suppose the tank happens and we get the #1 - parker vs wiggins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

suppose the tank happens and we get the #1 - parker vs wiggins?

Since we are in dullest part of the nba off-season, I thought I'd throw this one out there: suppose the C's do tank (or are just plain terrible), and the ping-pong balls bounce our way. Do we take Wiggins or Parker (or Randle)? The common wisdom seems to suggest Wiggins is a lock for the number one spot. I'm not so sure. Wiggins is clearly more athletic, and his speed and vertical are insane. However, he seems to rely entirely on these gifts; the difference in natural ability between him and high school players is so great he blows by everyone for monster dunks. This difference won't be as great in the nba, and furthermore, nba defenses are sophisticated enough to prevent Wiggins from gathering the momentum he needs to pull off those highlight dunks. Parker, though less athletic, seems to have a better all around game, as well as the determination and craftiness of a great player. Admittedly, my knowledge of the two players comes from highlight reels, which may be biased to emphasize the "wow" factor of Wiggins game, but I just have a feeling about Parker. I guess if I had to summarize, I'd say Wiggins has the edge atheletically, but Parker has the edge mentally (high b-ball IQ, killer instinct, complete game), and the gap between their athletic abilities is not as large as the one between their b-ball IQs. Parker just seems like a guy who will make team mates better, not sure the same can be said for Wiggins. Am I way off-base here??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: suppose the tank happens and we get the #1 - parker vs wiggins?

This is a kid who played against Randle and just obliterated him.

This is a kid who is being compared to Lebron. Meaning "not quite Lebron talent, but right behind him"

Yes, he relies on his athleticism, but he also has a ton of skill. He's already a superstar.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/8/27/4662610/the-case-for-tanking-andrew-wiggins-nba-draft-2014-philadelphia-76ers-kansas-jayhawks

Absolutely 100% Wiggins. Unless he tears his ACL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

But ... I guess Wiggins hasn't really faced Parker. This year will tell us a lot. How great would that be if it gets close, where this draft turns into a Lebron & Durant as the top 2. 

I can't wait to see them play each other in college, guard each other. This draft is shaping up to be exceptionally loaded. I mean, there's like 7 or 8 possible future allstars already identified and then there are always black sheep, the unknown player from the unknown school who comes out of nowhere.

I really, really, REALLY, envy those 76ers ... they already have four top15 pick players in Turner (2nd), Noel (6th), MCW (11) and Thad Young (12)

and they're poised to potentially get the top 2 in the 2014 draft. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

This is a kid who is being compared to Lebron. Meaning "not quite Lebron talent, but right behind him"

Yes, he relies on his athleticism, but he also has a ton of skill. He's already a superstar.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/8/27/4662610/the-case-for-tanking-andrew-wiggins-nba-draft-2014-philadelphia-76ers-kansas-jayhawks

Fair enough, and I concede Wiggins' natural talent is off the charts. Would like to point out that Parker has also been compared to Lebron, and of the two, I think Parker is more like Lebron in some ways, e.g. passing skills and ability to play point-forward. In the end, I trust Danny, and would be more than happy to get either one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Who would you take at their prime, Lebron or Pierce?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

But ... I guess Wiggins hasn't really faced Parker. This year will tell us a lot. How great would that be if it gets close, where this draft turns into a Lebron & Durant as the top 2. 

I can't wait to see them play each other in college, guard each other. This draft is shaping up to be exceptionally loaded. I mean, there's like 7 or 8 possible future allstars already identified and then there are always black sheep, the unknown player from the unknown school who comes out of nowhere.

I really, really, REALLY, envy those 76ers ... they already have four top15 pick players in Turner (2nd), Noel (6th), MCW (11) and Thad Young (12)

Try..... dark horse.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Lebron is the right choice, definitely better. But, me I still take Pierce.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Unlike Wiggins and Parker I did watch Lebron and Peirce. Therefore I'd take Lebron. 2 reasons: he's better on D-end and he, being an NBA darling, is allowed so much that PP doesn't come close.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Try..... dark horse.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

TRUTH.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Couldn't have said it better myself. (therefore Wiggins)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

10-4...go w/ Wiggins...let's just hope he stays away from ANY fat azzed Krudazzian...after they dump LAM-ARE Odom they'll be looking for rich fresh meat to glom onto!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

HUH ?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

I'm assuming this question is sarcastic, and intended to point out how ridiculous the comparison of Wiggins and Parker is (though I love Pierce, Lebron is clearly the better player). If so, I don't agree the current visible difference between the two is that dramatic. Might be later on, I don't know. Implicit in my original question is how much of this is hype; let's be honest, both players are in high school, and thus unless someone is a professional scout, they probably haven't seen either play enough to definitively say Wiggins is so clearly superior. I may very well end up being wrong, and I'm clearly in the minority, but I think Parker might be more of a sure thing...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Its goint to be a Lebron v. Durant type of debate for the next 10 years.

Lets hope they stay healthy because the most important stat in sports is ...

games played.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hi,

Unlike Wiggins and Parker I did watch Lebron and Peirce. Therefore I'd take Lebron. 2 reasons: he's better on D-end and he, being an NBA darling, is allowed so much that PP doesn't come close.

AK

[/QUOTE]

Bettter on D? In what universe? LeBron is a very mediocre one on one defender. Ignore the hype. Watch the games.

LeBron is one of the most overrated athletes in pro sports.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheOriginalDfury13. Show TheOriginalDfury13's posts

Forget it the lottery is rigged against us.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trax. Show Trax's posts

In response to TheOriginalDfury13's comment:

Forget it the lottery is rigged against us.

LOL. No, it's not.

How's that other venture going?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trax. Show Trax's posts

Pierce over LeBron?

With that mentality as a GM, you would be lucky to win 1 championship in 27 years.

Too funny my friend.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to scash2013's comment:

In response to sinus007's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hi,

AK

[/QUOTE]

Bettter on D? In what universe? LeBron is a very mediocre one on one defender. Ignore the hype. Watch the games.

LeBron is one of the most overrated athletes in pro sports.

[/QUOTE]

Lebron is a supreme athlete. he carried the cavs to the finals last 2007 despite of having mediocre teammates back then. just like Iverson and Jason Kidd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Trax's comment:

Pierce over LeBron?

With that mentality as a GM, you would be lucky to win 1 championship in 27 years.

Too funny my friend.

imo yes, i would take also lebron over pierce. pierce never had a chance to bring the C's to the nba finals by himself before. Kidd, Iverson, and lebron did it since 00's

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Both will be very good players. From watching the Jordan Brand Classic (all I have to go on right now), it would appear that Jabrari has the slight edge skill wise and all around offensive game. Randle looked pretty good, but we already have a 6'9 wide body in Sully. It's a tough call, but I would have to go with Parker...... uuuuhhhhh........ yeah........ wait........ hhhhmmmmmm........ maybe..... Man, it's really tough to say after watching only 1 game. Wiggins ceiling is really tough to pass on though.

Here it is in case you haven't seen it. Video quality kinda sux. www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_CkyWYl5yg 

I'm still going to be keeping a close eye on Cauley-Stein and Embiid this season. I really want a defensive anchor/rim protector at the center position, badly! Embiid has only been playing like four years (red flag), but he did have some good blocks on Randle and didn't back down from that matchup. I like that. Shows eagerness, and that he's not timid. Needs improvement though. They all do.

Sections
Shortcuts