Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!

In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : We don't know he is the real deal. He should rebound well, but how much will he score? He only shot 30% in the summer league.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

consistant shooting usually takes some time to develop...see. AB, and Rondo...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

then we'll have a starting Line up of:

Garnett
    Sullinger
    Pierce
    Lee
    Rondo

with a bench of:

Wilcox
    Bass
    Green
    Bradley
    Terry

not too shabby there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : I know he is the real deal. Can't wait to see him play with Rondo.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

How can he be the real deal after struggling big time in the Summer League?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

I think Sullinger will be workman-like, at best. Did you watch the summer league? He looks somewhat lead-footed and doesn't show a lot of touch around the basket; but he can clear space and rebound. I see a player , but no all-star.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

No way is Sullinger going to start, especially as a rookie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

I don't believe Sully will start but in two years if he progresses as he should he will be a starter. I hope he gets good quality minutes and develops his game this year. He should be able to contribute this year but will probably be inconsistent, as most rookies are. My hope is he can just rebound this year because the Cs are a terrible rebounding team.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Sully is project along with Melo -- take this to the bank.

Who will rebound? KG? maybe...for how long?? 
    somewhere along the line Celtics will suffer,
    we will lost his service at the forward position.

alternative? Collins? treat him like Hollins -- no reboundLaughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

After dumping that creaky stiff Perk why would we want that idiot that refused to resign with us and we were lucky to dump him? He showed in the finals he is a stiff when you are out played by Collison and Coles. Perk is having surgery AGAIN not only is he a stiff he is a fragile stiff at that. The fascination with this stiff is ridiculous!!!! We suckered OKC even if Green never plays for us again,Kristic and the picks we got are more than he is worth.
    Back to Sullinger, my son said something interesting about him; "He looks like  Paul Pierce if PP was 4 iunches bigger.". The game I think Sullinger will have is like a Zack Randolph/ Elton Brand kinda game. He does have down low game that has more moves than a bottle of Ex Lax aka Moses Malone,not saying he is that good but I see he usually is getting position for a board while he is posting up aka Moses.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]Sully is the real deal. Probably somewhere between BB and Kevin Love. And he is only 20 years old.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Solid comparison and I agree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]I think Sullinger will be workman-like, at best. Did you watch the summer league? He looks somewhat lead-footed and doesn't show a lot of touch around the basket; but he can clear space and rebound. I see a player , but no all-star.
    Posted by clappy[/QUOTE]

Huh? This is what he is known for...Lead-footed, sure, but Sullinger definitely has a soft touch and can get the ball in the bucket.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

If Sully gets a good dietician, and drops a few pounds by the time camp opens, he will be in the rotation.  If he does well in camp, he may start.  He is our only low post threat at the moment, and could take more pressure off KG than Bass could.  Just from what I observed in summer league, he looked out of shape, but is a very good passer, and has a high basketball IQ. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Hedley, first thing he did was hire a professional chef and he has the desire and chip on his shoulder combined with a father who keeps him grounding and supports him. I was impressed with what I saw from a 20 y/o. I am still waiting for someone to tell me when was the last time they saw a player his size do all the things that he can do. I wanna say maybe Antoine Walker and its a good comparison because they both have big butts and no lift and both will have succesful careers in the NBA. Sully is not gonna bring up the ball as well as Toine' but he CAN bring the ball up when he needs to and is a very good passer and just knows how to play. He already has a lot of little things that take years to learn. He just needs to have NBA conditioning and coaching and sky is the limit. He has the Chef!  He has Doc as well as K.G. and so I think the kid is gonna be very good. Not a homer comment either. I know talent and this kid has tons of it.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

+1  agree 100%

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I dont see the comparison to antoine other than both players have large behinds and not much lift. Antoine was a hybrid 3 and 4. Sully is pure 4. Antoine was a very good ball handler and distributor. Sully is not. Antoine is more of a permiter player where sully is not. Sully is more of a brusier and Antoine is more of a finesse player.  

I know cs fans dont want to hear it, but I think the best comparison is bbaby. Which is not a bad thing. Sully is a better scorer and rebounder while bbaby is the better defensive player.  If you recall bbaby was suppose to be a LOTTERY pick and then stayed in school another year and his stock dropped (sounds familiar to sully).

