Stupid Trade Danny!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: Stupid Trade Danny!!

a second round pick and cash won't get us 18 especially now that we have to rely on the Oneal's ... I don't like it .. hope i get proven wrong.

And we have 6 players for tonight's game

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Stupid Trade Danny!!:
    [QUOTE]I don't like trades, but I trust the basketball minds in the Celtic's front office. I will miss Perk and Nate, but I'm glad they're going to a good team.  I feel real bad about losing Semi whom I think has fantastic upside as well as Luke. As for the guys we got, I'm in a wait and see mode. But Perk, I can't get over that one.  I'm a big Perk fan and I believe his toughness and defense will be missed, and I also worry about the chemistry of the team, but they are pros and should be focused on winning the title, and if these moves gives us a better chance, then we will have to just suck it up and move on.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

Maybe we can get Kristic to set illegal picks and pick up dumb fouls. Kidding aside we may have gotten better. Picked up a couple of starters from the 4th best team in the West.  Kristic is 5 times the offensive player that Perk was. I got the feeling with Garnett that our defense will still be good.  It was good before Perk came back wasn't it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If the Celtics end up with Troy Murphy then Danny Ainge hit the jackpot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm more dissapointed in trading semeh erden and Harangody for a second round pick, that doesn't make sense to me.
    Posted by rpn123321[/QUOTE]

I didn't like it either.  To open a roster spot?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

If the vets are truly upset about losing Perk what does that mean for team chemistry.

Its has also been noted that Rondo was good friends with Perk. 

I dont see how this will make the Celtics better......yet.  Only time will tell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

We now have 3 roster spots open let's see what Danny does.  My thing is we have Shaq, JO, and now kristic.  JO is better then people give him credit for they guy can still play.  We don't need 20 plus mins from him we need somewhere around 14 to 16.  Plus I would rather have BB or JO shooting FT's at the end of the game instead of Perkins.  I will note "HOW ARE THE CURRENT PLAYERS LIKING THIS?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stupid Trade Danny!! : So the roster moves to bring in Garnett and Allen didnt pay off at all.......Idiot!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]
    Helmethead... Very fitting by the way..You can thank Kevin for that trade. How about Walker for Welsch, Mills and LaFrentz signing Blount, all the Green’s Signing Scalabrine (not the signing but the $$$) Telfair, Ratliff, Nate I could go on. Plus Helmethead I didn't say I hated all his moves I just said I didn't have alot of faith in him. I'm hoping he suprises me. Nevertheless, I like the Perk trade I didn't think you needed to clear 5 spots on a team that leads the East. Clearing Q's spot should of been enough, in other words keeping Semi.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]If the vets are truly upset about losing Perk what does that mean for team chemistry. Its has also been noted that Rondo was good friends with Perk.  I dont see how this will make the Celtics better......yet.  Only time will tell.
    Posted by RedSoxvsGiants[/QUOTE]

The vets will get over it. This is real life and Celts players have to deal with it. I am sure they are upset but life goes on. This reminds me of what Belichick does with the Pats. A good GM does not care what the fans think. Remember when Belichick traded Milloy, all the so called experts said the Pats were done. What happened, they won the Suprebowl. Great moves so far Danny!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lefty20. Show lefty20's posts

I'm so glad Perk and Nate are gone. Perk was a complete stiff. All these years of tutoring and mentoring, and he still was the worst offensive player in the NBA. His defense was just OK, but fans went overboard because he was so bad on offense. The guy had no lift, and no brains. The techs. and offensive fouls were deplorable. If he were Nate's size he would be playing in the Y. league! As far as Nate goes another looser. When your his height, and you can't learn to be a back-up point guard your useless. He was a bad shooting 2 guard! Sorry Quis was hurt, but another bust. Now he can be a rap artist, because he can't ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

I do think clearing the 5 spots was a good idea.  Green is a better fit with the second team then Shaq.  (Shaq now starter).  Luke and Erden are not going to play in the playoffs sorry!! & also Daniels.  Go what does it hurt to get rid of those 3 guys?  Big thing, can they sign good players too fill out those 3 roster spots?  I would actually like to see R. Wallace come back.  I know many Celtics fan's are not big fans of his, but let's remember you just need 6 fouls and a person the veteran's like and trust.  (Plus he has played to 3 NBA Finals)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Not a stupid trade but definitely a calculated gamble.  What I don't like on the surface is that Green is a G'town player and they usually play a soft game and are not effective in the playoffs (haven't see him enough to know if he fits the bill, but so many G'towner have and do).  The other guy is a Nets castoff - that can't be good.

I think the motivation was that Perk would walk at the end of the year, so lets get something for him without fully blowing the chances in the post season.  Aside from Howard, there really isn't a dominant C on the main contenders so Perks post season value was less than many think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

The Celtics have improved. Dan, thanks for holding on to Wafer, my Wild Card.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

this is a really bad move. so shaqs the only big we have now. davis is no center. jermane is broke. so whos going to battle the lakers 3 bigs? is he bringing russel back? maybe he can bring walton back too. this has to be the dumbest move ive seen in awhile.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kahunaceltic. Show kahunaceltic's posts

Ainge got a little bit too trade happy.  Losing Perk was bad enough but why trade Harangody & Semih for a 2nd round pick...A 2ND ROUND PICK!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Losing perk hurts a lot. His toughness and defense will be missed. We can still win #18 but our chances took a hit. 
    Quis getting injured really hurt our depth at the 3 and we had no assets to trade but perk or bb, so da made the call and got a good ball player in jeff green and kristic was a starter for one of the best teams in the west.  We shall see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

wingman23,

Come on with your negative talk..
    Danny got the best talented player out of the bunch in green. They in green have that posey like player. WHICH HELPED THEM WIN A TITLE..get over your man love of perk....He coudnt score, ok rebounder, good defender. Shaq gets more boards per min than perk. If the celtics get troy murphy and leon powe. The celtics are stonger at the center spot. ill take kristich,shaq,murphy,powe...Over perk,shaq and erden.
    AND JEFF GREEN IS MORE TALENTED THAN ANY OF THOSE PLAYERS NAMED

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerman17. Show Lakerman17's posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lal/los-angeles-lakers

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I think he just wanted make the headlines ... with all the trades going on I think he just wanted to be apart of it ... he was the #1 trending topic on twitter when the trade went down guess he got what he wanted

Sections
Shortcuts