Swing for the moon - Lance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Swing for the moon - Lance

Danny pulls the trigger on a Bradley&Wallace for expiring, and now has a TON of cap space. He looks at Lance Stephenson in Indiana becoming an UFA, making less than 1M this year, looks at their cap situation and sees a team that already has 65M committed and will be strapped to make a max offer for Lance. He sees opportunity.

Would you make a homerun, max deal for Lance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Swing for the moon - Lance

Imagine a Celtics team with:

Rondo

Stephenson

Green

Bass / Olynyk

Sullinger 

Add in (best case) Embiid and a McDermott ...

With a back-up plan of putting in an large offer for Hayward

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Who is going to take Wallace?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Charlotte might do it. There would be teams out there who would take on the cap space if Celtics include Bradley.

If not, there are certainly teams out there who would take on Bass for expirings, especially if packaged with Crawford.

Right now the Celtics sit at 43M committed next year, which is less than what it really is with the RFA and rookie cap holds. But it doesn't matter. Lets assume DA frees up enough space to sign Lance to a max deal.

Would you do it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nobody.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would do it......but I heard he wants to stay in IND.  Also, as we all know, I like Hayward better!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would do it......but I heard he wants to stay in IND.  Also, as we all know, I like Hayward better!

[/QUOTE]

Of course he is saying that now. I'm not here reporting that Stephenson is unhappy and looking for a new situations. He loves his team and they are favorites in my mind to win the whole thing. But hey look after the Celtics won, DA wouldn't pay some guys and they left. It happens.

If Lance is looking at 9M verses 15M .... its all about getting dem checks!

And like I said, if you can't get Lance (if Chicago amnesties Boozer they could go after him too) Hayward is a great second option at the 2.

And if it takes Bradley to deal Wallace, C's would be looking to pay a guy at SG

Sections
Shortcuts