I see sully being a slightly better bbaby  and thats a good player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTk1u3Qhk0&feature=relmfu

I think he is going to be way better than Baby....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : I said Mark Aguirre, and I'm sticking to it!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I like this comparison, let's hope so.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : As long as Gasol and Bynum are with the Lakers, OKC will need Perk. The Celts will not be #1 in rebounding, but by getting younger the Celts improved in that department. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I'd say the Celtics went from last in rebounding to about 15th

More than good enough for an uptempo running team

Gonna have to pay whatever Dish Network says to see every game this season
    19 nationally televised games is not enough for me !

This team is quite an exciting collection of talent by Ainge & Doc Rivers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!! : I'd say the Celtics went from last in rebounding to about 15th More than good enough for an uptempo running team Gonna have to pay whatever Dish Network says to see every game this season 19 nationally televised games is not enough for me ! This team is quite an exciting collection of talent by Ainge & Doc Rivers
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

I know decisions, decisions. 19 games is pretty good compared to a lot of teams. So basically u can catch them once a week on avg. Yea u right that aint enough. Damn Directv now they gonna get my money for both nfl sunday ticket and nba league pass.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Suppose Sully is as good as adverised!!:
    [QUOTE]Is Jared Sullinger the real deal?  If he isn't, disregard this post.  What if he IS?  Then, this kid needs to play! Suppose we get half-way through the season, and realize we have Sully and AB playing very well.....................how about this for a trade? OKC gets Bass and Lee - BOS gets Perk and Cook OKC starts Westbrook, Sephalosha, Durant, Bass and Ibaka, with Lee, Harden, Maynor, PJ3 and Collison off the bench. We would have Rondo, AB, PP,  KG and Perk, with a bench mob of Dooling, Terry, Green, Cook, Sullinger and Wilcox. Something to think about??
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Nothing to think about. We've gone over this ad nauseum. Why would we want a lead footed, defensive oriented player with zero offensive shooting or passing ability in Perk. We've got Melo. Give him time and he'll be a huge upgrade over Perk. Personally I like Perk but let him stay in OKC.  

Plus if we are adding speed to this team to work with Rondo, Perk is far from the answer. 

Hetch 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

what seems apparent about sullinger from the summer leagues is this...

1. he has a big body, but is at least 10 or 15 pounds overweight and is in serious need of an nba conditioning program to take weight off and get his body fat % down
    2. he has a good nose for rebounding the basketball and can use his bulk and long reach to his advantage
    3. he seems to have good hands, not something that can be assumed with big men. 
    4. he has a nice touch. 
    5. has excellent footwork on the offensive end of the court
    6. seems to know how to play the game

these things are also true

1. he shot around 35% from the floor against vastly inferior competition to what he will face in camp, and especially during the regular season.
    2. he has no jumping ability at all
    3. he is going to have to seriously adjust his offensive arsenal if he expects to even get a shot of in the paint in the nba. too often he throws his body into defenders and kind of "hopes for the best". many of the little hesitation/shot-putted leaners he made in the lane will be promptyly sent back by even average nba defenders. 
    4. despite some of the strange comparisons to players like aguirre (who shared only a sizable posterior) and walker on this board, sullinger will not likely face the basket other than to take standing shots from the outside and/or rolling off screens and spotting up in the high post. both aguirre and walker had the ability to face the basket, dribble the ball, and get others involved. aguirre, like another undersized power player adrian dantley, did post up and back players down, using their width to gather space, but this was only part of aguirre's game. sullinger is a post player who can shoot it some from the outside. 
    5. seemed to struggle with foot speed and positioning on defense at times (might improve when he knows the system and is with vets)
    6. shot selection not always great. gets shot blocked a lot. (a lot of this is about figuring out what he can and can't do against better, bigger defenders). 

the comparison to someone like big baby is actually not a bad one, though sullinger has more length (7 "1" wingspan) and davis has the worst vertical in the nba (20") as opposed to Sullinger's still not very good "31". some additional comparisons might be elton brand or perhaps carlos boozer or Zack Randolph as to the the kind ofplayer sullinger MIGHT turn into. 

seems like some are expecting too much right away from a kid who is seriously challenged athletically and the jury is very much still out on whether he will even have any impact at all on this team in the coming year, though the skills are intriguing and there's something about his confidence on the court, maturity of his game, ability to rebound, touch, and apparent hunger that's undoubtedly appealing. 

if this kid can somehow provide something like 8/6 or 9/7 numbers playing 20 minutes a game this is going to be a lot better team than it otherwise might be. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts