman-talks-about-the-bright-future-with-marcus-smart" rel="nofollow">http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/10142-jeff-goodman-talks-about-the-bright-future-with-marcus-smart" rel="nofollow">http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-news/item/10142-jeff-goodman-talks-about-the-bright-future-with-marcus-smart

[/QUOTE]

RALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up dude?!

Can't agree more...members of the Rondo Youth Brigade better get their crying towels out soon because Wee Devilman PG is a done deal as far as being a long term Celtic. He's a pg with declining skills and a far-too-large opinion of himself and his abilities. Danny LeStrange GM better get the best deal he can for Rondon't  asap for the little malcontent or he'll watch the cretinous pg walk away for nothing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

RALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up dude?!

Can't agree more...members of the Rondo Youth Brigade better get their crying towels out soon because Wee Devilman PG is a done deal as far as being a long term Celtic. He's a pg with declining skills and a far-too-large opinion of himself and his abilities. Danny LeStrange GM better get the best deal he can for Rondon't  asap for the little malcontent or he'll watch the cretinous pg walk away for nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Mellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!

you're wassup, man. Been gettin my travel on. Almost time to put the pads on baby. Maybe DA will have all this sorted out before the first tipp-off. Seems like you've been keepin the few  who are left from the Rondo youth brigade straight. If only they could read! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

nobody wants a sulky barely 40% FG / 25% on 3's / 61% on FT's type of point guard booking 13 million who is convinced he's worth at least 15 but probably max contract after this year.  rondo is delusional and really not completely functional as a PG.  his formative years were marked by danny and doc treating him like a prince- hands off.  the last 3 years his game has gotten so it's hardly watchable.  he's boring, tempo sapping, stat stuffing, moody, and can't shoot.

sounds to me worth about 6 to 8M a year.  if you gave jacque vaughan 35 clicks a game he could get 10 assists too and he shot over 70% free throws.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

So Marcus gets a pass on his incident of roughly shoving/pushing a spectator, which is a BIG no-no (along with other/past acts of violence), but Rondo is a complete jerk for lightly hitting an unsuspecting ref with the basketball? Venting out anger on a TV? As if anyone actually cares about any of that. Say what you will. You're completely biased and lying about not hating Rajon. It's most definitely personal with you guys the way you go on, and on, and on, and on, and on...... Why? I have nooooo clue. But it is definitely sad, and has grown tiresome. Especially considering none of you actually know him. And by the way, did you know that Marcus has shooting woes too? Oh-oh.... better get it together Mr. Smart. Or you'll be the next subject of childish name calling by grown men. And don't let your passion get the best of you either Marcus. Finger pointers are just waiting.

And no one is going to be upset when/if Rondo leaves. Even the fans that support him. At least not to the extent that you guys would like to believe. Try to set an example for the younger posters on here, will yah fellas. At least act half your age.

And I too, like how the C's future is looking. With or without Rondo. I cheer the team. Not p*$$ and moan over certain players I choose to have scruples with, ala Goodman (Laker fan). Change the record already. Or seek professional help. Your opinion on this matter is noted.......... and embroidered........... and chiseled............ and engraved...........and tattooed............ a plaque is still in the works.

Here you go guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"RONDO has a fragile persona and is mentally weak"

then why does he come up big in big games so often? 

he has some terrific post season performances. 

This is a ridiculous post. 

If Rondo doesn't play well he'll just go to another team. How well he plays doesn't impact his trade value all that much because his contract is expiring, so there will no guarantee of a re-sign. 

"Marcus already has shown he's a grown man even with his outburst on the fan while at OK St."

He hasn't proven anything in the NBA yet. Rondo has a ring and has done plenty.  Rondo has shown similar flashes of anger to Marcus, but when Marcus does it, you respect it, when Rondo does it, he's mentally weak. How ridiculous. Marcus did something really dumb and it's something he has to overcome.

That said, it's time for Rondo to move on. Since there's no way Ainge will sign him to the max contract he wants, I'm not sure what you're stressed out about.

