Swap JO for Frye

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Swap JO for Frye

Would help both teams, the Suns really need a big man to fill the void left by Amare and the Celtics could use a big man that can shoot from the outside.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Swap JO for Frye

Is Frye strong enough to play some Centre? Or would you have Davis play Centre when Shaq's on the bench?

I thought JO was finished last season when he was ineffective for Miami. But the season is still young, the thing is with JO is he doesn't have to play that many minutes a night. He should be fresh and able to contribute something. Only early days for him so far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

This is just something to think about because after only 2 games there are Celtic fans who believe that JO is "officially pathetic". 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Only saw him in the Heat game and he didn't do much at all there. I think the guy should have retired before last season. But he still must have some ability there someplace.

Personally think the Celtics would have been better off with either Sheldon Williams or Leon Powe in the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Swap JO for Frye:
    [QUOTE]This is just something to think about because after only 2 games there are Celtic fans who believe that JO is "officially pathetic". 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

OMG just saw your profile pic and almost freaked out. That is just freaky! Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think this would not be a good trade for either team.

The Suns just signed Frye for 5 years so why would they now trade him and for a player like O'Neal.  They have a young Robin Lopez at center and am not sure O'Neal can play in their fast-paced system, even as a backup.

Then again, if you're Danny, why would the Celtics want to take on a contract that will go for another 4 years and $24 million?  Not sure that even benefits the Celtics.

If JON eventually gets his legs and gets comfortable and can provide some solid defense and offense, we will be ok.  We don't need 10 points and 10 rebounds from the guy.  Just give us some solid minutes and good defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Swap JO for Frye "

Fierce----stop your premature ejaculation!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]"Swap JO for Frye " Fierce----stop your premature ejaculation!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Can't be any worse than JO is "officially pathetic".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I think this would not be a good trade for either team. The Suns just signed Frye for 5 years so why would they now trade him and for a player like O'Neal.  They have a young Robin Lopez at center and am not sure O'Neal can play in their fast-paced system, even as a backup. Then again, if you're Danny, why would the Celtics want to take on a contract that will go for another 4 years and $24 million?  Not sure that even benefits the Celtics. If JON eventually gets his legs and gets comfortable and can provide some solid defense and offense, we will be ok.  We don't need 10 points and 10 rebounds from the guy.  Just give us some solid minutes and good defense.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Finally, something positive about JO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Here's something for Celtic fans to think about. We give Denver Rondo, Perkins, Bradley, and JO, they give us Carmelo, and Ty Lawson. We get a superstar closer, and the Nuggets come away with about as much as they are going to get for Anthony. Both teams come away a winner, with this trade! I know we have Pierce at the 3 spot, but i'm talking about a young superstar, one of the 5 top players in the game!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow kyceltic.  Giving up Rondo?  Wow.  If Denver is crazy enough to do it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I don't see Denver wanting Rondo when they have Chauncey Billups.  Unless they plan to move him, you can't have Rondo and Billups in the same backcourt.

Not sure they'd want Perk coming back from major knee surgery either.  JON and Bradley are, what I consider, throw-ins.

As for Carmello and Lawson, we would be less apt to have those 4th quarter offensive droughts.  Carmello can do what Ray and Paul can't do, and that is score at ANY time on ANYBODY.  I love Lawson's game too.

I'd do it but I am not sure the Nuggets would.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Hi Petey, If Denver did this trade, they could then trade Billups, for a very good player, or if they wanted to keep Billups, they could trade Rondo. You're right they wouldn't want to keep them both.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveStigmatic. Show SteveStigmatic's posts

Aren't we giving up on J O'neal a little too early...it's only 2 games into the season...80 more games to go. Also without Rondo the Celtics would fall apart now and in the future. Davis, Rondo, Erden are probably going to be the core of the future rebuild

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobetheman. Show kobetheman's posts

