Stupid Trade Danny!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Stupid Trade Danny!!

This trade (perkins for Green) goes against everything Danny Ainge did this offseason.  He signed Pierce and Allen to multi year deals because they wanted one more year to go for the championship!  And you need a great defensive Center to beat Orlando, Miami, Lakers, Spurs, etc.  

No championship for the celtics this year sorry fans. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Stupid Trade Danny!!

Nope, this is a great trade. We get a legitimate backup SF and another big!!!

Are you crazy!! LOL!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

who's going to play Center against Bynum or Duncan if you make the finals??  Shaq?  not for more than 20 minutes........Jermaine?  nope he sucks.....Kristic?  don't think so

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Well, if Shaq, JON, and Erdin isn't at full strength, I don't think Krstic could guard the centers of Orlando, Chicago, Miami, etc., much less THE LAKERS!!

This could be a gamechanger...in the WORST WAY for the Celtics.

Desperate people do desperate things I guess. There goes #18.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

There may be another shoe to drop before its all over. I dont like our 5 spot with Perk gone.

Now its injured Shaq, injured JON, injured Semi and healthy Kristic?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

Thunder are definatly trying to go all out and win a championship this year, i'd say they are the favorite now in the west.  a great Defensive Center in Perk, with Ibaka backing him up.  Durant and Westbrook are deadly, with James Harden

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

theres no other shoe to drop..bc the trade deadline has passed. yes we will get sheed, but then what?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i am thinking now that danny did this because he knew perk wasn't going to resign. honestly if he didn't who cares. we needed him for this year. its trades like that that don't make sense and make me not want to watch.

thanks perkins for all the good times. all the butter fingers and scowls. we will miss your tough defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Perk also took negotiations public. I figured when he did that he might be a target to be unloaded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

He had to do it as perkins did not want to resign. He preferred to get something while he could instead of waiting and ending up with nothing after he leaves.

On the other side this trade might be good because it gives size to the Thunder and that will make them better against the lakers. You never know, they might even beath them with Perk defending Bynum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ainge has been after Green since he drafted him.

Perk's offense was too limited and Krystic can give us the same thing. The big fish is getting Green.

Hold your hats because Ainge isn't done. He unloaded two roster spots so he's looking for another buyout player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

If, according to Doc, the difference in the Finals was missing Perkins game 7 (I won't mention Drew on 1 leg for the series) why does he now feel to trade that piece away? I'm happy about this trade. Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

OKC gave the Lakers some trouble last year. Now they have Perk and Durant is 1 year older and better. Go OKC!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Perk is useful against Bynum and Howard, it will hurt us to not have him but the drop from Perk on them to Shaq and Baby isn't that huge

meanwhile...

Green can guard a variety of players like LeBron, Bosh, Deng, Melo, Boozer, Amare, Odom, Artest, Dirk, etc.

He is tall enough at 6'9" to play PF and athletic enough to play wings. He can really score off the bench.

We have a collection of bigs now in Shaq, Kristic and Baby who can cover 48 mins. We didn't have a bu SF and were playing Paul and Ray 38 a game. Now they can rest at 28-32 mins reg season and be ready to tear it up in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well we are down to no centers for tonights game. Big Baby.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Aslanb0ynn. Show Aslanb0ynn's posts

So does this mean we can stop talking about " IF PERK wasn't Hurt in the final game last year" Talk???  Or is it going to be another excuse for Doc saying that Lakers have never beaten the Celts with their starting line up again??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Everybody settle down. There is obviously more moves to happen. I remember when Ainge did the deal for Allen and Garnett and alot of people on this forum thought Ainge was crazy. Well how did that turn out. I like the Perkins trade and the trade with the Cavs clearly shows that another trade is in the works. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Off the top of my head, this trade stinks.
    However, I'm sure it's not over.
    Strangely enough, this reminds me of when DA traded (Jeff Green) for Ray Allen.
    That didn't make any sense to me either.
    Then we got KG.
    So, this trade coupled with Semih and Luke for nothing to Cleveland tells me something else is going to happen.
    What bigs are going to be bought out?
    Anyone have any clues?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well we traded two guys that have basically done nothing for us this year for two guys that can contribute.  This is not a knock on Perk.  He would have helped us.  I think this had something to do with no one wanted Nate  and Perk not signing.  First time Nenad hits a jumper will be something we never saw from Perk.  Green will help us a lot more than Nate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Hopefully we keep Green for a long time and he becomes an all-star after next season. He'll certainly ease the scoring load of aging of Ray/Paul and replace KG who likely retires (Ray prob stays 2 more years).

Maybe... MAYBE Perk will come back here next year for the full MLE (either 1 yr to raise value or the max 5/37.5), or maybe he will not be blown over by any offers and sign for 1 year w/ OKC @ like 6 with the plan of becoming a 15-11-3 guy in a full healthy season and then taking huge money from whoever loses the Howard sweepstakes summer of '12.

Summer of 2012 we should have just this $:

Pierce - 16.5
    Rondo - 11
    Green - 6.5 (I think we can only offer him an extension starting at 20% over the 4.5 he's making right now, so that is 5.5 - 6.5 - 8 - 9.5 - 11.5
    Avery - 1.75
    '11 1st - 1.5
    '12 1st - 1.25
    2nd - .5

That is 39 million

with a 54-56 million cap we can offer Howard a max deal (cap is 58 million this year)

with a 51-52 million cap we can offer Perk like 5/60 if Howard stays in Orlando. That is likely going to be enough to get him to come back to the team/city and his best friend, assuming he is a 15-11-3 guy next year.

If he signs a 1 year deal and stays a 9-8-2 guy, maybe we get him for the 5/40 max we likely would have given him if we didn't trade him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Stupid Trade Danny!!:
    Everybody settle down. There is obviously more moves to happen. I remember when Ainge did the deal for Allen and Garnett and alot of people on this forum thought Ainge was crazy. Well how did that turn out. I like the Perkins trade and the trade with the Cavs clearly shows that another trade is in the works. 
    Posted by paesan59

Troy Murphy likely to come

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

GREAT TRADE DANNY

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lani234. Show lani234's posts

As you'd expect, Celtics vets are livid over trade of Kendrick Perkins, sources say. He's the tough guy, enforcer. But BOS can't pay him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Stupid Trade Danny!!:
    This trade (perkins for Green) goes against everything Danny Ainge did this offseason.  He signed Pierce and Allen to multi year deals because they wanted one more year to go for the championship!  And you need a great defensive Center to beat Orlando, Miami, Lakers, Spurs, etc.   No championship for the celtics this year sorry fans. 
    Posted by Wingman23

Your kidding me!!!! No championship this year because they got rid of Perkins!! HA HA HA HA HA HA. Your right, the celtics were such a bad team without perkins the entire year. O boy, how did they make it without him! HA HA HA HA. The fact is Perk has been in the league 8 years, hasn't improved in the past few years, plays inconsistantly, and gets in the way of people. He is not worth 30 million over 4 years, he has done nothing to ever show that he is worth more then 1 million a year. He is terribly overrated, and if you watch games he plays in, and see how he moves around the court, you would know he doesn't have a high basketball IQ. Good riddens!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Makes no sense for the C's, we got considerably smaller just in time for the playoffs

Sections
Shortcuts