Sullinger, KO, Wallace Shine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Sullinger, KO, Wallace Shine

Sullinger, KO, and Wallace tried to deliver a win, but with Green was in never never land, and Lee and Bradlely shooting us out of the game.  We were playing the game, basically without any simblance of a point guard which caused things to go south.  Pressey was missing in action and we can only hope that the injury to Bradley is not serious, but that coach will allow Pressey extended minutes in the next game or even Crawford.  Bradley once again demonstrated he is a defensive player without ball skills and with a knock the bottom out shor or a brick.  Lee shot a series of bricks during the game and during the final minutes of the game.  Brandon and Humphries looked out of place with the team, even though they had good moments.  The indestructable man actually looked pretty good.  The three rookie bigs were ok.  The offence seemed to lack something, mabey execution and crisp movement.  The defense was weak but produced sufficient turnovers.  The need for a very good shooting 2 and any kind of a point were the two biggest problems.  The three players above with Rondo and a very good 2 , would be a dangerous team to play.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Sullinger, KO, Wallace Shine

In response to romneywins' comment:

Sullinger, KO, and Wallace tried to deliver a win, but with Green was in never never land, and Lee and Bradlely shooting us out of the game.  We were playing the game, basically without any simblance of a point guard which caused things to go south.  Pressey was missing in action and we can only hope that the injury to Bradley is not serious, but that coach will allow Pressey extended minutes in the next game or even Crawford.  Bradley once again demonstrated he is a defensive player without ball skills and with a knock the bottom out shor or a brick.  Lee shot a series of bricks during the game and during the final minutes of the game.  Brandon and Humphries looked out of place with the team, even though they had good moments.  The indestructable man actually looked pretty good.  The three rookie bigs were ok.  The offence seemed to lack something, mabey execution and crisp movement.  The defense was weak but produced sufficient turnovers.  The need for a very good shooting 2 and any kind of a point were the two biggest problems.  The three players above with Rondo and a very good 2 , would be a dangerous team to play.

Nice post.

I would like to see Sullinger, KO, Wallace, Green, and Pressey play together.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't think KO shone, but I will say that the raptors respected his shooting ability.  He did carry his man out with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I don't think KO shone, but I will say that the raptors respected his shooting ability.  He did carry his man out with him.

KO led the team in assists and was a plus 3.

I thought he was a little nervous with his shooting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

You know you're in trouble when Jordan Crawford is your best guard. Which is what he was last night. Wallace and Humphries are both good players who can help any team they play for. KO and Sully will only get better as the season goes on. I expect  both to ave. around 15 and  8. Green has to show up big if we have any chance of winning even 20 games this year. I would like to see more of Brooks at the 2, because we need someone who can hit a few outside shots.The Raptors have some talent, i think they make the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I know I'm going to get called for saying "I told you so" but I did.  Now someones going to come along and act like they believed in crawford all along.  In my mind though, and from what I've seen, nobody but me has been saying crawford is our best pg.  When I said that, everybody wanted to run him out of town as I recall.

I actually think crawford can be a good PG.  He certainly proved he had the right mindset last night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I know I'm going to get called for saying "I told you so" but I did.  Now someones going to come along and act like they believed in crawford all along.  In my mind though, and from what I've seen, nobody but me has been saying crawford is our best pg.  When I said that, everybody wanted to run him out of town as I recall.

I actually think crawford can be a good PG.  He certainly proved he had the right mindset last night.

I saw some good things out of Crawford in last nights game. I would like to see him and Brooks play some together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

THE GOOD

Wallace looked like he has regained some of his "Crash" back. Kelley looked like he belongs, even though he had a poor shooting night. AB is ready to have a real good season, he ran the point better and hit his spot up 3s. Faverini looked 1000x better than Melo ever did in every way, he makes things happen. C Lee is playing his game not Doc micro managed dance steps. Crawford looked like he has grown up some as a player. Sully looks great for a guy that had back surgery. Bass shot looks more consistent. Humpty gave much more effort than I expected on the defensive end. Our ball pressure looked good for a team that has only been together for about a week. We had good ball movement in stretches. I think we looked really good in spots and I think that we will play an uptempo style effectively. Nobody looked to the bench to see if they were getting benched for missing a shot like anyone not named Pierce or Garnett last year.

THE BAD

Jeff Green played like it was still last year, standing around the perimeter waiting for a bail out pass only taking it ti the rim twice. Marshon Brooks seemed lost out there had that same look that Melo use to out there. We had our hands on at least 7 rebounds that wound up getting taken away from us, Humpty had about 4 taken away himself. We watched the ball on defense too much in the 1/2 court. We had zero confidence and pretty poor execution in our situational 1/2 court sets. We took ourselves out of runs and couldn't keep up our intensity down the stretch. Nobody stepped up and and pushed their teamates to close them out once we got a lead in the fourth.

