Summer League of Love 2001

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Summer League of Love 2001

Do any of you guys remember Khalid El-Amin being the Celtics' Magic Johnson out in the UMass Summer League. He outshone everyone. It was a mad summer with the likes of this being spouted:

Leo Papile: "If you look at the point guards drafted, Raul Lopez, Jamaal Tinsley, Tony Parker, I honestly think he would have been the first point guard taken."

"expecting Antoine to play major minutes at the point"

"We need a veteran," said O'Brien. "There are no veterans on our team. We are not interested in another young guy, God knows we have an abundance of young guys on our team."

I guess that last comment by Coach OB explains why Joe Johnson was shipped out for Tony Delk :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Summer League of Love 2001

is there a point here?

or just rambling thoughts from yesteryear?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

is there a point here?

lol, just rambling. I always think of that dude this time of year. it's a discussion board dude. the journey is the thing, not the point of arrival. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

The difference is when El-Amin was with the Celts in the 2001 summer league, he was no longer a rookie.

that's true. he was an unlucky kinda dude though. came into a shambles of a Bulls set-up and the pure size of him too...

i remember chris wallace going proactively on the defense over Tony Parker..saying that there were loads of good veteran point guards out there. almost like he had miscounted and forgot parker was still on the board. that celtics front office sounded way different to DA..at least with DA you have the man throwing down his roots and demanding we all get out our watering cans. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

is there a point here?

lol, just rambling. I always think of that dude this time of year. it's a discussion board dude. the journey is the thing, not the point of arrival. 

yep...just wasn't sure.

onto the wayback machine...I rememebr when THIS guy was going to be a PLAYER!!

Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

is there a point here?

yep...just wasn't sure.

Cool

Oh man, I do remember this dude playing for the Mavs...I mean a great name like that is unforgettable. No idea he was a Celtics summer leaguer. He was a slow version of Vitaly. There should be a summer league hall of fame!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

is there a point here?

yep...just wasn't sure.

Cool

Oh man, I do remember this dude playing for the Mavs...I mean a great name like that is unforgettable. No idea he was a Celtics summer leaguer. He was a slow version of Vitaly. There should be a summer league hall of fame!

I don't know if there even was such thing as a summer league back then!

he was a celtic draft pick however.

Sections
Shortcuts