I'm optimistic about Smart as well, but he hasn't done anything yet. I remember folks saying the same things about point guards being better than Rondo who aren't even in the league anymore. Your fellow Rondo hater Pud used to have a long list of those guys. Most of them aren't even starting anymore. 

I take it you also agree with Goodman that Smart will never be an all star, something Rondo has already accomplished. And that "Smart doesn’t have that vision Rondo has. Rondo sees things players don’t.”"

If that's how you feel, then sure. Rondo hasn't proven to be a great leader so Goodman is right there. But then, neither has Smart - yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

So Marcus gets a pass on his incident of roughly shoving/pushing a spectator, which is a BIG no-no (along with other/past acts of violence), but Rondo is a complete jerk for lightly hitting an unsuspecting ref with the basketball? Venting out anger on a TV? As if anyone actually cares about any of that. Say what you will. You're completely biased and lying about not hating Rajon. It's most definitely personal with you guys the way you go on, and on, and on, and on, and on...... Why? I have nooooo clue. But it is definitely sad, and has grown tiresome. Especially considering none of you actually know him. And by the way, did you know that Marcus has shooting woes too? Oh-oh.... better get it together Mr. Smart. Or you'll be the next subject of childish name calling by grown men. And don't let your passion get the best of you either Marcus. Finger pointers are just waiting.

And no one is going to be upset when/if Rondo leaves. Even the fans that support him. At least not to the extent that you guys would like to believe. Try to set an example for the younger posters on here, will yah fellas. At least act half your age.

And I too, like how the C's future is looking. With or without Rondo. I cheer the team. Not p*$$ and moan over certain players I choose to have scruples with, ala Goodman (Laker fan). Change the record already. Or seek professional help. Your opinion on this matter is noted.......... and embroidered........... and chiseled............ and engraved...........and tattooed............ a plaque is still in the works.

Here you go guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UP6WV801Qg

so you've never taken umbrage to a C's player not playing up to their potential or being overpaid for what they actually do?

we've had 6 or 7 years of rondo babble of all his potential but it's never turned into results.

how about curtis rowe or sidney wicks sandbaggin it?  pervis ellison just excusing himself from playing to play golf?  pitino signing all those absurd contracts?  didn't any of that tick you off?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

so you've never taken umbrage to a C's player not playing up to their potential or being overpaid for what they actually do?

we've had 6 or 7 years of rondo babble of all his potential but it's never turned into results.

how about curtis rowe or sidney wicks sandbaggin it?  pervis ellison just excusing himself from playing to play golf?  pitino signing all those absurd contracts?  didn't any of that tick you off?

acie, I've blasted PP b4, for not stepping up in other areas of the game when his shot wasn't falling during the playoffs. Like when he would turn in a line like 4-15 shooting and only 4-5 rebounds. Everyone has an off day. But someone of Paul's mentality and skill should step up in other ways to help the team when his shot isn't falling. Rebound and defend if you can't find the net. Getting only 4-5 rebounds when your shot hasn't been falling all game shows you're not really in the game that night. Now to say it ticks me off or upsets me is a bit extreme. It's nothing personal against me or anything. So why should I let it effect me in a negative manner? I'm just displeased/disappointed with his performance cause I know he can do better. It doesn't upset me though. And I'll still be there to cheer him on cause I'm a big C's fan. But I know where to draw the line.

So to answer your question, no, I've never taken offense to a player not playing up to their potential or that their paycheck doesn't compensate their production. It's nothing personal against ME.

There's a big difference with being disappointed with a players production over a game or two, then spewing hate, disdain, lies, and knocking off about 40 years of wisdom and age for an entire week, month, year(s) to play the anti-Rondo rainman. That's getting into Robert De Niro, Wesley Snipes "The Fan" type of obsession. Scary. And as I stated earlier, IT'S NOTED! It's BEEN noted! No sense in the constant bombardment over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. OMG!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well put, Dr.

