subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo

Few would argue that Rondo is a better PG than D Rose.  But replacing Rondo with Rose could actually make the Celtics worse.      Not possible to make a team worse by adding better players you say?       Hmmm    How about if you take last year's Cleveland Cavaliers and add D Wade and Bosh.     Subtraction by addition is much easier than you might think.              

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo

It's pure speculation to be honest. We really don't know how Rose would impact the team if he played for the Celtics.

In my opinion though, the Celtics would be a better team because we'd play 5 on 5 on offense instead of 3 on 5, or 4 on 5, because defenses respect Rose.

Derrick Rose is an underrated passer in my opinion, and he's willing to distribute the ball, contrary to what some might believe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Few would argue that Rondo is a better PG than D Rose.  But replacing Rondo with Rose could actually make the Celtics worse.      Not possible to make a team worse by adding better players you say?       Hmmm    How about if you take last year's Cleveland Cavaliers and add D Wade and Bosh.     Subtraction by addition is much easier than you might think.              
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

It clearly didn't make TEAM USA that much worse. They struggled along okay as I remember.

And where would Rondo go in return? And what would be his own  fate?

He would likely suffer.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

He's on the Celtics and your stuck with him Pud!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo:
    [QUOTE]He's on the Celtics and your stuck with him Pud!
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

So no more thoughtful hypotheticals?

The only subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo would be if the C's fielded a team for  the GE College Bowl. (google it, younguns)

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : So no more thoughtful hypotheticals? The only subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo would be if the C's fielded a team for  the GE College Bowl. (google it, younguns) Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Do you smoke, shoot, or snort what these guys are on?

Let's see would I rather have the MVP who has actually improved his shooting since he cam into the league and has carried the Bulls on his back (without Boozer and Noah for about 50 games) to a record that is not much worse than the Cs or a guy who almost appears to have something to prove re. his inability to shoot or lack of desire to learn how to shoot?

I think there is part of Rondo's psyche that says "I will show them, I will be considered one of the best point guards in the league even with my defiance to learn how to shoot".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : Do you smoke, shoot, or snort what these guys are on? Let's see would I rather have the MVP who has actually improved his shooting since he cam into the league and has carried the Bulls on his back (without Boozer and Noah for about 50 games) to a record that is not much worse than the Cs or a guy who almost appears to have something to prove re. his inability to shoot or lack of desire to learn how to shoot? I think there is part of Rondo's psyche that says "I will show them, I will be considered one of the best point guards in the league even with my defiance to learn how to shoot".
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Look up the General Electric College Bowl TV series from the '60's... with host Alan Ludden... and get back to me. 

Try googling it.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : Look up the General Electric College Bowl TV series from the '60's... with host Alan Ludden... and get back to me.  Try googling it. Pud
    pud, I got you.  It's a game show.  They don't know.  Like you said, maybe they ought to google it.

The Cs could win the GE College Bowl with Rose, don't you think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : pud, I got you.  It's a game show.  They don't know.  Like you said, maybe they ought to google it. The Cs could win the GE College Bowl with Rose, don't you think.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Its teams of brainiacs representing colleges or organizations. Know it alls. Tweebs. Pencil neck geeks. Phi Beta Kappas. Chess club. Geometry nerds.

Listening to DRose talk, one gets the feeling that he is one helluva b-ball player but is not Phi Beta Kappa material. He is never, ever the smartest player on the floor.

But he doesn't get paid big bucks to know the capital of Turkmenistan or what year the Magna Carta was signed.

Or even the square root of 4!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rose has the proven ability to be THE go to guy at the end of games to win.  As Garnett, Pierce and Allen age yet another year, we can't count on them next year to adequately and consistenly perform that role.  Wishful fantacy having Rose as our PG.  Might as well include Dwight Howard in the same dream. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

what?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE] Let's face it if the white audience walked away they would all be asking do you want fries with that shake. 

??? yes like Doc Rivers is dumb, right?     This statement says far more about Dud  than it does about anyone in the NBA.  

The fact is  you can't be a great athelete in a team sport without substantial brain power.    It might not be focused in language based activities, but complex, rapid fire, on the fly, spacial analysis, risk reward assessment,  strategic considerations and a host of other high level brain functions are all required in elite level team sports - and more so in basketball (with its continuous play and high speed, than other team sports.    That Dud doesn't know this, doesn't suprise me.  We know from his posts that he thinks he's smarter than Danny and Doc -  who apparantly don't have the good sense to take his advise and trade Rondo for Brooks....      But that he would classify all NBA players as too dumb to be anything but fast food servers...     AND couch it in terms of the race of the audience...     is almost beyond belief.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : ??? yes like Doc Rivers is dumb, right?     This statement says far more about Dud  than it does about anyone in the NBA.   The fact is  you can't be a great athelete in a team sport without substantial brain power.    It might not be focused in language based activities, but complex, rapid fire, on the fly, spacial analysis, risk reward assessment,  strategic considerations and a host of other high level brain functions are all required in elite level team sports - and more so in basketball (with its continuous play and high speed, than other team sports.    That Dud doesn't know this, doesn't suprise me.  We know from his posts that he thinks he's smarter than Danny and Doc -  who apparantly don't have the good sense to take his advise and trade Rondo for Brooks....      But that he would classify all NBA players as too dumb to be anything but fast food servers...     AND couch it in terms of the race of the audience...     is almost beyond belief.  
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

What?

