Suns working on buyout of Carter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Suns working on buyout of Carter

Vince Carter?  Anyone?  Anyone?  As an option to Jamal Crawford.  Would he be nice coming in for Ray.  Crawford is 3 years younger.....BUT  Carter could start with Ray coming off the bench.  I know everyone wants to get younger, but this could be a really good deal for us - PHX is purging at the 2/3!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Suns working on buyout of Carter

In Response to Re: Suns working on buyout of Carter:
    [QUOTE]Everywhere VC went the team crashed and burned. I don't want that to happen to the Celts.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

True, then let's have LAL get him!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Who is worse Gilbert Arenas or VC for a competing team?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suns working on buyout of Carter : I wouldn't be surprised if Jim Buss does that.

Then, if Shannon Brown opts out, how about him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Vince Carter's attitude and effort would derail us before training camp ended.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Thanks guys - message received loud and clear!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Problem is, every team VC has been on he was expected to be the best/co-best player.  He's not a top dog player.  He doesn't shine when the spotlight is the brightest.  But on the right team, he could be a great scoring option.  He could stand to be on a team where he was the 4th or 5th best player so he could just do what he does, which is score. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

I would pay Vince Carter to stay away from my team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

He's an interesting option. Part of my thoughts say, why not give him a shot? However a greater part of my thoughts say no. He's a very talented player. However he's always been a "me first" type of player. His usual lack of defensive effort is a huge red flag.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrientalYakuza. Show OrientalYakuza's posts

he can't guard my grandma

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

am i the only one that would actually take vince carter in a second at the right price? the downfall of his career is people thinking and giving him the responsibility of being the franchise player...put him in our system i think he will benefit greatly to it.
    he is a good player. and i think we can gain alot with him on our team when it comes to scoring (which was a big problem throughout the year)!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 6/20/2011
    Everywhere VC went the team crashed and burned. I don't want that to happen to the Celts.
    ----------------------------------

Considering the Celtics are not due for another title run until the year 2030, he is probably Ainge's top priority.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]am i the only one that would actually take vince carter in a second at the right price? the downfall of his career is people thinking and giving him the responsibility of being the franchise player...put him in our system i think he will benefit greatly to it. he is a good player. and i think we can gain alot with him on our team when it comes to scoring (which was a big problem throughout the year)!
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

That was my point.  He's been miscast as a franchise player because of the flash his whole career.  He's really best cast as a scorer, and he'd be a pretty good bench player at this point in his career. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]Everywhere VC went the team crashed and burned. I don't want that to happen to the Celts.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Who is worse Gilbert Arenas or VC for a competing team?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

arenas is definitely worse but carter is not far behind.  neither is worth having.  they should be playing for non-contenders playing out the string cashing paychecks. 

i don't think the lakers are stupid enough to want carter.  he's one of the greatest chokers in NBA history.  and sporadic effort during his best days as well.  he's really just one step above latrine sprewell if you think about it

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]am i the only one that would actually take vince carter in a second at the right price? the downfall of his career is people thinking and giving him the responsibility of being the franchise player...put him in our system i think he will benefit greatly to it. he is a good player. and i think we can gain alot with him on our team when it comes to scoring (which was a big problem throughout the year)!
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

yeah, VC redemption in boston would work just like V BAKER redemption worked in boston.  it didn't.  and carter woudln't hit the bottle but he'd probably do even worse things to screw up the team.

Sections
Shortcuts