Overall I was pleased with our performance for our first exhibition game. We have familurality issues a team, time should correct that. We looked at times like a really good controlled chaos team on D. We looked good in the open court and that style will definately be our strong suite. With the exception of Jeff Green and Brooks we looked pretty positive as a team. I know I have been Greens biggest supporter since he's been here but last night he exemplified every critisism his doubters state. I still feel that we are going to be better than most believe, many of the things that we were defficient last night will cure themselves sooner than later.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

A big plus for Crawford is his ability to shoot , which means the other team must guard him.  This opens the floor.  With Bradley and Lee on the court we have good defense but the other team can play off of them and destroy our ability to score.  Crawford is also young and not near his potenital yet.  I do not know about his basketball IQ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

THE GOOD

Wallace looked like he has regained some of his "Crash" back. Kelley looked like he belongs, even though he had a poor shooting night. AB is ready to have a real good season, he ran the point better and hit his spot up 3s. Faverini looked 1000x better than Melo ever did in every way, he makes things happen. C Lee is playing his game not Doc micro managed dance steps. Crawford looked like he has grown up some as a player. Sully looks great for a guy that had back surgery. Bass shot looks more consistent. Humpty gave much more effort than I expected on the defensive end. Our ball pressure looked good for a team that has only been together for about a week. We had good ball movement in stretches. I think we looked really good in spots and I think that we will play an uptempo style effectively. Nobody looked to the bench to see if they were getting benched for missing a shot like anyone not named Pierce or Garnett last year.

THE BAD

Jeff Green played like it was still last year, standing around the perimeter waiting for a bail out pass only taking it ti the rim twice. Marshon Brooks seemed lost out there had that same look that Melo use to out there. We had our hands on at least 7 rebounds that wound up getting taken away from us, Humpty had about 4 taken away himself. We watched the ball on defense too much in the 1/2 court. We had zero confidence and pretty poor execution in our situational 1/2 court sets. We took ourselves out of runs and couldn't keep up our intensity down the stretch. Nobody stepped up and and pushed their teamates to close them out once we got a lead in the fourth.

Overall I was pleased with our performance for our first exhibition game. We have familurality issues a team, time should correct that. We looked at times like a really good controlled chaos team on D. We looked good in the open court and that style will definately be our strong suite. With the exception of Jeff Green and Brooks we looked pretty positive as a team. I know I have been Greens biggest supporter since he's been here but last night he exemplified every critisism his doubters state. I still feel that we are going to be better than most believe, many of the things that we were defficient last night will cure themselves sooner than later.

I guess Paul Pierce didn't hold Jeff back last Nite. I hope jeff is as good as some think.  I would be surprised if he made all stars

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

THE GOOD

THE BAD

I guess Paul Pierce didn't hold Jeff back last Nite. I hope jeff is as good as some think.  I would be surprised if he made all stars

[/QUOTE]  My man is back!  Time to get a new hero, Paul is gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

THE GOOD

THE BAD

[/QUOTE]  My man is back!  Time to get a new hero, Paul is gone.

[/QUOTE]

You say this as you talk up Jordan Crawford.!!!

I have to admit though you do a good job at not using too many explanation points anymore!!!!

Man that made you seem stupid!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We are who I thought we were...  Just based on the first pre-season game, there are some recurring themes and concerns:

Point Guard - We don't have a starting PG nor even a backup PG.  I didn't expect much from Bradley out of the gate, but I still have Hope that he improves with more experience, because he is not a starting SG either, given his size and lack of consistency with his outside shot.  Without improvement at PG, he will be traded or used situationally until he is replaced. This could be a December trade shocker.

Shooting Guard - We have a void at starting SG. Lee is over-paid and inconsistent, Crawford will show his true colors of bad decision making, Brooks only played 2 minutes so something, in addition to his lack of defensive play, is wrong there.    

Small Forward - We are solid here, IF Green shows up to play every game and give us 18PPG and 4 RPG. If his inconsistency continues like last year, he will be traded.  

Power Forward - We are solid here.  We can trade Bass and get something good in return.

Center - Void.  Hopefully Fav can serve as a long term adequate backup, but he isn't our answer. Hump is just filling in as a temporaary solution. 

DRAFT:

With our first pick at #6-9, I believe that we may have a choice between Embid-C; Cauley-Stein-C; Seldon-SG; and Harrison-PG.  Can't go wrong with any of those picks, but I would lean towards Harrison, 6'5" PG Kentucky.  

Our second 1st round pick in the draft could be a SF (plenty of great talent at this position in the 2014 draft) if Green doesn't show up this year - or a SG.  Hopefully Herzonja 6'6" SG is around. The 2014 draft is 18 quality deep IMO.  Maybe need to trade up a few spots for our second pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I have to admit though you do a good job at not using too many explanation points anymore!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Then why don't you try addressing ANYTHING about basketball for once instead of posting flaming jabs at everyone else ?  Troll.      

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Agreed, I think he did some things well.  As you say, hestitant to shoot.

KO led the team in assists and was a plus 3.

I thought he was a little nervous with his shooting.

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Then why don't you try addressing ANYTHING about basketball for once instead of posting flaming jabs at everyone else ?  Troll.      

What a great idea, Dunk! After years of watching IT post here, I've still not come to a conclusion on who/what IT is here for. Is SKANKoil123 really a Celtics fan or is IT just obsessed with its poor attempts at humor? My guess, SKANKoil123 is sadly just a lonely "HATER".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You know you're in trouble when Jordan Crawford is your best guard. Which is what he was last night. Wallace and Humphries are both good players who can help any team they play for. KO and Sully will only get better as the season goes on. I expect  both to ave. around 15 and  8. Green has to show up big if we have any chance of winning even 20 games this year. I would like to see more of Brooks at the 2, because we need someone who can hit a few outside shots.The Raptors have some talent, i think they make the playoffs.

I would like to see Pressey, Brooks, Olynyk, Sullinger, and Wallace together.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

All three of the rookie bigs did play inside defense and they have lots of upside.  It was a strange game for rebounds with the hot shooting and turnovers.  The Celtics did force some turnovers and one practice game running guys in and out like ducks is not the time for a crazy article like this to be written.  Practice game that we could have won.  Starters that looked like jr high players .  Second unit that looked like a NBA team.

Sections
Shortcuts