STUCK With Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: STUCK With Rondo?

[/QUOTE]

I hear that RallyC can hit wide open jumpers all day long and FTs at a 70% clip.... and RallyC plays defense too.... and plays hard each and every game.... and never sandbags.... and doesn't drop F-Bombs on his coach... or try to bully refs.... and RallyC isn't a prima donna, expecting a max contract.... or morph into Barney Fife when the game is on the line. 

If it were my choice, I'd rather be RallyC.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

< "I would think anyone who blasts Rondo would also love to be able to play as he plays and to his level, if truth were told. If, as basketball player, you could be you or Rajon Rondo, the choice is obvious." >

I, for one, would NOT love to be able to shoot free throws as Rondo does.  In fact, my Jr high school neighbor shoots at a higher percentage in his local CYO league (for real).  If I could be a professional basketball player there are probably 100+ players that I would rather be than Rondo.  But let me make clear - I don't "hate" Rondo". I just think he is a detriment to the team, the rebuild and that he has ALWAYS been way over-rated.  Oh, and his personality is about as likable as Latrell Sprewell. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

sprewell, huh? good one, dunker! that reference is bound to resonate with the more impressionable among us, along with distinguishing your post from the standard anti-rondo redundancy that flourishes here.

high five, player!

bp

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to JamezHill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Look...once and for all...if all you Rondon't apologists would simply admit the truth. Rondon't was the 4th wheel on a three HOF player team. He barely meant more to that team than did a no offense guy named Perk and only because Perk's sole value was as an interior enforcer. Admit it. If guys wanted to come to Boston to play with him, as they have been quoted through the years, they'd be here once they attain FA status. NONE HAVE COME! And all these GM's claiming to mouth water over the guy  HAVE REFUSED TO MAKE DEALS FOR HIM.

The guy is not chopped liver but neither is he Grade A Sirloin. There are at least ten better PG's in today's NBA. He doesn't suck, but his shooting drawbacks and ball hogging reduce him to nuisance status. We'll never win anything with him because he feels himself  bigger than the team, indispensable to Celtic victory. That is a joke.

The Celtics have spoken but you refuse to listen. They drafted his replacement. They'd love to trade him and probably will. If not, they will be happy to let him walk and replace his slot with someone else for the cap space they'll have. OPEN YOUR EYES!

[/QUOTE]

You refuse to accept the fact that you are a Rondo hater, plain and simple. Haters decide that because they dislike someone, they will say anything to voice their displeasure and try to get people to agree with them.

1. "If guys wanted to play with Rondo, they would come to Boston and they don't." THIS. IS. IDIOTIC. LOGIC.

2. "GM's have refused to trade for him." What proof do you have of these claims? What proof do you have that Danny put Rondo on the trading block and no one wanted him? Danny has said, despite nameless rumors, that the only time he actually offered Rajon Rondo, it was for CP3. and no one would have a complaint about that, maybe not even Rondo.

3. "He barely meant more to the team than Perk." This is where I figure out that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and you just talk to talk. I will enjoy watching you suffer when Rondo destroys the league this year, whether its on the Celtics or another franchise.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your 3 points, would love to see Rondo stay myself, but he has to sign a deal at a discount, 2yrs/$28M extension for Rondo is what I want to hear, not another of these moronic trades for spare parts, the only Rondo trades I like are the ones that involve a major player of his status coming back to Boston, I think maybe Rondo and Eric Bleadsoe  getting swapped for each other is the best possible trade.....but would rather hear that Rondo has bought in and signed at least a 2 yr extension to have Rondo locked up for 3 yrs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sprewell, huh? good one, dunker! that reference is bound to resonate with the more impressionable among us, along with distinguishing your post from the standard anti-rondo redundancy that flourishes here.

high five, player!

bp

[/QUOTE]

A drive by compliment..classic bp!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Being compared to the choking psychotic man-handler named Sprewell is NOT a compliment! Rondon't is not any longer even a top ten PG but he's not as insane as the murderous Sprewell. Your choice of faves is a curious one...quell surprise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

[QUOTE]

Look...once and for all...if all you Rondon't apologists would simply admit the truth. Rondon't was the 4th wheel on a three HOF player team. He barely meant more to that team than did a no offense guy named Perk and only because Perk's sole value was as an interior enforcer. Admit it. If guys wanted to come to Boston to play with him, as they have been quoted through the years, they'd be here once they attain FA status. NONE HAVE COME! And all these GM's claiming to mouth water over the guy  HAVE REFUSED TO MAKE DEALS FOR HIM.

