Sully Hints No Rondo At Start Of Season

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Re: Sully Hints No Rondo At Start Of Season

I think it just makes sense to hold Rondo out until Jan - not just from a tanking standpoint.  It does take around a year to comeback from ACL surgery.  Rose tried to comeback sooner and he paid a price for it.  Sully should be eased back too.  Celtics play 31 games in Oct, Nov, and Dec. and without Rondo - I'd say 10-21.  Hopefully.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

So if Rondo is not even sure to play in December, that means the Celts will not get 30 wins.

Like I said, Ainge did the tanking for Sully and Brad Stevens.

Andrew Wiggins is not just a dream, it's a possibility!

Sounds a bit too good to be true Fierce...I'm all for it don't get me wrong...but a team like the Bobcats might be the lucky ones in that lottery

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I would bet the board is not this quiet next year at this time. We will hopefully be talking about our next Celtic superstar top 5 pick in a loaded draft. This year is going to be fun, for once i'm going to love every game we try hard, but just come up short in.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I think it just makes sense to hold Rondo out until Jan - not just from a tanking standpoint.  It does take around a year to comeback from ACL surgery.  Rose tried to comeback sooner and he paid a price for it.  Sully should be eased back too.  Celtics play 31 games in Oct, Nov, and Dec. and without Rondo - I'd say 10-21.  Hopefully.

5 wins in Nov., Dec., Jan., and March.

3 wins in Feb. and April.

Total - 26 wins

Worst case scenario - 23 wins

Best case scenario - 29 wins

That's my prediction

Don't you mean best case scenario = 23 wins and worst case = 29 wins.  Yeah, I think they'll end up with 28-32 wins.  It's not just about Wiggins, either.  A top five pick will be just fine with me because this draft is loaded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Call me overly optimistic but I think our record is going to be about the same as last year. I still think/hope we make a move or two before the beginning of the season. I'm a Rondo fan but, I don't want him rushed back either, like TJ said we don't want a Rose situation with this younger less experienced team. I felt we under achieved last year mostly because Doc decided about a week after Rondo went down to mail it in his last months.

As for Sully I hope he is ready as well but again, not if he's not 100%. We will miss PP and KG no doubt,but, I feel the culture change in our team is going to give some players the chance to exceed most observers expectations both as individual players and as a team.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

Call me overly optimistic but I think our record is going to be about the same as last year. I still think/hope we make a move or two before the beginning of the season. I'm a Rondo fan but, I don't want him rushed back either, like TJ said we don't want a Rose situation with this younger less experienced team. I felt we under achieved last year mostly because Doc decided about a week after Rondo went down to mail it in his last months.

As for Sully I hope he is ready as well but again, not if he's not 100%. We will miss PP and KG no doubt,but, I feel the culture change in our team is going to give some players the chance to exceed most observers expectations both as individual players and as a team.

I agree 100%. The draft is deep and our players have the potential to at least reach the mid 30's for wins. If our young guys gel with RR when he gets back....look out below!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I would bet the board is not this quiet next year at this time. We will hopefully be talking about our next Celtic superstar top 5 pick in a loaded draft. This year is going to be fun, for once i'm going to love every game we try hard, but just come up short in.

You don't want this board to be quiet?  Let me fix that.

"Rajon Rondo is great point guard and is the future of the Celtics!"

"Fierce is an electrifying poster who makes sense much more than not, unlike a number of other posters who largely don't make sense."

Perhaps I should new threads on these topics.

On topic, it is pretty obvious that this season will be an investment in not just player but also in coach development.  Serves the purpose very well.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

For the last time the lottery is rigged against us. We aren't getting Wiggins!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

That was a little stronger than a HINT!....and I am forced to agree with Fierce on this one....give it up with the "we're making a playoff run" b.s. folks, it ain't happening this year...go cry in your MAYPO, but stop the madness before you give the rest of us hives.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Tell me...just how expensive are rose colored glasses? Wouldn't it be a better use of money to get those specs advertised in the back of old Superman magazines, you know, the "X-RAY" glasses that let you look through girls clothes?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

We will miss them KG/PP but bottom line I expect 32-35 wins. Playoffs doubtful but lo-middle 30's yes!

20 b2b. plus couple of really bad weeks on the road but all in all a possible 8 slot. (just hopin)!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Sections
Shortcuts