Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!

Is Jared Sullinger the real deal?  If he isn't, disregard this post.  What if he IS?  Then, this kid needs to play!

Suppose we get half-way through the season, and realize we have Sully and AB playing very well.....................how about this for a trade?

OKC gets Bass and Lee - BOS gets Perk and Cook
    OKC starts Westbrook, Sephalosha, Durant, Bass and Ibaka, with Lee, Harden, Maynor, PJ3 and Collison off the bench.

We would have Rondo, AB, PP,  KG and Perk, with a bench mob of Dooling, Terry, Green, Cook, Sullinger and Wilcox.

Something to think about??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!

I don't know if Sullinger will be a great player as I don't watch college ball and the transition from College to NBA is difficult to judge. People with more knowlegde then me fail every year on that regard.
    But: If Sully is a stud, why do we need Perk back? Where is the correlation? Just getting rid of Bass? I thought all of you want us to be more athletic? Perk 2012 will run with Rondo? And why give away our only guard who is not a dwarf?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Love to see Serge Ibaka in Green...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!:
    I don't know if Sullinger will be a great player as I don't watch college ball and the transition from College to NBA is difficult to judge. People with more knowlegde then me fail every year on that regard. But: If Sully is a stud, why do we need Perk back? Where is the correlation? Just getting rid of Bass? I thought all of you want us to be more athletic? Perk 2012 will run with Rondo? And why give away our only guard who is not a dwarf?
    Posted by Gasthoerer

Well, I'm really not advocating this, but there are some posters here who feel we still will need another rebounder at the deadline.  Perk would fit that bill.  I would take Josh Smith as well.........point is, Bass would be redundant and has a nice moveable contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

JUST LET IT GO DAMNIT !

NO MORE PERK TALK  , NO MORE TRADES WITH OKC

HOW ABOUT WE WATCH THIS TEAM AS CONSTRUCTED BY MR AINGE & STAFF ?

WAKE ME UP WHEN OCTOBER ENDS !

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : If rebounding will be our problem again, why can't we trade for a guy that is a good rebounder? Perkins has never been a big time rebounder. We only had 1 player (KG at 8.2) average more than 6.2 rebounds per game last year.
    Posted by TommyRules

Well, that was just one name......how about Josh Smith?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Right now Josh Smith is out of the Celts reach. I mean Brandon Bass for Josh Smith?  And don't say 1st round pick because the Celts pick for the next 3 years will most likely be in the 20s.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Again, just throwing stuff out there.  SOME posters here (not me) think we didn't address our rebounding woes.  I'm saying our team is very deep and we could address that at the trade deadline.  YOU said that, as well.  I'm just throwing out  a couple of names.  I know Smith is a reach, but Perk isn't, esp if he is an amnesty candidate. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jp3000. Show jp3000's posts

We need either Sully or Melo to be impact players. If Sully can rebound and play solid D he will get his mins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sullinger looks to be at worst a hard rebounding bull-in-a-china-shop player who will make a living at the FT line.  Reminds me of a bigger Danny Fortson, a better all around BBD, or dare I say it, Zach Randolph lite. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

He isnt! Hope im wrong BUT he was the featured player in SL and was only so so. He wont even see the ball once the season starts. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Sullinger looks to be at worst a hard rebounding bull-in-a-china-shop player who will make a living at the FT line.  Reminds me of a bigger Danny Fortson, a better all around BBD, or dare I say it, Zach Randolph lite. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I said Mark Aguirre, and I'm sticking to it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

Ummm, Why do we want Perk back again??? I saw a guy in the finals being a non-factor. In the East where there arent many big centers, he is a waste of money.
    Posted by patsfan76

cosigned

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!:
    Is Jared Sullinger the real deal?  If he isn't, disregard this post.  What if he IS?  Then, this kid needs to play! Suppose we get half-way through the season, and realize we have Sully and AB playing very well.....................how about this for a trade? OKC gets Bass and Lee - BOS gets Perk and Cook OKC starts Westbrook, Sephalosha, Durant, Bass and Ibaka, with Lee, Harden, Maynor, PJ3 and Collison off the bench. We would have Rondo, AB, PP,  KG and Perk, with a bench mob of Dooling, Terry, Green, Cook, Sullinger and Wilcox. Something to think about??
    Posted by hedleylamarr

OMG didn't you fillet me about a month ago on how I should go READ how Sully's lower back is injured and now you are saying he might be the real deal!  lmao

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : Aguirre and Sully is a poor comparison. Aguirre was a very good ball handler who would beat the defender off the dribble even though he was a little chunky. More of a finess player than a bull. Sully is not a good ball handler and is much taller and stronger than Aguirre and is a power player.
    Posted by TommyRules

Strongly disagree!!  He was a post up player at DePaul, and early in his career.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I watched every summer league game. A few observations. Sully is a very good rebounder, he boxes out well and shows good hustle.

He  did struggle a LOT against length in the paint. Hes very similiar in that regard to bbaby. It helped him tremendously that he was able to get to the line, BUT the times he didnt it wasnt pretty. He really got NOTHING ez everything was a tough floater/running/hook shot type of attempt. Hes gonna have to REALLY improve his jumper and make it a consitent weapon so he doesnt have to  constantly post up against the trees.  

His defense against the pick and roll was pretty bad, his shows were adequate, but he was very slow to recover. His post defense is pretty good however, he shows a lot of lower body strength and opponents had a hard time moving him, and he contested shots pretty well with his long arms.

His passing ability was a pleasant surprise, especially when he was doubled.  You can tell this young man has seen his share of double teams, cuz as soon as the help came he would swing the ball immediately to the weakside with good crisp passes.

Overall, I liked what I saw with his rebounding, soft touch, ability to draw fouls,and bball iq (as far reading the defense and being decisive with the ball). Its ez to forget with his massive size but sully is only 20 YEARS OLD. He his quiet skilled already so with nba conditioning and coaching he has a pretty good upside. At 22 hes a very good talent that late in the draft. As far as an all star player, I dont see that happening. More likely he becomes a starter/very good bench player type of player. Which again at 22 is a great value. Im looking forward to watching his development.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4696595/sullinger-using-smarts-and-hustle

Sections
Shortcuts