In Response to Swap JO for Frye:
    [QUOTE]Would help both teams, the Suns really need a big man to fill the void left by Amare and the Celtics could use a big man that can shoot from the outside.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  Throwing your mid level exception under the bus two games into the season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

trading Rondo would be a HUGE mistake

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

trading Rondo is crazy

We haven't had a point guard like Rondo since Tiny.  (love ya DJ)  I'm sticking with my guy and I'll say this too:  he is already an all star, All NBA D.  Remember him embarassing the Orlando point guards?  Remember that dive and takeaway from Jason Williams?  Again with the triple-doubles in the playoffs.  Rondo may be an MVP of the league one day.  I just don't even understand what the problem is with Rajon Rondo.  I think he's great.  Triple-doubles in the playoffs indicate a trade?  Screw Carmelo Anthony; you think Paul Pierce is gonna play second fiddle on his own team which he carried and on which he is captain?  Cheer for your guys and stop being so damn critical all the time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I think Denver will trade Melo before the deadline. Boston would be mad to trade Rondo. He's the future of the Celtics.

If he wound up in Boston (couldn't see it happening) he could slot into 3 and Pierce could move to guard, he'd be a better piece to have in the team alongside Rondo that's for sure, and would be more complimentary to a running game.

Perhaps he could wind up in Boston after the season. The team would definitely change if a championship isn't won. Really feel this is a last stand for the current squad. I think he'd play great with Rondo.

I think he'll probably land in New York, making the East an even tougher conference to play in.

Overall big picture look is that it's a sad day for the smaller market teams when they appear to keep losing their star players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KGLove, why do you think trading Rondo would be a huge mistake?  When you get down to it, Rondo is the only trade chip we have in order to get a very good player(s) and depending on what is offered in return, it could help the Celtics.

Rondo has performed extremely well in several playoff games.  He virtually won the Chicago series two seasons ago and really dominated Cleveland last season.  His dominance over Jameer and Jason Williams is no huge feat.  It'd be more impressive if he had those games against the Lakers in the Finals. THAT is where he would make his name and he left alot to be desired.

I love Rondo but he isn't un-tradeable.  And I think trading Rondo is worth getting one of the top 5 players in the NBA in Carmello.  I also believe Ty Lawson could develop into a solid star in the NBA. 

The future?  When PP, Ray, KG and Shaq are gone, what will we have?  Rondo and Baby and Perk?  That's not too bright a future?  I think if we had Perk, Baby, Carmello and Ty Lawson, our future would be much brighter.  That transition would be much easier. 

I always believe that, for the right player(s), anyone is tradeable.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE] Here's something for Celtic fans to think about. We give Denver Rondo, Perkins, Bradley, and JO, they give us Carmelo, and Ty Lawson. We get a superstar closer, and the Nuggets come away with about as much as they are going to get for Anthony. Both teams come away a winner, with this trade! I know we have Pierce at the 3 spot, but i'm talking about a young superstar, one of the 5 top players in the game!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Carmelo is great no doubt about it, but I think he would veto this trade. The Celtics window is very short. two years from now he would be stuck on a rebuilding team.  Not to mention, we'd lose maybe the best point guard in the game to get a player who happens to play the same position as piece who is locked in for four more years. Finally, Carmelo would take a while to get integrated and comfortable with our system and we'd lose a lot of time on our rapidly closing window. i don't think it makes sense for us. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Swap JO for Frye : LMAO!  Throwing your mid level exception under the bus two games into the season. 
    Posted by kobetheman[/QUOTE]
      Well said. You get a lot of that on these blog site. Fortunately there are several people here who usually have positive attitudes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

FYI both JO and Frye can't be traded until after Dec. 15.

Again, this topic can't be any worse than JO is "officially pathetic".

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rondo is a far more valuable player than Carmelo.  It is also a point guard driven league.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

Frye can't defend, can't rebound, can't play inside
    his one strength is his 3pt shooting, and against the lakers in the playoffs, he missed 19 of his first 20 attempts