Sullinger playing in a recent Pro-Am tourney video

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Sullinger playing in a recent Pro-Am tourney video

http://youtu.be/4IYHx6swpuI" rel="nofollow">http://youtu.be/4IYHx6swpuI

He doesn't necessarily look to be in better shape, but he does look like he has a little more lift.  Although it may just be the competition.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Sullinger playing in a recent Pro-Am tourney video

As long as he is moving and jumping well, idk why people care about Sullingers weight so much. It hasnt hurt him thus far in his career..if anything its helped him bc he is able to bang in the post. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

2 words - Baby Love!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

2 words - Baby Love!

[/QUOTE]

Baby-fat! He needs to hit the weights and stop visiting the Burger King drive through!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Baby-fat! He needs to hit the weights and stop visiting the Burger King drive through!

[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400489231" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400489231

Love - 9-26 FGs, 27 pts, 14 rebs, and 1 ast

Baby Love - 7-14 FGs, 24 pts, 11 rebs, and 5 asts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

It won't be long before Baby Love becomes as good, if not better, as Kevin Love.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

I was eager to see how Sullinger looks after "putting in work" in the off=season. 

Plainly speaking, he looks as heavy, slow, and doughy as he's been. The competition is awful. No one he's seen playing against is even remotely of second/third tier D-league level (at least in the video here).

If this is how he's planning to restructure his body, or worse yet, if this is his restructured body, we're in for a major disappointment.

Yeah, he's been pretty good with the weight and body he has, but how could he be any worse if he could run and jump better and stay on the floor longer?

I don't think that 20 or so extra pounds is what makes him the player he's been. That argument has defense mechanism written all over it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

It's still July.

The season starts in October.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to wicksandrowe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was eager to see how Sullinger looks after "putting in work" in the off=season. 

Plainly speaking, he looks as heavy, slow, and doughy as he's been. The competition is awful. No one he's seen playing against is even remotely of second/third tier D-league level (at least in the video here).

If this is how he's planning to restructure his body, or worse yet, if this is his restructured body, we're in for a major disappointment.

Yeah, he's been pretty good with the weight and body he has, but how could he be any worse if he could run and jump better and stay on the floor longer?

I don't think that 20 or so extra pounds is what makes him the player he's been. That argument has defense mechanism written all over it.

[/QUOTE]

people always tried to have a problem with Charles Barkleys weight as well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

It won't be long before Baby Love becomes as good, if not better, as Kevin Love.

[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are being sarcastic here, but thats actually not a bad comparison at all. Very good rebounder working on his outside shot. Very similar players, Love has just been in the league longer and perfected his craft. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure if you are being sarcastic here, but thats actually not a bad comparison at all. Very good rebounder working on his outside shot. Very similar players, Love has just been in the league longer and perfected his craft. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not being sarcastic.

Sully is the Kevin Love of the east.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not being sarcastic.

Sully is the Kevin Love of the east.

[/QUOTE]

people underestimate Sully..he was supposed to be a top pick..he is that good..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People did diss Chuck because of his weight, but if you go back and look at tape and photos, once Barkley entered the NBA he was never as doughy as Sullinger is right now. The fact that Sir Charles was in much better shape, and still considered heavy doesn't say anything positive about Sullinger.  Sullinger is closer to Oliver Miller than he is to Charles Barkley.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People did diss Chuck because of his weight, but if you go back and look at tape and photos, once Barkley entered the NBA he was never as doughy as Sullinger is right now. The fact that Sir Charles was in much better shape, and still considered heavy doesn't say anything positive about Sullinger.  Sullinger is closer to Oliver Miller than he is to Charles Barkley.

[/QUOTE]

haaa funny doughy...I agree though..I think Sully agrees with this too!! thats why he is trying to lose weight!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  He's also closer to Oliver Miller than he is to Kevin Love.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oliver Miller was 50 lbs heavier than Sullinger is. This is ridiculous. The only thing you guys have to say Sullinger is out of shape is an eye test. Nothing he has done or displayed on the court has shown that he is out of shape. 

i guess all the lineman in the nfl are out of shape as well right. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

haaa funny doughy...I agree though..I think Sully agrees with this too!! thats why he is trying to lose weight!!! 

[/QUOTE]

He can't be trying too hard considering he has every possible advantage and method at his disposal, and millions of dollars hanging in the balance.  He could take advantage of the best personal trainers, nutritional experts, training facilities, and equipment money can buy.  

And I would think if he can lose 20 or so lbs, even if he doesn't play much better his next contract will be worth more, because the question of whether he has the drive to lose the weight will be answered. Any GM looking at him now would use his weight as an excuse to pay him less. I would think he should know this and really bust his butt.

Remember being 22 or so and how easy it was to drop Lbs when you just focused on it? So why can't he do it? Does he have some glandular problem, or just no real desire to do it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oliver Miller was 50 lbs heavier than Sullinger is. This is ridiculous. The only thing you guys have to say Sullinger is out of shape is an eye test. Nothing he has done or displayed on the court has shown that he is out of shape. 

[/QUOTE]  Pure Genius.  Go back to school son.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nothing he has done or displayed on the court has shown that he is out of shape. 

[/QUOTE]

Listen, the facts are here. We are not making this up. This is coming straight from Sullinger himself. He must be blind too I guess:

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2014/06/jared_sullinger_intends_to_los.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sully has publicly stated he has been winded at the end of games and felt his performance suffered 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sully has publicly stated he has been winded at the end of games and felt his performance suffered 

[/QUOTE]

i have no problem with him trying to lose weight to get BETTER than what he currently is, that is always the goal. I have a problem with people trying to act like he is worthless bc he is bigger, or acting like they can see a significant drop in his performance at the end of games bc he is out of shape.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i have no problem with him trying to lose weight to get BETTER than what he currently is, that is always the goal. I have a problem with people trying to act like he is worthless bc he is bigger, or acting like they can see a significant drop in his performance at the end of games bc he is out of shape.

[/QUOTE]

He didnt play at the end of games. Stevens pulled him because he was tired

Sections
Shortcuts