The guy is not chopped liver but neither is he Grade A Sirloin. There are at least ten better PG's in today's NBA. He doesn't suck, but his shooting drawbacks and ball hogging reduce him to nuisance status. We'll never win anything with him because he feels himself  bigger than the team, indispensable to Celtic victory. That is a joke.

The Celtics have spoken but you refuse to listen. They drafted his replacement. They'd love to trade him and probably will. If not, they will be happy to let him walk and replace his slot with someone else for the cap space they'll have. OPEN YOUR EYES!

You refuse to accept the fact that you are a Rondo hater, plain and simple. Haters decide that because they dislike someone, they will say anything to voice their displeasure and try to get people to agree with them.

1. "If guys wanted to play with Rondo, they would come to Boston and they don't." THIS. IS. IDIOTIC. LOGIC.

2. "GM's have refused to trade for him." What proof do you have of these claims? What proof do you have that Danny put Rondo on the trading block and no one wanted him? Danny has said, despite nameless rumors, that the only time he actually offered Rajon Rondo, it was for CP3. and no one would have a complaint about that, maybe not even Rondo.

3. "He barely meant more to the team than Perk." This is where I figure out that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, and you just talk to talk. I will enjoy watching you suffer when Rondo destroys the league this year, whether its on the Celtics or another franchise.

I agree with your 3 points, would love to see Rondo stay myself, but he has to sign a deal at a discount, 2yrs/$28M extension for Rondo is what I want to hear, not another of these moronic trades for spare parts, the only Rondo trades I like are the ones that involve a major player of his status coming back to Boston, I think maybe Rondo and Eric Bleadsoe  getting swapped for each other is the best possible trade.....but would rather hear that Rondo has bought in and signed at least a 2 yr extension to have Rondo locked up for 3 yrs

[/QUOTE]

I guarantee he will be looking for at least 4 years X 60mil. And he will get it from some team.  I'm thinking the Knicks. 

Phil Jackson has always admired Rondo, and Melo has said publicly he wants to play with him.  Dont be surprised if the 2015-16 Knicks include a big three of Rondo, Melo, and Marc Gasol. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can anyone hate another person whom one has not met or with whom one does not have first-hand, personal contact?  The only people who might fall into the "I'd rather not meet" category were Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and other mass murderers (hey, Whitey!). The venomous hate for Rondo is unfounded and unsupported. If Ainge thought he was a cancer, he would have gotten rid of him long ago. So, what is the basis of your hate - Ray Allen's upset over Rondo (he wasn't happy with Doc either)? Pretty thin. I would think anyone who blasts Rondo would also love to be able to play as he plays and to his level, if truth were told. If, as basketball player, you could be you or Rajon Rondo, the choice is obvious. Hate is exceedingly unbecoming.  

[/QUOTE]

I hear that RallyC can hit wide open jumpers all day long and FTs at a 70% clip.... and RallyC plays defense too.... and plays hard each and every game.... and never sandbags.... and doesn't drop F-Bombs on his coach... or try to bully refs.... and RallyC isn't a prima donna, expecting a max contract.... or morph into Barney Fife when the game is on the line. 

If it were my choice, I'd rather be RallyC.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

The wonderful world of make believe is a very special place indeed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Lets talk about Rondo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

quell?

