Sullinger could be a Z Bo like

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: Sullinger could be a Z Bo like

Sully's upside is tremendous. Double-double today was only a small taste of what the future holds post-Garnett and Pierce.

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I love this kid....great basketball player with a huge IQ.....as most people (inside and outside of Boston) have said....he is definitely the steal of the draft.....!

NICE!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Today he excelled against the Raptors, let's see him do it game after game agains the good teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Agree with Concord, we have a guy who isn't going to wow you as an athlete and is 20 yerars old on a team with a 2 year championship window.

Yeah maybe down the road he is like Z-Bo, who is like Derrick Coleman, and Sully could be like them, or David West, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand... At best maybe he is a 20-10 guy, at worst he's like a 16-8 when he gets it all together.

Great pick, but has a long way to go this season

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I think that plaing against Reggie Evans initiated Sullinger.  He is not athletic and his success will depend upon being physical.  The faster he picks that up, the better.  Being physical will be Sullinger's ticket to success.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Sully could turns some fat into muscle and average 12.8 rebounds per 36 mins like Evans has in his career... but with an added 1" in height, 2" in wingspan and his overall better IQ/passing/offensive game, he'd be an incredible player.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once the sorry clowns better know as NBA officials stop calling fouls on Sully based on him being a rookie, this kid will flourish. One reason the NBA is still a 2nd rate league barely above the NHL is the fact that we still tolerate "rookie" calls. Imagine Andrew Luck tossing a 50 yrd TD to Reggie Wayne only to have it called back on a "rookie" penalty..... well I'll take it tomorrow!!!

[/QUOTE]

I think that the rookie calls will go away once he finds his niche and starts playing with confidence.  Sullinger is never going to be an athletic big.  He needs to be a smart physical big.  He needs to be nastier (or as KG might say, a bigger f**k).  Let him collect his fouls being physical.  Everything will settle down quickly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I've been impressed with Sullinger's defense.  I thought he would score and rebound, but be a total liability on defense.  That hasn't been the case at all.  He's very active defensively - not a liability at all....yet.  Doc is obviously comfortable with him because he's getting very regular minutes in the rotation.  He hasn't been getting the ball offensively yet, but I think that's going to change. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

He has potential...a banger, has a soft and accurate shooting, big body, so far has positive attitude and a keeper.

Celtics made a lot of mistake trading a keeper from the past - I hope not this one. Big hard to come by.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Sully played well last night. He had the jumper goin and  he really crashed the boards, its refreshing to see someone actually box out on this team. His jumper is going to be key for him, for as polished of a post player he was in college, he is really struggling against nba athletes and their size. He hit 2 shots yesterday out of his butt. One where he jumped right in to someones body and made a tough one hand bank shot from a tough angle. Another where he was swallowed up and threw it up again against the backboard and got it to go. He does have a soft touch, ill give him that, but hes gonna need to start using the rim to protect his shots from getting blocked in the paint (something bbaby really developed) and when he does get an offensive rebound , he needs to stop putting the ball on the floor and go straight up, he had 4 offensive rebounds and not one put back. 

Im not bashing sully hes only 20 years old. He's already a  very solid player. I just think when fans say hes a 20 10 guy, they dont really factor what team hes playing on, kg has never been a 20-10 guy on this team, other than his first year with the cs ( 18pp 9rpg) kg has been a 15-8 guy.  So fans need to get a little perspective. I predicted this year sully avg 7ppg 5rpg right now hes 4 4. In few years I can see him as  13-7 type guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sullinger is a 20 year old rookie.

Give him time.

I remember everyone here wanted to get rid of Bradley, except me.

[/QUOTE]

You also used to say that Eddie House was better than Rondo.

I like Sully's game.  But I don't know if we can count on him this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

No leaping ability! C'Mon Man!!

Sections
Shortcuts