[/QUOTE]

acie, I've blasted PP b4, for not stepping up in other areas of the game when his shot wasn't falling during the playoffs. Like when he would turn in a line like 4-15 shooting and only 4-5 rebounds. Everyone has an off day. But someone of Paul's mentality and skill should step up in other ways to help the team when his shot isn't falling. Rebound and defend if you can't find the net. Getting only 4-5 rebounds when your shot hasn't been falling all game shows you're not really in the game that night. Now to say it ticks me off or upsets me is a bit extreme. It's nothing personal against me or anything. So why should I let it effect me in a negative manner? I'm just displeased/disappointed with his performance cause I know he can do better. It doesn't upset me though. And I'll still be there to cheer him on cause I'm a big C's fan. But I know where to draw the line.

So to answer your question, no, I've never taken offense to a player not playing up to their potential or that their paycheck doesn't compensate their production. It's nothing personal against ME.

There's a big difference with being disappointed with a players production over a game or two, then spewing hate, disdain, lies, and knocking off about 40 years of wisdom and age for an entire week, month, year(s) to play the anti-Rondo rainman. That's getting into Robert De Niro, Wesley Snipes "The Fan" type of obsession. Scary. And as I stated earlier, IT'S NOTED! It's BEEN noted! No sense in the constant bombardment over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. OMG!

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well put, Dr.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"RONDO has a fragile persona and is mentally weak"

then why does he come up big in big games so often?  

BTS,

Lets not forget how having 3-HOFers takes the heat off of options 4 (Rondo) and 5. Rondo couldn't lead himself, let alone a team of younger guys. Truth is, 3-HOF vets and DOC could BARELY keep Rondo from self destruction on a near daily basis. SMART was drafted by DA with an emphasis on his perceived leadership abilities on the court. Its not if Smart replaces Rondo, but merely when....Its not if Gondo is traded/let walk, but merely when.....The sooner the better for everybody, even for you and I as C's fans....RONDO has been AMAZING on occasion, but is not near what he needs to be in order to justify the love that so many give him for being option 4 on a championship C's team. Rondo's window for proving out his "Potential" has long ago closed. Clock stopped ticking, time for him to get on outta here......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

"RONDO has a fragile persona and is mentally weak. Marcus already has shown he's a grown man even with his outburst on the fan while at OK St."

Pretty much sums up the ridiculousness of this entire thread. No need to comment further.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"RONDO has a fragile persona and is mentally weak. Marcus already has shown he's a grown man even with his outburst on the fan while at OK St."

Pretty much sums up the ridiculousness of this entire thread. No need to comment further.

The truth is hard to argue, eh? Your passive aggressive response simply proves that you aren't capable of countering a very valid point. MS will be the MAN that  his HIGHNESS, Gondo, never was.........get your Kleenex ready dude. He's not the future. Are you leaving with him???? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The truth is hard to argue, eh? Your passive aggressive response simply proves that you aren't capable of countering a very valid point. MS will be the MAN that  his HIGHNESS, Gondo, never was.........get your Kleenex ready dude. He's not the future. Are you leaving with him???? 

[/QUOTE]

When you say "MS will be the man that his highness never was", You are saying MS will do more than be on the All Rookie team, win an NBA title, be a 4x time All Star, be on the All-NBA team, 2x All NBA defense 1st team, 2x All NBA defense 2nd team, lead the league in steals once and assists twice? He is gunna do all that?

As a Celtics fan, I sure hope so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

When you say "MS will be the man that his highness never was", You are saying MS will do more than be on the All Rookie team, win an NBA title, be a 4x time All Star, be on the All-NBA team, 2x All NBA defense 1st team, 2x All NBA defense 2nd team, lead the league in steals once and assists twice? He is gunna do all that?

