Swagger!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Swagger!!!

It took Kevin Garnett to finally fill the Swag void left by Larry Bird. Thank God Marcus Smart will fill KG's departure much quicker. No disrespect to Paul Pierce , but the Swagger of which I speak belongs to a very few and far between players. You know the guys in any sport of which I speak, the real leaders who would  talk as good a game as they played because they absolutely believed they alone could will their teams (themselves) to victory......Deion Sanders, Brett Favre, Cassius Clay, Randy Johnson, MJ, Magic and for the Celtics personally Larry Legend, KG and now Marcus Smart.!!!! The intensity in which he plays EVERY PLAY is amazing and that alone will drive whomever his teammates are to be their best as well. Is he the sexy pick for most C's fans, probably not but I believe he will be THAT guy for years to come. Immediate defense and toughness. He and Sully (if he stays) make a physically imposing high/ low combo who both know how to use their bodies to rebound on both ends. There is NO C's fan who can say we don't need help on the glass and NO, it doesn't have to come from a 7 footer. Thank you Danny for this pick. If it means the end of Rondo.......Peace!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Re: Swagger!!!

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It took Kevin Garnett to finally fill the Swag void left by Larry Bird. Thank God Marcus Smart will fill KG's departure much quicker. No disrespect to Paul Pierce , but the Swagger of which I speak belongs to a very few and far between players. You know the guys in any sport of which I speak, the real leaders who would  talk as good a game as they played because they absolutely believed they alone could will their teams (themselves) to victory......Deion Sanders, Brett Favre, Cassius Clay, Randy Johnson, MJ, Magic and for the Celtics personally Larry Legend, KG and now Marcus Smart.!!!! The intensity in which he plays EVERY PLAY is amazing and that alone will drive whomever his teammates are to be their best as well. Is he the sexy pick for most C's fans, probably not but I believe he will be THAT guy for years to come. Immediate defense and toughness. He and Sully (if he stays) make a physically imposing high/ low combo who both know how to use their bodies to rebound on both ends. There is NO C's fan who can say we don't need help on the glass and NO, it doesn't have to come from a 7 footer. Thank you Danny for this pick. If it means the end of Rondo.......Peace!!!

[/QUOTE]
      Swagger.  The C's could use some of that.  I hope you're right about Marcus Smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

There's No Substitute For Arrogance !

LONG LIVE THE GREAT JOE PERRY !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Smart definitely brings toughness.  You get the feeling the game will break out into a fight before he lets us lose.

I loved rondo before the last couple of years.  Sure didn't like extra weight he brought back from the injury, even if it is bulk from lifting (is it?).  The svelt lightning bug was nowhere to be found.

I can see him picking up points in the post now though.  He may gain some speed back this summer I hope.  I won't be sad if he stays, but with smart here I really see no reason to keep him.  At this point, I suppose you have two choices:

if you think he's hasn't progressed you dump him for whatever.

if you feel he's looking better and working hard, you may want to keep him long enough to display him in hopes of getting a better trade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I think Young brings swagger too.

He had that nasty look after cramming on my UConn boys.

Smart is the definition of swagger though, which is frigggin awesome