Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation!

When Superman signs up with the Lakers he'll have a far superior team around him than his current mob.

Looking forward to seeing you at Staples big fella...wearing the famed purple and gold!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation!

"You want to see Derrick Rose in the 2nd round? I got tickets."

- Jamal Crawford to Jameer Nelson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So they trade Bynum and draft picks since they have no cap space

By then Kobe is a 35-39 year old 16ppg scorer during Dwights years, not even better than 07-09 Rashard Lewis or 2011 Jason Richardson. Who will be the PG?

Cool, go get the player guys like Big Baby and Perk can nuetralize

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation!:
    So they trade Bynum and draft picks since they have no cap space By then Kobe is a 35-39 year old 16ppg scorer during Dwights years, not even better than 07-09 Rashard Lewis or 2011 Jason Richardson. Who will be the PG? Cool, go get the player guys like Big Baby and Perk can nuetralize
    Posted by rameakap

I agree that the Lakers would have to trade some of their current players to sign Howard.   Not sure that they would be much better.   With the new CBA, who even knows what the salary cap will be. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I would think they would need to get rid of artest plus somebody better like odem to make room for the kind of money dwight wants.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation! : I agree that the Lakers would have to trade some of their current players to sign Howard.   Not sure that they would be much better.   With the new CBA, who even knows what the salary cap will be. 
    Posted by susan250

Agree completely.... these statements made in a vacuum really are funny.  I can see D Howard sitting there right now "let's see I have more money than God, I will always make the most money possible, so maybe I want to go to a team that has some talent because with all this money the only relevant thing is winning titles -so I will go to el lay where there will not be any talent left, or maybe I will go to Boston where ummm there will be no talent left"......  if people could just stop and think through some of these idiotic statements then maybe they would not make them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

except that boston will have a young rondo and a young jeff green. fill in the rest however you want, but howard, rondo and green give you a pretty nice start.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

anyone who thinks the celtics and their tradition and their cold winters hold even the slightest appeal to dewey howard are mistaken. no sir. swimming pools, movie stars, bright colors and expensive trinkets top his priority list.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation! : Agree completely.... these statements made in a vacuum really are funny.  I can see D Howard sitting there right now "let's see I have more money than God, I will always make the most money possible, so maybe I want to go to a team that has some talent because with all this money the only relevant thing is winning titles -so I will go to el lay where there will not be any talent left, or maybe I will go to Boston where ummm there will be no talent left"......  if people could just stop and think through some of these idiotic statements then maybe they would not make them.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Why should they stop and think things out when it gives you such a thrill to criticize them? What would you have to do then. Really your existence is under the gun now that Perk is gone and Rondo is playing stellar playoff ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If warm climates and winning are his priorities, why not just take a 10mil a year contract and go play with miami?  Maybe because it wouldn't take him far enough away from turkoglue?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Bynum's upside is greater than Dwight's, IMO. The only question, albeit a big one, is Bynum's health. But he's still young - I'd still gamble on keeping him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Why would ORL make this trade?  Howard is better than Bynum and it would help the lakers!!

If Kupchak is so high on Bynum, why is this even a discussion??  My money is he stays in ORL with a new coach, no Hedo and they try hard to get CP3!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

D. Howard isn't going anywhere......waist of bandwidth here!!!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

I agree with JM, Dwight will be staying put in Orlando. The CBA will take care of that as he will be able to make the most money, in a new arena and no state taxes.

Oh, and the 2012 (if it ever happens...) all star game is in Orlando...

I do not think that Dwight has the same motivation as Shaq. Remember that Shaq got pissed that he was offered a lae contract in Orlando. dwight (as a child that he is) does not have the same motivations...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

I Remember that Shaq got pissed that he was offered a lae contract in Orlando. dwight (as a child that he is) does not have the same motivations...
    Posted by donquique

DH does not have the same motivation? Oh, so DH wants to continue being a playoff loser whilst making millions? WRONG!

DH will make millions regardless, however he wants to WIN championships and it ain't gonna happen in Orlando.

Bring in the reigning back to back World Champions, the no#1 basketball franchise of all time, great weather, Hollywood, beautiful people etc etc...ding ding ding. Superman lands in L.A!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation! : DH does not have the same motivation? Oh, so DH wants to continue being a playoff loser whilst making millions? WRONG! DH will make millions regardless, however he wants to WIN championships and it ain't gonna happen in Orlando. Bring in the reigning back to back World Champions, the no#1 basketball franchise of all time, great weather, Hollywood, beautiful people etc etc...ding ding ding. Superman lands in L.A!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

The No #1 basketball franchise? So you you are saying he is coming to Boston? He will if he doesn't want to be in second palce the rest of his life. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

D. Howard isn't going anywhere......waist of bandwidth here!!!!

Posted by jdm894g

haaaaa...good one

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation! : The No #1 basketball franchise? So you you are saying he is coming to Boston? He will if he doesn't want to be in second palce the rest of his life. 
    Posted by jtkl

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Lakers

Game over! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213416/Contract_Extension_On_Table_For_Howard

I'm sure it's for the max - here's hoping he signs it so people can shut up!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation! : http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Lakers Game over! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

Championships:

Boston Celtics 17 Los Angeles Lakers 11.

Call me when you get six more junior. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Superman is out...welcome to the Laker Nation!:
    When Superman signs up with the Lakers he'll have a far superior team around him than his current mob. Looking forward to seeing you at Staples big fella...wearing the famed purple and gold!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

What about HOF'er Andrew Bynum you dummy.

Sections
Shortcuts