bp

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are spot on about that hater with a hard on for Rondo. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Just a miserable old man with too much time on his hands. No, Rondo is not perfect but he's a hell of a lot better 95% of the "pure" point guards in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are spot on about that hater with a hard on for Rondo. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Just a miserable old man with too much time on his hands. No, Rondo is not perfect but he's a hell of a lot better 95% of the "pure" point guards in the league.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is one of the most unique Celtics ever, his game is the most like Jason Kidd, whose game was actually the most like Larry Bird's , which means that yeah......Rajon Rondo is right up there with Larry Bird in his ability to impact the game and within Celtics history, one of the most unique and gifted players to ever wear a Celtic uniform......if he has to go, they HAVE TO get a major player back for him......either way, Celtics are going to be much better this season than last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Rondo is one of the most unique Celtics ever, his game is the most like Jason Kidd, whose game was actually the most like Larry Bird's , which means that yeah......Rajon Rondo is right up there with Larry Bird in his ability to impact the game and within Celtics history, one of the most unique and gifted players to ever wear a Celtic uniform......if he has to go, they HAVE TO get a major player back for him......either way, Celtics are going to be much better this season than last year.

[/QUOTE]

What is it you're not understanding?  How many years does it take of dangling Rondo out there for trade bait with no bites except for other teams garbage?

It should be clicking by now that Rondo doesn't merit a Major Player back. In the same spirit, isn't it also apparent that the NBA superstars who've allegedly been drooling to play with Rondo, really aren't? Other than Kevin Love, who stopped by Boston to pick up his roller skates and left never to be heard from again, where's the line outside the Garden scratching & clawing to get into Danny's office to sign up?

Forget opinion, through simple observation in recent years of trade talk & nba star free agent interest in coming to Boston to play with Rondo,  it's abundantly clear Rondo isn't as valuable or wanted as you want to believe. Junk is what we've been getting offered because Rondo's body of work during any given season, coupled with his leadership qualities(?) and attitude is what his value equates to.

Don't believe me, just open your eyes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Lets talk more about Rondo!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Look who's back... after making his teary eyed, sissyboy goodbye cause his fragile, sensitive ego was in the red zone and by the look of the replies, nobody cared.... he's back again craving attention.

No pride, no conviction... weakling

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Hey!!!! It's time to post more about Rondo!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Look who's back... after making his teary eyed, sissyboy goodbye cause his fragile, sensitive ego was in the red zone and by the look of the replies, nobody cared.... he's back again craving attention.

No pride, no conviction... weakling

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I was just messing with you, I've been here the whole time dummy. Buy my book, it just came out.

RONDO!!!!!!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is it you're not understanding?  How many years does it take of dangling Rondo out there for trade bait with no bites except for other teams garbage?

It should be clicking by now that Rondo doesn't merit a Major Player back. In the same spirit, isn't it also apparent that the NBA superstars who've allegedly been drooling to play with Rondo, really aren't? Other than Kevin Love, who stopped by Boston to pick up his roller skates and left never to be heard from again, where's the line outside the Garden scratching & clawing to get into Danny's office to sign up?

Forget opinion, through simple observation in recent years of trade talk & nba star free agent interest in coming to Boston to play with Rondo,  it's abundantly clear Rondo isn't as valuable or wanted as you want to believe. Junk is what we've been getting offered because Rondo's body of work during any given season, coupled with his leadership qualities(?) and attitude is what his value equates to.

Don't believe me, just open your eyes.

[/QUOTE]

provide a link with hard evidence that Rondo was dangled. Not someones word, or bs "sources say that", give me a link that says "Rondo was offered for"  that is as credible as when Danny Ainge TOLD us he offered him for Chris Paul.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

provide a link with hard evidence that Rondo was dangled. Not someones word, or bs "sources say that", give me a link that says "Rondo was offered for"  that is as credible as when Danny Ainge TOLD us he offered him for Chris Paul.

[/QUOTE]
    DA didn't tell us anything about the CP3-Rondo trade proposal. The league office did.

The league office had taken over the financially strapped N.O. team and was considering written offers that they then made public.

Otherwise, we wouldn't know diddlysquat.

GM's tend not to give out "hard evidence" about offers that don't go thru... except to deny them and then try to remove their finger prints.

Why should they?

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

DA didn't tell us anything about the CP3-Rondo trade proposal. The league office did.

The league office had taken over the financially strapped N.O. team and was considering written offers that they then made public.

Otherwise, we wouldn't know diddlysquat.

GM's tend not to give out "hard evidence" about offers that don't go thru... except to deny them and then try to remove their finger prints.