Dude, you and I coulda come close to what Gondo did with 3-HOFers on the floor. What dont you guys get about Rondo's fortune? RONDO HAS PROVED NOTHING. He dished it to 3-HOFERS and if he were nearly as good as you think he is, we win 3- trophies before they bust it up. Ray-ray will explain how much Rondo held them back in his book one day. MS doesnt have the cast yet, but make no mistake! MS WILL WIN MORE THAN THE ONE TROPHY RONDO LUCKED INTO. To hell with stats and all-star games. Trophies! You will see. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you and I coulda come close to what Gondo did with 3-HOFers on the floor. What dont you guys get about Rondo's fortune? RONDO HAS PROVED NOTHING. He dished it to 3-HOFERS and if he were nearly as good as you think he is, we win 3- trophies before they bust it up. Ray-ray will explain how much Rondo held them back in his book one day. MS doesnt have the cast yet, but make no mistake! MS WILL WIN MORE THAN THE ONE TROPHY RONDO LUCKED INTO. To hell with stats and all-star games. Trophies! You will see. 

[/QUOTE]

lol. "He dished it to HOF'ers." exactly the bail out type of response id expect from you. But basically what you are saying, is now that they are gone, he isn't a talented and capable passer anymore correct? Meaning his numbers will be low this year.

We shall see.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol. "He dished it to HOF'ers." exactly the bail out type of response id expect from you. But basically what you are saying, is now that they are gone, he isn't a talented and capable passer anymore correct? Meaning his numbers will be low this year.

We shall see.

[/QUOTE]
    Simple logic. Congratulations!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Look...once and for all...if all you Rondon't apologists would simply admit the truth. Rondon't was the 4th wheel on a three HOF player team. He barely meant more to that team than did a no offense guy named Perk and only because Perk's sole value was as an interior enforcer. Admit it. If guys wanted to come to Boston to play with him, as they have been quoted through the years, they'd be here once they attain FA status. NONE HAVE COME! And all these GM's claiming to mouth water over the guy  HAVE REFUSED TO MAKE DEALS FOR HIM.

The guy is not chopped liver but neither is he Grade A Sirloin. There are at least ten better PG's in today's NBA. He doesn't suck, but his shooting drawbacks and ball hogging reduce him to nuisance status. We'll never win anything with him because he feels himself  bigger than the team, indispensable to Celtic victory. That is a joke.

The Celtics have spoken but you refuse to listen. They drafted his replacement. They'd love to trade him and probably will. If not, they will be happy to let him walk and replace his slot with someone else for the cap space they'll have. OPEN YOUR EYES!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well put, Dr.

[/QUOTE]

it's nothing personal with me either.  but for the team that has been green blood flowing through my veins since as old as i can remember, it makes me mad that it's happened.  with rondo it's not just been a bad game or bad decisions, it's been a 7 year slow motion car accident, not all his own fault per se, but there just hasn't been any tough love dispensed or any substantive guidance in my estimation.

believe me it bothers me much more at the loss of what rondo COULD HAVE BEEN (a top 3 PG in the league, a COMPLETE game changer) than what he actually is now.  in my view it is one of the biggest unforced errors in the history of the franchise- to have a player with rondo's potential and never mold it, shape it, coach it, into being THE NEXT LEVEL that it could have been.

that's on danny and doc.  rondo is a smart guy.  sure he should have shored up the FT and simple push-shot from 16 issues but he's smart and stubborn, probably a little egotistical.  without any pressure or NEED for him to do so, he didn't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Rondo for Mc Buckets would be great.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo for Mc Buckets would be great.

[/QUOTE]

It would be a dream come true!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like being stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues..........again and again and again

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like being stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues..........again and again and again

[/QUOTE]

LOL.  How deserving a comment!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:

Well bill, it's like the old Chicken/Egg controversy...'cept in this case, I'd love to kill the chicken but then we'd be out of eggs. Then there'd only be these redonkulous 4 way trade proposals to deal with until TANKAPALOOZA DEUCE starts!

And oh yes Rondo Youth Brigade kiddies and Lovey Dovey addicts...it surely IS coming!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So Ron Artest must be the man.