Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships"

Well, we all thought the Sox were "shoe-in's for the championship when they added Gonzales and Crawford to the roster.....so much for counting titles before the games begin...

Being both a Dodger and Sox fan, I like this trade....I also like our Celtics since Danny added pieces while making us deeper and younger....but the season must play itself out....I am looking forward to the challenges our teams face....being a New England sports fan sure can be fun....?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships"

In Response to Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships":
    Well, we all thought the Sox were "shoe-in's for the championship when they added Gonzales and Crawford to the roster.....so much for counting titles before the games begin... Being both a Dodger and Sox fan, I like this trade....I also like our Celtics since Danny added pieces while making us deeper and younger....but the season must play itself out....I am looking forward to the challenges our teams face....being a New England sports fan sure can be fun....?  
    Posted by Duke4

Amen, Duke....I'm starting a "bring back Tito " campaign......are you in?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to "Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships"":
    Well, we all thought the Sox were "shoe-in's for the championship when they added Gonzales and Crawford to the roster.....so much for counting titles before the games begin... Being both a Dodger and Sox fan, I like this trade....I also like our Celtics since Danny added pieces while making us deeper and younger....but the season must play itself out....I am looking forward to the challenges our teams face....being a New England sports fan sure can be fun....?   Posted by Duke4
    Good post! To your point, adding the correct pieces to a team is important! I am really looking forward to watching the rookies develop and watching CL reep the benefits of playing with the best PG in the game! In addition, I can't wait to see JT run up the floor with "flaps down" after hitting his first 3-point shot! Go Celtics!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Well, we all thought the Sox were "shoe-in's for the championship when they added Gonzales and Crawford to the roster.....so much for counting titles before the games begin... Being both a Dodger and Sox fan, I like this trade....I also like our Celtics since Danny added pieces while making us deeper and younger....but the season must play itself out....I am looking forward to the challenges our teams face....being a New England sports fan sure can be fun....?  
    Posted by Duke4

AG and Beckett will provide HUGE dividends in LA, making the Dodgers competitive for the 1st time in a long time (against the Yankees).... and the great pitching prospects that the Soxs got and the salary dump will payoff in the long run for them too.

A win-win situation.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

In Response to Re: Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships":
    In Response to Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships" : AG and Beckett will provide HUGE dividends in LA, making the Dodgers competitive for the 1st time in a long time (against the Yankees).... and the great pitching prospects that the Soxs got and the salary dump will payoff in the long run for them too. A win-win situation. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I thought the Dodgers were already competitive.  Competitive against the Yankees??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

good posts all guys.....the pitching has the potential to be much improved down the road...De La Rosa can hit 100 mph....

I am also hoping the Celtic rookies show us something this year (see Sullinger)...

Hedley, I'm 100% all in buddy....!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It is a miracle! 6-posts in and still on topic!

On the topic of developing rookies, I was hoping the C's would reach out to P. Ewing to mentor Melo. He will need someone other than KG and Doc to push him on a daily basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

I can't believe Duke actually made a comment without mentioning 9-3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakerfaker. Show lakerfaker's posts

It is a miracle! 6-posts in and still on topic! On the topic of developing rookies, I was hoping the C's would reach out to P. Ewing to mentor Melo. He will need someone other than KG and Doc to push him on a daily basis.
    Posted by BCSP

what about the dude that coached their bigs a few years ago.  They should make a move to bring him back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Duke it's a very good time to be a Boston sports fan, especially with this Red Sox trade which will make things very interesting soon enough. You didn't mention the Bruins but they bring some thing to the mix as well. 

Those of us who went through rough Boston sports periods know what we have now - it's great to be a part of, Celtics included.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Agree 100% buddy..!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Celtics made it to 7 games in the semi-finals against the Heat without JG, Wilcox and a lack of depth & now they are an all around team with perhaps the best bench in the whole NBA &  practically no weakness other than maybe another "Big" but lets see how it goes since Collins is KG's backup and we have a young Fab Melo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships" : what about the dude that coached their bigs a few years ago.  They should make a move to bring him back.
    Posted by lakerfaker

I think you are referring to Clifford Ray? He did a great job with Perk and Jefferson! Great suggestion!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Superstars and "Guaranteed Championships":

Posted by Duke4

Amen, Duke....I'm starting a "bring back Tito " campaign......are you in?

The manager wasn't to blame for the demise of the Red Sox last season.  The team just wasn't playing consistent baseball and the pitching being the major problem that still exists.  This trade gives them the chance to restructure for next season and hopefully make better roster decisions. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Celtics made it to 7 games in the semi-finals against the Heat without JG, Wilcox and a lack of depth & now they are an all around team with perhaps the best bench in the whole NBA &  practically no weakness other than maybe another "Big" but lets see how it goes since Collins is KG's backup and we have a young Fab Melo.

Good ideas...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

how about sending Melo to the Dream's for coaching..He seems to talk about him as a mentor...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

how about sending Melo to the Dream's for coaching..He seems to talk about him as a mentor...

All he has to do is cough up 50,000 a week for lessons

Sections
Shortcuts