Suns @ Celtics Game No-35

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Re: Suns @ Celtics Game No-35

In response to genaro008's comment:

It is perplexing on how we get a big without messing with the mojo we playing with.

Exactly,  you really only have a couple of choices in order to make a significant upgrade. Give up 1 star vet (likely Rondo) or give up 1 or more young players (sully and Bradley) plus a couple of role players

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

It is perplexing on how we get a big without messing with the mojo we playing with.

Bass and Lee are expendable. Both don't play big roles so losing both would not be "messing with the mojo".

I agree but who wants them?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I hope we work something out. Wish we still had Kristic  he would been ok not great but a big who could rebond the O glass and stop the lanes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

Exactly,  you really only have a couple of choices in order to make a significant upgrade. Give up 1 star vet (likely Rondo) or give up 1 or more young players (sully and Bradley) plus a couple of role players

Rondo, Bradley, Sully, and Terry are not going to be traded.

Of course Pierce and KG are untouchable.

Fierce, I hope you are wrong because I believe team needs a top level big.  I don't want any of the players you listed to be traded,  but the C's need to do something fairly significant to be able to beat a healthy heat team. Trading this teams role players will bring back players like koufos,  mozgov, or maybe dalembert. I don't think that's enough

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Gortat is my 1st choice Ill settle for Dalembert

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to Accension13's comment:

Fierce, I hope you are wrong because I believe team needs a top level big.  I don't want any of the players you listed to be traded,  but the C's need to do something fairly significant to be able to beat a healthy heat team. Trading this teams role players will bring back players like koufos,  mozgov, or maybe dalembert. I don't think that's enough

We'll see.

But I agree that Mozgov or Dalembert would not be enough.

Gortat is the perfect fit for the Celts right now.

I like gortat too. He would be great in the celtics system.  Cousins would be my number 1 choice though.  Gortat would probably be number 2 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Please pay attention, Kirk!

Everybody and I mean everybody thinks the Celtics need to make a trade to get a big man.

You're the only one who disagrees. 

Get it?

I must say that I am on the fence.  If they trade for Gortat then KG will have to move back to 4.  The Celts have a system going.  A number of new guys now have the opportunity to find themselves in the system.  Make a big change and who knows how long it will take for things to settle down.

On the flip side, come playoffs, teams will start beating up on KG.  How long will he be able to sustain it?  A good big will be very helpful.

I will be happy with Gortat.  Otherwise I will hope for signing some buyout guy.  I have not checked that Fierce is pretty sure that we can use an exception to pay them more than other teams.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Fierce is right we have Bi-annual exception.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Here is an interesting qoute from this article

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/225512/Exec_Significant_Trades_Unlikely_Until_February

The NBA’s trade deadline remains more than a month away, but rumors have begun to intensify with franchise cornerstones like Rudy Gay, DeMarcus Cousins, Zach Randolph and Rajon Rondo showing up in reports across the league. 

While speculation in the media has increased, there hasn’t been a ton of substantive talk among NBA teams at this point. After a conversation with a league executive on Wednesday, the takeaway was that we may not see any significant moves for a few weeks.

i thought it was interesting they mention Rondo. I have not seen any Rondo rumors

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

trade jeff green. hes obviously useless.

And u were saying

u didnt catch my sarcasm there?

+

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

We just won four games in a row.

We have Melo and Wilcox coming and openings for two vets.

A trade would be stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Kirk, I'm torn about it like most of us.  Melo made an important step just before that bizare concussion, but he's got to make a couple of more steps before he's ready to play.  It will happen.  I think Fab will be a force in the paint someday (at the very least on defense), and I'd love nothing more than to se him turn Cousins in to the infant that KG turned Carmelo into by blocking everything he brings with that Fab just being Fab style of his.  But he's not going to be playoff speed ready this year (hope I'm magically wrong).

Here's where I totally agree with you.  The best move the Celts made last year was no move at all. It came together and they had a punchers chance by the end, and almost made it.  I see the same thing happening with this team after tonight, except this team is better than last years.  All hands were on deck tonight, and when Rondo got that T from the bench AB was right behind him staring that knuckle head down from Pheonix.  

The things that have to happen to a team throughout the course of a season in order to make them feel that it's up to them and nobody else began tonight.  KG had to pick the scab over these last couple of games to get everyone going, but they're all bleeding green now.

I'm torn though, and if they got a stop gap for less because Melo won't be ready this year, it might make the difference in May and June.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts