Sully, a preview of things to come...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Sully, a preview of things to come...

Sully's 16 rebound game solidified his status as the real deal. He will def be in the running for ROY

honors if he keeps this kind of effort up. He also displaced any thoughts of moving him for a center type discussions. There is no telling how much better this kid is going to be.

With these type of players, we tend to look at what they can't do vs their abilities to maximize their potential. By playing with smarts, positioning coupled with hustle, he just seems to be at the right place often.

I particularly loved how he seems to place his body and arms in position to release his shots and grabb most of those rebounds. He may not be able to jump out of the building, but just goes after it. (Reminds me of a smaller version of Tim Duncan)

Apparently 16 rebs is the most for a rook since Gomes (17) in 2006, and most for a non-starter since Robey (17) in 1979..

I will go out on a limb here and predict a 20 reb game in the second half/season and a serious candidate for ROY and a joy to watch for years to come...

Sometimes, the deals you don't make are the best, as Sully reminds us of the old schools approach to the game.

http://espn.go.com/espn/eliashttp://espn.go.com/espn/elias

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Sully, a preview of things to come...

agree, this team is finding out who they are and Sully is a big part of it.  One of the things he also has that can't be taught is elite touch from 7 feet and in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Ortiz, I just watched that video of his O-rebounding that you posted the link for...I love this guy.  He lets the game come to him.  I think he will be fine on individual defense.  He had some good shows last night like when Gortat got past him he still bothered the shot from behind the shooting hand.  He knows how to get position and if he can do that he can move his feet and play NBA defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4701058/all-aboard-sullinger-eyes-next-stop

The kid is very humble and you can tell he was well coached..I dont see him getting a case of

Big Baby itis...lol..lets hope not.

Sully and AB are taking us to the next level.Both of these kids should have been lotto picks..If Melo makes  any type of similar impact we can expect some exciting times to be Celtic fans..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I wonder how many seasons Sullinger can play this way without his back condition becoming an issue?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Sully's 16 rebound game solidified his status as the real deal. He will def be in the running for ROY

honors if he keeps this kind of effort up. He also displaced any thoughts of moving him for a center type discussions. There is no telling how much better this kid is going to be.

With these type of players, we tend to look at what they can't do vs their abilities to maximize their potential. By playing with smarts, positioning coupled with hustle, he just seems to be at the right place often.

I particularly loved how he seems to place his body and arms in position to release his shots and grabb most of those rebounds. He may not be able to jump out of the building, but just goes after it. (Reminds me of a smaller version of Tim Duncan)

Apparently 16 rebs is the most for a rook since Gomes (17) in 2006, and most for a non-starter since Robey (17) in 1979..

I will go out on a limb here and predict a 20 reb game in the second half/season and a serious candidate for ROY and a joy to watch for years to come...

Sometimes, the deals you don't make are the best, as Sully reminds us of the old schools approach to the game.

http://espn.go.com/espn/eliashttp://espn.go.com/espn/elias

Imagine him next year after a year playing and an offseason workout program like Perk got. He will be atleast 20 lbs slimmer with more muscle and less fat and will  be a better leaper(never gonna be Blake Grifin) but I can see him being much more polished offensively next year and he has already shown he can play in this defense and thats only gonna get better as well. I just like the way he plays the game. for a College Star he sure does Hustle alot,. Rebounds with a passion, unselfish, can pass, make plays and does all the little slick stuff that 10 year vets do already. Def. a Steal and I would hate to see him traded. Danny dont do it!

Sections
Shortcuts