Why should they?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

To prove Rondon't is the "bestest" of all time and someone other teams salivate over?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I know it's only my opinion but RONDO SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Thought I would bump this because I thought you guys might want to talk about Rondo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'll help out with a bump of my own...

RONDON'T SUCKS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Anyone want to weigh in on Rondo?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taking away the "leader" crap, it's his career numbers that make Rondo overrated.

Rondo is a dreadful shooter: eFG% .486, TS% .510 (was below .500 in 3 of his last 4 seasons)

Rondo is turnover prone: TO Rate 20.5

Rondo is a poor shot blocker: Block Rate 0.3%

Rondo rarely gets to the FT line: 3.0 FTA/36min (was below 2.5 FTA/36 3 of his last four seasons)

Yes, his Steal Rate, DRB%, and Assist Rates are high, but his TOs, and lack of shooting skills, takes away from his strengths. Yet, he's making $12mil in 2014-15. The dark, dirty secret is that either the Cs can't find any takers, or they're just plain stupid.

Marcus Smart should be a better player than Rondo right away. Smart gets to the line, is a better defender, better rebounder, and can create his own offense. With what the Cs are paying Bradley and taking Smart with the #6 pick , it's going to be hard to justify getting Rondo his minutes in his contract season. This could get ugly.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

I've always defended Rondo's value to the Celtics, relying on the "he's a warrior in the playoffs" argument.  And I think he was, except for the finals series in 2010, when Kobe was able to play free safety and make it 5 on 4.  But gutsy, tuff, and a gamer in the playoffs, in general.

However, there are two things in particular that make me want to see the Celtics trade him.  First, he stabbed them in the back when he said he wanted to be a free agent so that he could be fawned over like he never was during college recruiting.  That was weird, and totally unprofessional.  And two, Marcus Smart!  If he develops like he can over the next two years, by year three he'll be a force.  And one that for said reasons in the post above explains.  This will coincide with Coach Stevens hitting his stride as an NBA coach in his fourth year.

I've spent many posts defending Rondo, and I'm in the Rondo camp within the context of his career, so far, but Marcus Smart has a fire in his belly and it's time for Rondo and his "brand" to go.  Good luck to him, I'll be rooting for him, just not against the Celtics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Taking away the "leader" crap, it's his career numbers that make Rondo overrated.

Rondo is a dreadful shooter: eFG% .486, TS% .510 (was below .500 in 3 of his last 4 seasons)

Rondo is turnover prone: TO Rate 20.5

Rondo is a poor shot blocker: Block Rate 0.3%

Rondo rarely gets to the FT line: 3.0 FTA/36min (was below 2.5 FTA/36 3 of his last four seasons)

Yes, his Steal Rate, DRB%, and Assist Rates are high, but his TOs, and lack of shooting skills, takes away from his strengths. Yet, he's making $12mil in 2014-15. The dark, dirty secret is that either the Cs can't find any takers, or they're just plain stupid.

Marcus Smart should be a better player than Rondo right away. Smart gets to the line, is a better defender, better rebounder, and can create his own offense. With what the Cs are paying Bradley and taking Smart with the #6 pick , it's going to be hard to justify getting Rondo his minutes in his contract season. This could get ugly.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

[/QUOTE]

I've always defended Rondo's value to the Celtics, relying on the "he's a warrior in the playoffs" argument.  And I think he was, except for the finals series in 2010, when Kobe was able to play free safety and make it 5 on 4.  But gutsy, tuff, and a gamer in the playoffs, in general.

However, there are two things in particular that make me want to see the Celtics trade him.  First, he stabbed them in the back when he said he wanted to be a free agent so that he could be fawned over like he never was during college recruiting.  That was weird, and totally unprofessional.  And two, Marcus Smart!  If he develops like he can over the next two years, by year three he'll be a force.  And one that for said reasons in the post above explains.  This will coincide with Coach Stevens hitting his stride as an NBA coach in his fourth year.

I've spent many posts defending Rondo, and I'm in the Rondo camp within the context of his career, so far, but Marcus Smart has a fire in his belly and it's time for Rondo and his "brand" to go.  Good luck to him, I'll be rooting for him, just not against the Celtics.

[/QUOTE]

THIS^

Another convert and a VERY intelligent man!

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts