Suns@Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Suns@Celtics

In Response to Re: Suns@Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Wow. This is beyond my worst expectations. Age has finally caught up with them, as the shortened pre/season has accentuated. I don't think it's at all premature to blow up the team.  The longer we wait, the less value the old dudes have.  I mean, maybe they play well for a month and restore value to some degree, but I don't think that's a safe bet.  Garnett is done.  Pierce should show an uptick.  Allen is Allen.  But at the end of the day, they're just old. And it's sad. We'll be lucky to make the playoffs, blessed to win in the first round, and there's just no way we get further than that. And if that's all we got, might as well start blowing it up sooner than later.  Not that I'm an expert in timing it and all.  Don't know.  Just .... my mind is blown by how bad they look this year.
    Posted by JustWords[/QUOTE]
    It wasn't just age. You have to add really bad draft picks, foolish trades, and bad signings. It all added up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This is not a championship team.  There is no need to drag it out and try to be a 6 to 8 place team.  That will only hamper the rebuilding process.  Let's get into the lottery and hope for the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]This is not a championship team.  There is no need to drag it out and try to be a 6 to 8 place team.  That will only hamper the rebuilding process.  Let's get into the lottery and hope for the best.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    thinking that way myself.  Getting eliminated 1st round (if we do make the playoffs) not going to mean or help much.  DA will let it drag out longer, but the warranty's long since expired on this team.  Time to start over. 
    Attn: Doc - give them rooks experience this year.  You'll need them next season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

First off, this is the KG we'll see this season.  He'll have an occasional double-double but this type of game is what we should prepare ourselves to get from KG on the regular.  I'm declaring it right now -- PP is in basketball shape.  He may not be in mid season shape but he's in enough basketball shape that he should not be performing like he is.  Did you see Grant Hill block his shot?  PP did not even get off the floor.  And Ray is the classiest, most professional player in the NBA but he turns over the ball with such frequency.  You saw signs of that last year but this year, it's out of control.  As for his shot, it's gotten pretty inconsistent.  Its acceptable that Ray's shot has gotten pretty inconsistent only because it's Ray and THAT is alot better than most any alternative.

JON is done.  Again, from a consistency standpoint, he is consistently BAD.  He cannot shoot.  He cannot defend.  He cannot rebound.  He's too slow and is basically done.

This is frustrating watching this team.  And Doc doesn't even appear to be coaching.  And it really doesn't seem like there is a true leader, a vocal leader, or a performance leader on this team.  We're lost on the court.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

"The best thing that Danny Ainge could do right now to bring honor to himself is to blow this team up-trade KG, Allen, and Pierce for some number 1 picks in next year's deep draft and resign. Give the next GM something to work with...draft picks in next year's draft and cap room..I don't know if he'd be able to get anything for these guys. Fierce will let us know if Boston can do this..This era is over. "

sad to read that  but I do agree

perfect storm of ruin happened upon the whole organization

saw it coming  but so  fast..

need to fill those seats and keep ace ticks nice and fat

wish someone would drop a lawsuit against the ticket scalpers..

Boston sports has been  owned by the almighty buck

stinkin scalpers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suns@Celtics : It wasn't just age. You have to add really bad draft picks, foolish trades, and bad signings. It all added up.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

True enough.

I guess my focus was on the big 3 since I don't get to watch many games.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing this year.....

Sections
Shortcuts