Sully, Bradley, and Fab for Cousins?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Sully, Bradley, and Fab for Cousins?

Will we win the championship with Cousins? If so, lets do it. I think Garnet spoke highly bout his game so..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Your thoughts, Celtic fans.

Who do the Heat have to offer?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Your thoughts, Celtic fans.

Who do the Heat have to offer?

I read that and was like wtf...heat are the Yankees of bball..ridiculous...if cousins and evans is attainable,  it would be great for c's

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I don't see the Celts trading for Cousins.  He is too much of a head case.  He can make a bad team decent but I will not risk championship aspirations on him.  Without championship aspirations, the trade does not make sense.  It compromises too much of the future.

Gortat is the only player that makes sense to me at 5.  Can get him cheaper than Cousins, is more mature and will fit in better with the Celts.

I am waiting to see what kind of Scorer-Bradley returns.  Last year, despite all of his defensive prowess, AB's offensive game left a lot to be desired.  If he can provide halfway decent scoring from the 2 spot, the Celts can become elite.

BTW, the signing of Jarvis Varnado indicates to me that the Celts will not make a big move.  If Varnado can provide better defense and rebounding than Bass, then he will improve the Celts.  By the end of the year, Fab Melo may get called back.  Don't laugh.  He may be better than Ryan Hollins by that time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Well, not all 3.......Bradley and Melo maybe...throw in a 1st round pick.  Hate to lose Sully.  Hate to lose AB also, but I think if our rebounding and post issues are addressed, our D will be better.............

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I don't see the Celts trading for Cousins.  He is too much of a head case.  He can make a bad team decent but I will not risk championship aspirations on him.  Without championship aspirations, the trade does not make sense.  It compromises too much of the future.

Gortat is the only player that makes sense to me at 5.  Can get him cheaper than Cousins, is more mature and will fit in better with the Celts.

I am waiting to see what kind of Scorer-Bradley returns.  Last year, despite all of his defensive prowess, AB's offensive game left a lot to be desired.  If he can provide halfway decent scoring from the 2 spot, the Celts can become elite.

Whats gortats value right now?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The Celtics are looking at not only Cousins, but SG Tyreke Evens as well.  

Bass, Terry, Lee, Melo and a #1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I don't like the deal

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

The Celtics are looking at not only Cousins, but SG Tyreke Evens as well.  

Bass, Terry, Lee, Melo and a #1

THAT trade i would do..............except it might cost us AB instead of Terry........they will not trade both Lee and Terry.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

No one knows for sure. But if the Suns keep losing, getting Gortat will be easier.

I think you are right and they are testing the market. The thing is if Cousins is available at bargain prices the Suns will have blown it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to cabutan's comment:

No one knows for sure. But if the Suns keep losing, getting Gortat will be easier.

I think you are right and they are testing the market. The thing is if Cousins is available at bargain prices the Suns will have blown it.

Does anybody remember what it took for the Pistons to acquire Sheed?  If I have to draw a parallel, Cousins is what Sheed was.  Well not exactly but close.  Sheed helped them win a championship.

Is Cousins as complete a player as Sheed?

Regarding Gortat and Cousins, both will be expensive.  Suns have no reason to trade Gortat and Cousins will be deemed more valuable.  I don't see why the Kings will trade Cousins for a deep discount.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

The deal I would do is

Wilcox, Melo, Lee and 2 #1s for Cousins & Evans

It gives them a young big man back and future picks. They will not want Sully and/or Bass because they already have TRob and JThompson. Lee replaces Evans but they can still use those 2 #1s to move up in the draft.

For the Celtics, It really puts us in the title mix if they can get away without giving up Green or AB. AB is too important to our defense and I don't think Doc would do it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I don't think that the Celts will make a major multi-player trade at mid-point of the season.  It will cause too much of a Chemistry issue.  Imagine trying to integrate both Evans and Cousins into the rotation.

It will be very expesive to acquire a Gortat or a Cousins unless Fab Melo starts blowing up the D-league.  That is not happening soon (by Jan 15).  And if it starts happening by Jan 15th. wouldn't you want to keep Fab?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

I don't think that the Celts will make a major multi-player trade at mid-point of the season.  It will cause too much of a Chemistry issue.  Imagine trying to integrate both Evans and Cousins into the rotation.

It will be very expesive to acquire a Gortat or a Cousins unless Fab Melo starts blowing up the D-league.  That is not happening soon (by Jan 15).  And if it starts happening by Jan 15th. wouldn't you want to keep Fab?

The chemistry issue is big. Cousins is a guy who came out and went fourth in the draft when he should have been first.  He is still trouble that is why he is available. Garnett if he is on board knows what is involved in getting this kid to play with him. I would leave it to him.    Cousins is more talented than Dwight. We need a big man to help him or the season is over.  We have to give up a lot to get one of these guys.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

with cousins and rondo we'd be all psych ward first team.  throw in KG with some puffed up chest style bluster and it's a take

but really "doc, come on in here and meet deMarcus".....  anyone think that's going to end well?   all ye who sharted themselves over davis' immaturity issues that would have to be considered EXTREMELY MILD compared to cousins, who actually does refuse to seek psychiatric help (the team did request it).......

good for a circus show, that's about it

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Like I said, Glen Davis is gone, get over it!

i realize he is gone- he's the only example of recent "immaturity" issues in a player that we have had- he was cited to show how well doc dealt with it = NOT WELL. who was i supposed to draw upon as an example of an immature psycho that the celts did not suffer kindly- MARVIN BARNES?!!?  there haven't been a whole lot of them in this town over the years.

fierce, you are an extremely low grade company line propagandist.  here you are caught with your pants around your ankles intellectually, one more time, claiming that i am pining for more glen davis when i am simply making an analogy between two players with acknowledged IMMATURITY PROBLEMS and how poorly our current coach- doc rivers- processed those problems with a MUCH LESSER CASE of immaturity issues than COUSINS- GET IT??? 

any time you want fiercie, you can pull your pants up, get over yourself, the other side awaits, you could even impersonate an adult and a reasonable thinking human being given enough discipline!!  or maybe that's the rub- all the fish oil caplets and ritalin in the world and you'd probably be the same a-wipe...

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts