suns shopping gortat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

suns shopping gortat?

hump for gortat at the trade deadline?

Bass for gortat?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: suns shopping gortat?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

hump for gortat at the trade deadline?

Bass for gortat?

We don't need Gortat.

He's older than Bass and Humpy.

We need players that are just 25 years old or younger.

gortat has expiring deal, next year we could re-sign him in a discounted price or atleast one year contract. hopefully wallace, bass, and lee will be traded for expiring deals.

had some great vibes that rondo could recruit anthony to teamed up with him

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

For the love of God forget about Gortat please!! No more Gortat threads!! Here's 30 seconds of my life I can't get back!! Damn!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

4 years ago this made sense.  Now its just silly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

doesnt matter if Cs wont resign him as long as we clear some cap space for 2014, im good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Gortat is a decent player he could help us this year. He isn't the answer but I think he would be a better fit than Humpty and he also in the last year of his contract. Depends who we give up to get him. If we could have Humptys and his contract expiring after this season it would free up 20 mil in space for either 1 or 2 big FAs or we could resign him for about the same $$ at 7 mil he a decent value for a decent big. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I may be dreaming, but out three rookie bigs looked good to me and they all three have upside.  I am satisfied to play with them.  I do not see a 2 in the crowd we have that is ready.  I would love to see if Pressey can play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We don't need or want help like that (Gortat) this year.  Just a futile move that doesn't get us anywhere.  We are rebuilding for the future not fine tuning for one year.  And Gortat is not the answer for the future. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

gortot is not going to win a championship in boston, but right now he is certainly better than any true center on the celtics roster.

the celtics need help at center even if they do not make the playoff because without some help they are certainly not going to even sniff an 8th place finish.

did you notice that they got outrebounded by 20 in their first exhibition game?

i would send humphries out right now for gortot even up and use some of the the gained salary cap money to go sign randolph immediately (if he can get out of his latest chinese contract).

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

for 2 million I rather have "El Hombre Indestructible"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If your rotation is this:

C - Gortat, Faverani

PF - Olynyk, Sully, Bass

SF - Green, Wallace

SG - Bradley, Lee

PG - Rondo, Dragic

and:

-  all those players are healthy, obviously/especially Rondo

- Veterans (except GW) are all playing the best basketball of their careers (possible, they are all under 30 except GW)

- Sully and Avery make huge leaps from 'flash crazy talent' to guys who would start on many teams and are consistently very good' (EX: AB 35%+ from floor and shuts down best guard almost every game, Sully 8p/10r in 26 mins)

- Stevens is the genius many overly enthusiastic fans believe he will be

- Wallace's D can extremely limit elite SF's when unleased in just 14-18 mins a game

THEN the Celtics could be a DANGEROUS 2nd rd playoff team

A trade of Hump, Crawford, Brooks and the Nets 1st rd pick saves the Suns 15 million of Dragic after this season as they go with (and pay) Bledsoe for the future. The pick has some value and one of Crawford/Brooks should mature and stick with Phoenix long-term. Suns are a SG starved club and those guys are only 23-24.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

After that Suns trade:

1. Pressey shines as a 18-22 min a game backup to Dragic until Rondo returns around Thanksgiving, dusts off the rust by Christmas and is a dominating top 5 PG by the all-star break

2. This sets up a 3 team trade for.... Aldridge

Bass and Bogans (11 million) to a western conference contender for a late 1st and expiring contract

Pressy, Sully, that expiring and both 1st's to Portland for Aldridge.

Starters: Rondo-Bradley-Green-Aldridge-Gortat

Bench: Dragic-Lee-Wallace-Olynyk-Faverani

Who in their right mind wants to play that team? Size, depth, defense, scoring, passing, rebounding, nastiness, a mini big 3 of stars all around the same age. Just a lack of a scary 3 point threat, although Dragic and Green can get it going from there and Lee was a career 37% (?) guy before last year.

Sections
Shortcuts