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

question 1. is dudder racist? havent been on the board long enough to know 2. and im simply just curious, no disrespect, how old are you puddin? how bout dudder? i feel like i can connect with wat the people are saying if i have an idea of their age.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]question 1. is dudder racist? havent been on the board long enough to know 2. and im simply just curious, no disrespect, how old are you puddin? how bout dudder? i feel like i can connect with wat the people are saying if i have an idea of their age.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

What's your age and what would you guess mine is?

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : What's your age and what would you guess mine is? Pud

lol..i just turned 21. and originally i thought you were young like me but lately i have been getting the impression your more my fathers age, perhaps even older.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : lol..i just turned 21. and originally i thought you were young like me but lately i have been getting the impression your more my fathers age, perhaps even older.

How about grandfather.

I would have guess that you were late teens maybe.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : Please, please, please...... about 2% of the guys in the NBA could have ever gotten into college without their scholarship, when you are so lazy that you name people with the initial of their first name and the first syllable of their last name, when you think the phrase "yaimean" is punctuation, when you think "noimsain" is punctuation" and your interviews include and endless list of cliches spoken in ebonics......  please alert some of them that the word game does not end in the letter n, please alert them that me and you cannot start a sentence.... The way to knock down Rose as the MVP candidate is to somehow suggest that he is not too bright, these are the same people that would have you believe Rondo is some sort of genius because he passes algebra or something like that. Let's face it if the white audience walked away they would all be asking do you want fries with that shake. At least Semih was one guy that got a jersey number somewhere near his IQ, oh wait, they all do........

I guess this guy just can't help himself from posting racist trash. He should be banned for good. This isn't the first time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : What? Pud

Which sentance don't you understand?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : How about grandfather. I would have guess that you were late teens maybe. Pud

thats fantastic. like i said, wen i first got on the board i guess your mind just tells you everyone is around the same age as you. 

back to the discussion, altho rose is quite a player on the court, im just not sure that he would fit very well with THIS celtics team. when the big 3 are done or diminished (not at elite level), then perhaps rose would be good for the team, altho noone is really sure wat rondo's progressions will have been by then.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Its the classic example i have said over and over of who do you want on your team

If Rose is a top 3 PG, Rondo in the 6-9 range (we can even say the 10-15 range the haters here have him in) it doesn't mean Rose is a better PG for the Celtics and would make us a better team

They are equally fast. Rondo a (slightly) better defender/rebounder. Rose the better scorer and (very) recently the better shooter. Rondo the better passer, better IQ/knowing where everyone is at all times, etc.

On a team w/ THE BEST SHOOTER OF ALL TIME who hits 905 at the line... a 50%/40%/85% 20ppg all-star/former finals MVP and a former league MVP 50% FG shooter who has the 2nd sweetest outside J of any 7 footer in the game...

YOU WANT THE 12-14 ASSIST PG!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : thats fantastic. like i said, wen i first got on the board i guess your mind just tells you everyone is around the same age as you.  back to the discussion, altho rose is quite a player on the court, im just not sure that he would fit very well with THIS celtics team. when the big 3 are done or diminished (not at elite level), then perhaps rose would be good for the team, altho noone is really sure wat rondo's progressions will have been by then.

Exactly

If you are starting a team of course you choose Rose. He is 3 years younger and already a proven 20ppg scorer.

Rondo is proven to be a WINNER who is smarter and a better passer. But he needs his 3 all-stars to be a top 5 team. Rose needs only 3 very good non-all star starters who fill roles to be on a top 5 team.

Much easier to get Rose and find you Noah/Boozer/Deng types later than to build a team around Rondo and then strat adding multiple superstar 20ppg players to play with.

You don't want 3 hall of famers watching a kid 10 years younger than them go for 20 each night and not just find them OVER AND OVER in their sweet spots that allows the ENTIRE TEAM to shoot 50% from the floor like our leader does.

Rondo haters are scum and not real fans of the this team, there are two bumbling fools on this site and they get their rears handed to them in intelligent convos' all the time. The hatred they spew is tiresome cut and paste drivel and factually wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : I guess this guy just can't help himself from posting racist trash. He should be banned for good. This isn't the first time.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

You know, I've read numerous postings about him typing up racist comments. I've never seen them until I read the nonsense he posted earlier.

I got it now. Some people are just born ignorant. Comments like that shouldn't be allowed to remain.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo:, please alert them that me and you cannot start a sentence.... 

sentence
    Me and you are both words in the english language.  

Language is flexible and always evolving.    

Writers know and embrace that. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: subtraction by addition Rose for Rondo : thats fantastic. like i said, wen i first got on the board i guess your mind just tells you everyone is around the same age as you.  back to the discussion, altho rose is quite a player on the court, im just not sure that he would fit very well with THIS celtics team. when the big 3 are done or diminished (not at elite level), then perhaps rose would be good for the team, altho noone is really sure wat rondo's progressions will have been by then.

Rose is not coming.. so no worries there. My guess is that Rondo has peaked as aciemvp says... two coats of paint short of being truly great.

It will be interesting to see what DA does in terms of wheeling and dealing.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts