Sully's rookie predictions...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Sully's rookie predictions...

Wow - I can't say one thing without my little stalker coming after me.  TWO people heard Doc say it, and I posted a quote from Ainge.  I don't know if this stuff is true, I just post what I read.............Jezus, go stalk someone else, I'm tired of your act

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Ah, no....in the interview Doc said he would try Sully at the 5 in camp....he likes the way he passes out of the low post.........same size as Baby was....blah blah blah........you didn't hear it, I did!  No one else (REAL Celtics fans) have a problem with it...............

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just for the record I heard Doc say it as well.  He wasn't just talking about summer league.  I think its pretty obvious Sully will get time this year.  I think it may not be a lot to start but as the season progresses I think we will see more and more of him.  I have no doubt in my mind he is our best rebounder.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The guy can play.  He wont be an all star but he is already a decent rotation big in the NBA.  All you have to do is watch him for five minutes to see that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

The guy can play.  He wont be an all star but he is already a decent rotation big in the NBA.  All you have to do is watch him for five minutes to see that.

Yeah... and I'm pretty sure it won't be for 5 mins a game as some fools predicted

I'd say at the start of the year Sully gets 12-16 mins a game and Bass 22-26... then, as long as Sully gets more confident and comfortable with the faster/bigger players as rookies do, and hopefully sheds 10-12lbs of fat while adding 4-7 in muscle... he will be playing 20+ mins by 2013 and Bass in the teens

Pierce will play some 2, allowing Green to get more time on the floor at the 3. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

More and more teams are getting away from the traditional "numbers" anyway.  The Heat want to have a positionless lineup.  Pat Riley wanted that in the 80's.  I'm hoping Doc is not worrying about who is out there for the other team, but rather, who WE put out on the floor.  Let's face it - if you have Rondo, Terry, Pierce, Green and KG out there..........that is a tough team to defend.......what C would want to go out and cover KG twenty feet from the hoop?

Go Doc!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Based upon what we've seen, Id predict Sully gets 15 mins per game, maybe more. Of course, as the season progresses, production and injuries will dictate but its fun to just guess..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Yeah... and I'm pretty sure it won't be for 5 mins a game as some fools predicted

I'd say at the start of the year Sully gets 12-16 mins a game and Bass 22-26... then, as long as Sully gets more confident and comfortable with the faster/bigger players as rookies do, and hopefully sheds 10-12lbs of fat while adding 4-7 in muscle... he will be playing 20+ mins by 2013 and Bass in the teens

Pierce will play some 2, allowing Green to get more time on the floor at the 3. 

Pretty much what I said without putting the numbers to it.  I think his rebounding is going to get his playing time,  the other stuff will be a bonus.  Defense also figures into it as Doc definitely won't play a rookie if he isn't playing defense.  With all I have read  Sully if catching on to all of it quickly.  I think we have drafted another Paul Pierce type.  Might eventually be a all star- coaches selection.  Won't dazzle you with his ability but will get the job done. There are a lot of teams going to wish they had drafted this young man.

Sections
Shortcuts